PDA

View Full Version : Semi new player looking for a guild.

xxxJeffxxx
06-11-2010, 12:22 AM
I've played ddo before. But it was on a free to play account. And with all the restrictions that came with that (mainly the money limit) I never stuck with it. But now i'm premium. So I am deffinitly going to stay on DDO. So I am looking for a guild on any server. I prefer a roleplaying guild, but a casual, or even a permadeath guild will do.

As far as experience goes, I have only made it to level 3 on ddo, so i'm still new. I've played pnp on and off for a while, so I have a decent enough grasp on feats, skills etc.
As for other MMOs, I played WoW for about two-three years. But needless to say, the community wasn't what I was looking for. And with every new expansion the game seemed to drift more and more towards easy mode island.
I played guild wars for about two years, and Ultima Online for two years. So I think I have a great grasp on MMOs over all. I don't have a mic, but I can get vent to listen to guild chatter, or take directions if it comes to raiding and pvp later on.

If I sound like a decent guildie, please send me a PM on the forums. Because I will be posting this on the guild recruitments on every server lol.

-Thanks!

RoboVanguard
06-11-2010, 12:28 AM
Although D&D is primarily a role-playing game, don't expect to see much of it in DDO. It's just not efficient enough to spend time with limited roleplaying capabilities. Most people get annoyed with it as well, and I can understand why. It's also difficult to want to roleplay with people who can't type in coherent sentences (i.e. 90% of roleplaying on the server if you see it at all is extremely shallow). I would advise not to put the focus on roleplaying, but rather on communicating with the other players normally. What you'll notice is different in DDO besides the mechanics is the (mostly) intelligent groups and a generally more mature community (aside from the random 7-year-old).

Good luck finding the guild of your choice!

Teldurn
06-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Although D&D is primarily a role-playing game, don't expect to see much of it in DDO. It's just not efficient enough to spend time with limited roleplaying capabilities. Most people get annoyed with it as well, and I can understand why. It's also difficult to want to roleplay with people who can't type in coherent sentences (i.e. 90% of roleplaying on the server if you see it at all is extremely shallow). I would advise not to put the focus on roleplaying, but rather on communicating with the other players normally. What you'll notice is different in DDO besides the mechanics is the (mostly) intelligent groups and a generally more mature community (aside from the random 7-year-old).

Good luck finding the guild of your choice!

Actually, I disagree with your sentiment. It's been my experience that roleplaying is very much alive and well in this game (or at the very least, on Sarlona). The initial road bump many people will likely come across is actually finding that goldmine of roleplaying in the game. It's there; it's just hidden under the mountain of powergamers and min-maxers.

Granted, the *actual* roleplaying community is much smaller than I would like, but those times when it does happen, it's not shallow at all.