PDA

View Full Version : Voice of the Master XP Bonus has Turned into a Penalty.

TiranBlade
06-09-2010, 01:06 AM
The 5% XP bonus from the Voice of the Master Trinket isn't giving a 5% bonus on Lam, it's instead giving around a 90% something penalty. I have summited two bug reports on the matter, I hope the dev team figures it out.

Anyone else seeing the same issue?

AyumiAmakusa
06-09-2010, 01:23 AM
Are you sure you're not doing a quest that's way below your level? Like lvl 13 does lvl 7 quest gets -99% exp.

TiranBlade
06-09-2010, 01:47 AM
Level 8 doing Stormcleave Outpost Casual (CR 7)

Also, other guild members have experienced this issue on Lamannia.

SisAmethyst
06-09-2010, 01:53 AM
The 5% XP bonus from the Voice of the Master Trinket isn't giving a 5% bonus on Lam, it's instead giving around a 90% something penalty. I have summited two bug reports on the matter, I hope the dev team figures it out.

Anyone else seeing the same issue?

yes same here, and it really sucks, already posted an ingame bug report:

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy221/SisAmethyst/DDO/ScreenShot00020.png

and no, it is not a penalty due to level as one can see

TiranBlade
06-09-2010, 01:55 AM
Yeah, if this one hits live it's going to be a Hugh WOOPSIE!, because a lot of that XP really can't be earned again.

iamsamoth0
06-09-2010, 01:57 AM
it says it's a bonus!
Yay for QA! FTW!
I'm glad people have noticed.

SisAmethyst
06-09-2010, 02:05 AM
I wonder if this is a penalty for using a dice symbol :D

Running the numbers x = 1760*100/(1760+92) = 95 alas it is actualy a 95% penalty. Probably due to the effect that the voice of the master was equiped at the new update and the 5% is now subtracted. I just fear that unequiping will make it worse -> 100% penalty.

TiranBlade
06-09-2010, 02:16 AM
No unequiping it fixes the problem, but if you reequip it comes back.

AyumiAmakusa
06-09-2010, 03:02 AM
Lol that some serious bug. Thank god someone noticed on Lam before it hit the other servers. It'd be horrible if I wear something only to get a 'bonus' of -95% xp!!

Cylinwolf
06-09-2010, 04:57 AM
After bug reporting, can you test and see if Mantle of the Worldshaper is giving the same problem?

I don't have Llamaland to do it myself.

Mister_Peace
06-09-2010, 05:34 AM
Voice of the Master shouldn't be affecting slayer XP anyways - double bug.

Melyc'inya
06-09-2010, 05:54 AM
Voice of the Master shouldn't be affecting slayer XP anyways - double bug.

Actually...

The Mantle of the Worldshaper and Voice of the Master items will grant their XP bonuses in landscapes, and will additionally stack with Store experience elixirs.

According to the updated release notes.

vVAnjilaVv
06-09-2010, 05:57 AM
Actually...

The Mantle of the Worldshaper and Voice of the Master items will grant their XP bonuses in landscapes, and will additionally stack with Store experience elixirs.

According to the updated release notes.

Whoa!!!! I missed that memo...thanks for making my day....if ur lying or wrong...I will HUNT YOU DOWN :p:D

Melyc'inya
06-09-2010, 06:01 AM
Whoa!!!! I missed that memo...thanks for making my day....if ur lying or wrong...I will HUNT YOU DOWN :p:D

Well, it's there in the release notes for all to read...so if it doesn't get implimented, I'm afraid you'll have to redirect your hunt toward Turbine. ;)
/diplomacy

vVAnjilaVv
06-09-2010, 06:06 AM
Well, it's there in the release notes for all to read...so if it doesn't get implimented, I'm afraid you'll have to redirect your hunt toward Turbine. ;)
/diplomacy

yeah but....it would be so much easier to take it out on you :D

Melyc'inya
06-09-2010, 06:12 AM
yeah but....it would be so much easier to take it out on you :D

/roll d20
Diplomacy check: You roll 2 (d20)

...Crud.

vVAnjilaVv
06-09-2010, 06:41 AM
/roll d20
Diplomacy check: You roll 2 (d20)

...Crud.

