PDA

View Full Version : Recalling from Vale = Meridia !

insanity7
06-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Its time to do this

karnokvolrath
06-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Im rather confuzed, doesnt it always do this?

Maybe you need to complete the "meridia" quest dont know, but when i recall from the vale it always puts me in meridia.

salmag
06-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Its time to do this

I believe it recalls you to the entry point from which you entered the vale.

ie if you entered the vale from Meridia, you recall back to Meridia,
if you entered from the twelve, you recall back to the twelve.

Grosbeak07
06-09-2010, 12:38 PM
There is (was?) a bug when if you recalled out of a quest, then recalled again, you went to the 12 instead of Meridia, even if you left Meridia to begin with.

If you just run out of Meridia and do the open area and then recall you go back to Meridia.

Dsav101
06-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Every time I have FO'ed from a quest, then recalled from Vale, I end up back in the twelve. I too wish they would fix it so that I end up back in Meridia!

-Hustler

Newtons_Apple
06-09-2010, 02:05 PM
There are work-arounds.

1. Greater (or on an individual basis Regular) teleport.

2. Use a d-door, and walk out of the entrance to the quest into the Vale. Then recall, and you'll be in Meridia.

3. If you have no d-door, leave 1 person in quest - all but 1 recall, then all re-enter the quest and step back out into the vale. Then recall to Meridia. (Remember you'll have to give the person who stayed in a chance to recall and re enter, so 1 more person will have to wait inside the quest at the entrance.)

4. Or, if you're bound at Meridia, /death.

Krag
06-09-2010, 02:08 PM
There are work-arounds.

1. Greater teleport.

2. Use a d-door, and walk out of the entrance to the quest into the Vale. Then recall, and you'll be in Meridia.

3. If you have no d-door, leave 1 person in quest - all but 1 recall, then all re-enter the quest and step back out into the vale. Then recall to Meridia. (Remember you'll have to give the person who stayed in a chance to recall and re enter, so 1 more person will have to wait inside the quest at the entrance.)

4. Or, if you're bound at Meridia, /death.

2 and 3 didn't work for me.

Newtons_Apple
06-09-2010, 02:11 PM
2 and 3 didn't work for me.

Maybe you need to compete the quest "Finding Meridia" or whatever it is. Or, you may have legitimitally entered the Vale from the Twelve, in which case you're stuck until you can enter the Vale from Meridia.

Vynnt
06-09-2010, 02:19 PM
2 and 3 didn't work for me.If you walk out of a vale quest (actually click the door and leave), you will be able to recall back to Meridia. Using 'Finish Out', makes it so when you recall from the Vale, you go back to the 12.

Krag
06-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Maybe you need to compete the quest "Finding Meridia" or whatever it is. Or, you may have legitimitally entered the Vale from the Twelve, in which case you're stuck until you can enter the Vale from Meridia.

I am bound to Meridia and usually enter the Vale from there.
It's not a big deal, since my toon is a caster and carries stacks of Teleport and Greater Teleport scrolls, but I imagine how annoying it could be for a pure melee without UMD.

Eladiun
06-09-2010, 02:34 PM
This is a very annoying hit or miss procedure. A fix would be great, if I recall inside the Vale I go to Merida..if I want to go to the gate I can get there fast enough once in Meridia.

mws2970
06-09-2010, 02:34 PM
I am bound to Meridia and usually enter the Vale from there.
It's not a big deal, since my toon is a caster and carries stacks of Teleport and Greater Teleport scrolls, but I imagine how annoying it could be for a pure melee without UMD.

Um, it sucks until you can get to Meridia and get bound at the bar. After that, it's just a matter of a short trip on the Soul Train!

Bogenbroom
06-09-2010, 02:44 PM
It has always been my impression that the behavior with this, while odd, is extremely consistent and has to do with how you enter the Vale.

If you recall/finish out of a quest then recall from the Vale you will be in the 12.
If you leave a quest by its entry door (actually clicking the door) to enter the Vale, then recall from teh Vale you will be in Meridia.

Hence the frequent use of the d-door work-around.