PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Airship Zone / Training Dummy

Daehawk
06-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Now that we have a training dummy I decided to go see if I could blast it with magic. The answer is no, because we are in a public zone on the airship.

My suggestion is to lift the Public Zone spell casting tag from airships. That way casters can also test their damage vs the test dummy as well.

Okram
06-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Would also be nice if you could crit or sneak attack the dummy to test your real damage on it.

MrkGrismer
06-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Perhaps a 'Summoner Crewmember' that could some a variety of different monsters (via monster summoning/nature's ally) that were hostile would be better. Of course, it still would have to be a non-public instance.

Kruler
06-13-2010, 08:16 AM
Now that we have a training dummy I decided to go see if I could blast it with magic. The answer is no, because we are in a public zone on the airship.

My suggestion is to lift the Public Zone spell casting tag from airships. That way casters can also test their damage vs the test dummy as well.

Are test dummies really necessary? I thought that's what the explorer areas were for ....

Symar-FangofLloth
06-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Are test dummies really necessary? I thought that's what the explorer areas were for ....

Not since the Scrag nerf...

Dcurd
06-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Non-public zone also means we can grease guildies off the plank :P

I'm all for it :D

Angelus_dead
06-13-2010, 11:50 AM
Would also be nice if you could crit or sneak attack the dummy to test your real damage on it.
Yes, the current training dummy is nothing but a high-hitpoint construct, which means that it's nearly the same as testing DPS on a Risia portal (except for the lack of DR I suppose). That's pretty far from what players would really be interested in testing.

For better results the Training Dummy would work something like this:
You talk to it to set the creature type (maybe 5 choices such as human, ogre, pit fiend, skeleton, golem) and then choose another talk option to turn it on. Then you choose another talk option to set the time limit, such as 60 or 500 seconds. Then once it's damaged it starts a countdown for that time limit, and at the end of the time (or when killed) it gives you a message containing the following nine stats:
* Elapsed time
* Total damage taken (and from you specifically)
* Total hits suffered (and from you specifically)
* Average damage per hit (and from you specifically)
* DPS taken (and from you specifically)