*begins to Ogre Rage*

muhahahahaha

Melyc'inya
06-09-2010, 06:53 AM
*begins to Ogre Rage*

muhahahahaha

........D:
/flee

Maxelcat
06-09-2010, 08:13 AM
........D:
/flee

/Greese

LunaCee
06-09-2010, 08:17 AM
/Greese

Fireballs the grease for pretty, yet ineffective, smoke and flames!

Melyc'inya
06-09-2010, 08:18 AM
/Greese

/roll d20
Reflex save: You roll 1 (d20)
/fall
/sob

Plzdon'tgreasefire. :<

EDIT: Curse you LunaCee~!
/crispy

SisAmethyst
06-11-2010, 06:34 AM
After bug reporting, can you test and see if Mantle of the Worldshaper is giving the same problem?

I don't have Llamaland to do it myself.

To answer this question, yes it affects both, Mantel of the Worldshaper and the Voice of the Master, each of it alone will pull your bonus into 95% negative, together 90% negative bonus.

Ybbald
06-11-2010, 07:00 AM
where are the release notes? I haven't been able to find them

uhgungawa
06-11-2010, 07:05 AM
/cast disco ball
/cast disco ball
/cast disco ball
/cast disco ball
/cast disco ball
/cast solid fog
*LAAAAGGGGGGGGGGgggggggggggggggggggggggg ..............

TPICKRELL
06-11-2010, 07:22 AM
Fireballs the grease for pretty, yet ineffective, smoke and flames!After U5, will be pretty and EFFECTIVE flames,since they are finally making grease do damage when it burns.

vVAnjilaVv
06-11-2010, 07:23 AM
/cast disco ball
/cast disco ball
/cast disco ball
/cast disco ball
/cast disco ball
/cast solid fog
*LAAAAGGGGGGGGGGgggggggggggggggggggggggg ..............

*pouts*

This fight no fair....soon Bruku hear of this and your head decorate our cave!

*continues dancing*

LookingForABentoBox
06-11-2010, 08:00 AM
Will the nerfs never end?!?

LunaCee
06-11-2010, 11:17 AM
After U5, will be pretty and EFFECTIVE flames,since they are finally making grease do damage when it burns.

You need to look around and do some more reading I'm afraid. What I've read on the updated grease isn't terribly pleasing. Once set on fire it doesn't last long (~6 seconds), it only triggers on mobs actually in the fire, it has the same issue with regular grease of a terribly low save, and it cannot be Maximized and Empowered. So it will do at best 20d6 if the grease is cast by a 20th level caster... and the mobs will save for half or no damage over half the time.

Basically you get get better and more effective damage just by casting a firewall even without extend, empower, and maximize even turned on it looks like. Since at 7th level a grease fire would be 6d6 with a reflex save for half and firewall would be 2d6+7, double versus undead, no save and lasts longer. Add in the metamagic and firewall SERIOUSLY pulls ahead. Oh not to mention dancing in your own firewall won't damage you, unlike trying to dance in your fiery oil slick.

Ganolyn
06-11-2010, 11:32 AM
You need to look around and do some more reading I'm afraid. What I've read on the updated grease isn't terribly pleasing. Once set on fire it doesn't last long (~6 seconds), it only triggers on mobs actually in the fire, it has the same issue with regular grease of a terribly low save, and it cannot be Maximized and Empowered. So it will do at best 20d6 if the grease is cast by a 20th level caster... and the mobs will save for half or no damage over half the time.

