PDA

View Full Version : The legend of 3 toed tobias has TOO many shrines now.

Chaosprism
06-08-2010, 10:39 PM
It used to just have a hidden shrine, and for newbies thats a bit cruel.

Now we have one in the LOCKin fight.. which is good , that helps newbies a lot.
But now we still have the hidden one and a third shrine near the door to the rest of the dungeon.
BOTH of those last 2 shrines can go, maybe put a rare spawn named skeleton pirate +chest behind the secret panel.

It's very excessive and you obviously got complaints by spoonfed newbies that there was no shrine.

Have you thought about changing the number of shrines for hard and elite? Like solo has extra shrines?

Normal can have it's 2 or 3 shrines, but hard and elite should only have 1.

Hard should be the way it was the mission was "meant" to be. Normal is for those that haven't done it before and casual for those that know their skills or equipment might not be up to the task. Elite for those that want to be challenged.

If newbies are picking HARD and then complaining that they cant do it, it's their fault, it's a lesson they need to learn.

Kalari
06-08-2010, 11:32 PM
After being told to suck it by a guy with a 2006 join date I dont know if its only new players having a hard time. Either way they are aiming to make the game easier whether we wish for hard and elite to stay challenging or not this is the new changes coming and asking for anything else seems to be falling on blank ears. Maybe im just down about other things but its starting to feel more and more pointless to petition for anything to keep this game challenging anymore. I hope someone in charge gets back with you on this definitely would /sign but just dont think it matters no more.

Angelus_dead
06-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Prior to the addition of the excessive shrines, there was a legitimate balance complaint in there:
The regeneration of the boss was not properly reduced by Dungeon Scaling, making him too hard to DPS for a typically poorly-equipped newbie.

I can only imagine that the extra shrines were somehow an attempt to rectify that problem, although they fail completely: there's no time to rest while locked in a room with a self-healing boss.

Chaosprism
06-14-2010, 07:02 AM
You talking about old 3-toe himself?

Or the skeletal cervantes? (where the new shrine is located in the lock in zone gates, not the lock in zone with 3-toe)

Old 3-toe was a mungrel to put down it's true, that may well have been cause to change stuff at the end.

Jay203
06-14-2010, 11:49 AM
there's always been 3 shrines from what i can remember?
one next to the named fight after you surfaced from water for the series of skeleton fight
one behind hidden door
one right in front of the door you're suppose to "unlock" by going down to frozen water to pull two valve o_O