Basically you get get better and more effective damage just by casting a firewall even without extend, empower, and maximize even turned on it looks like. Since at 7th level a grease fire would be 6d6 with a reflex save for half and firewall would be 2d6+7, double versus undead, no save and lasts longer. Add in the metamagic and firewall SERIOUSLY pulls ahead. Oh not to mention dancing in your own firewall won't damage you, unlike trying to dance in your fiery oil slick.

What I see this as being is a cheap low level Firewall. Cast Grease then Burning Hands or Flaming Sphere and you have a poor man's Firewall assuming those spells set it off.

QuantumFX
06-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Is it affecting the Mantle of the Worldshaper as well?

shadow_419
06-11-2010, 11:41 AM
What I see this as being is a cheap low level Firewall. Cast Grease then Burning Hands or Flaming Sphere and you have a poor man's Firewall assuming those spells set it off.

Burning hands will light it, but it doesn't always light. There is only a chance that the grease will light. Once lit, the grease burns itself out pretty quickly, but everything must make a reflex save against fire dmg if in the lit grease.

Ganolyn
06-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Burning hands will light it, but it doesn't always light. There is only a chance that the grease will light. Once lit, the grease burns itself out pretty quickly, but everything must make a reflex save against fire dmg if in the lit grease.

Do overlaying patches ignite each other or does it treat each grease patch as unique?

shadow_419
06-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Do overlaying patches ignite each other or does it treat each grease patch as unique?

Haven't tried that yet, but each patch has it's chance to light when cast. Meaning if one patch doesn't light on the first try it wont light no matter what. Haven't rally done numbers on how many out of 10 will light and such. Might try that this afternoon.

TiranBlade
06-11-2010, 01:23 PM
If I hadn't copied my main, then wiped him from the server I would be able to tell you, as it stands being a premium I can't get access to Threnal at this time.

SisAmethyst
06-14-2010, 07:28 PM
As finally the Devs admitted that there is a Bug with the Henchments, can we get a Dev please to at least confirm that you are ware of this XP bug too? As the 'known bug' list is updated very irregularly ... I even give out cookies :D

Deaeth
06-14-2010, 08:14 PM
As finally the Devs admitted that there is a Bug with the Henchments, can we get a Dev please to at least confirm that you are ware of this XP bug too? As the 'known bug' list is updated very irregularly ... I even give out cookies :D

Maybe if people stopped derailing this thread with grease fires and kept it to the EXP penalty with VoM and Mantle, then a dev may have taken this thread serious.

If you wanna talk about grease fires, make a new post, there's some out there already.

But yes, last I checked, this bug was still there and there was a nice neg to exp when either of these items are equipped.

Phax
06-14-2010, 08:39 PM

Yep, this one has been fixed.

SisAmethyst
06-14-2010, 08:42 PM

Cool thanks! ... and a cookie :) but don't eat all at once

Sweyn
06-14-2010, 08:50 PM
/roll 1to20
Diplomacy check: You roll 2 (1to20)

...Crud.

Fixed it for ya

Owlschild
06-14-2010, 11:50 PM
I put an xp booster on my lvl one cleric to get her moving right along. Well, the 10% xp boost turned out to be the only xp I got. The actual xp of the quest became a penalty 8(. Did turn in a bug report though.

Nice to know it wasnt just me. 8)

Dylos_Moon
06-15-2010, 01:29 AM

It was bugged with guild xp shrines as well, was that fixed as well?

Osma77
06-16-2010, 12:17 PM
last night in a party (16th, about 11 pm,) the 20% exp potion gotten from 3 medium eberon dragonshards caused my char to get -75% rather then +20. didnt have either of the two exp items (voice, ws) due to low level. nice to know it isnt just me.

Antheal
06-28-2010, 10:12 PM
/roll d20
Reflex save: You roll 1 (d20)
/fall
/sob

Plzdon'tgreasefire. :<

EDIT: Curse you LunaCee~!
/crispy

It was the /crispy that made me LOL IRL.