PDA

View Full Version : spell or means to remove rage!

qes
06-08-2010, 12:46 PM
I like DDO, however haveing rage as a aoe type spell is getting really annoying! I can understand that some like it and it has supposed improvements and minus factors however!

I would really like to see a spell created to casters and cleric types can either stop rage from hitting them or to be able to have it removed!

bokaboka
06-08-2010, 12:50 PM
It took me forever to figure out that it was an AoE spell. I'd wonder why I heard people b****in about Rage when I targeted myself. Haha, they'd always find the most hilarious ways to phrase it.

dkyle
06-08-2010, 12:54 PM
/not signed

Because then people would actually cancel it. Which would be foolish, especially on casters and clerics who aren't going to be getting AC worth caring about anyway. And a lot of casters need the extra HP the most.

Ideally, everyone should be raged at all times.

Talon_Moonshadow
06-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Sometimes I get mad for no known reason....and it takes me a few minutes to calm down. Sometimes almost an hour.....like say...40minutes. :cool:

BLAKROC
06-08-2010, 12:56 PM
I like DDO, however haveing rage as a aoe type spell is getting really annoying! I can understand that some like it and it has supposed improvements and minus factors however!

I would really like to see a spell created to casters and cleric types can either stop rage from hitting them or to be able to have it removed!

what's not to like, +2 to str and +2 to con is always helpful and if your worried about the -2 to ac then it's time to rethink your build.............

Rauven
06-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Sometimes I get mad for no known reason....and it takes me a few minutes to calm down. Sometimes almost an hour.....like say...40minutes. :cool:

Look into some anger management, fast, if it takes you 40 minutes to calm down. One of these days you're going to blow a gasket, which would be really bad if you're warforged. :D

Ganolyn
06-08-2010, 03:01 PM
what's not to like, +2 to str and +2 to con is always helpful and if your worried about the -2 to ac then it's time to rethink your build.............

Then why am I wasting SP giving people Barkskin that they apparently don't need but ask for anyway?

Lithic
06-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Then why am I wasting SP giving people Barkskin that they apparently don't need but ask for anyway?

They ask for it to counteract the loss of AC due to rage :D

Ganolyn
06-08-2010, 03:22 PM
They ask for it to counteract the loss of AC due to rage :D

Well if they can't live without the AC boost from Barkskin maybe its time to rethink their build... :p

Dark_Uncle72
06-08-2010, 03:27 PM
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff294/virualt/Fail%20pics/633922322646798225-Berserk.jpg :D:D

Phidius
06-08-2010, 03:35 PM

In general, I've found it easier to just give someone the buff that they ask for rather than argue with them about the benefit they may or may not be getting from it.

Either they know what they are doing, or they do not. If they're clueless people who are resistant to learning new things, they won't be running with me for much longer anyway :D

dkyle
06-08-2010, 03:38 PM

For one, many people overvalue AC. For another, 5 AC is a lot more than 2. Furthermore the cost of 2 AC comes with very nice benefits, whereas not having Barkskin saves a tiny amount sp that you probably aren't going to use anyway. Considering that a lot rangers spam Barkskin on everyone in a raid whether they ask or not, that sp is hardly an issue.

Basically, plan AC assuming rage and barkskin pots, and hope for a full barkskin when it's available; in raids, it usually is.

Ganolyn
06-08-2010, 03:50 PM
For one, many people overvalue AC. For another, 5 AC is a lot more than 2. Furthermore the cost of 2 AC comes with very nice benefits, whereas not having Barkskin saves a tiny amount sp that you probably aren't going to use anyway. Considering that a lot rangers spam Barkskin on everyone in a raid whether they ask or not, that sp is hardly an issue.

Basically, plan AC assuming rage and barkskin pots, and hope for a full barkskin when it's available; in raids, it usually is.

90-180 SP isn't tiny to any ranger and those SP could be used to help the cleric heal a little too. But, we digress...

The OP's point is no one should be saddled with anything they don't want or need. I was being a bit silly in pointing out the see-saw that occurs during some buffing sessions. I've had casters cast every elemental protection you can think of on the party in quests where there is no elemental damage, then complain that they are running low on SP.

dasein18
06-08-2010, 03:53 PM

Bingo.

qes
06-08-2010, 06:49 PM
let me digress like most have in thread.
a pally with 500 hp plus and a decent ac gets rage and gets nothing to speak of from being raged, at least mine do not. (note these pally's are on average level 17)

now flashing to cleric types and caster types contrary to some people's thoughts rage is not a welcome thing to at least some of us!
a simple request to party if they use/cast rage to let it be known so one can get out of way, i would think and hope is being courtious, it would not stop the people who like rage, it would also save those of us who do not desire rage what so ever to not be cast on our toons!
however some people seem to think either it is funny and it is great to be rude and ruin others source of fun as in ddo, by casting rage.

and yes i do value the 2 ac i loose from haveing rage, also the pitiful amount of hp given by rage is definately not worth the effort!

so now i get back to request and or input about trying to get something in place for those of us who do not want rage to be either blocked or to remove it from ourselves.

DoctorWhofan
06-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Grrr... ANGRY CLERIC!

:D

Is it that important? I mean, it doesn't stop me from casting so I don't care. My AC is so bad the negatives don't matter.

Lorien_the_First_One
06-08-2010, 06:51 PM
a pally with 500 hp plus and a decent ac gets rage and gets nothing to speak of from being raged, at least mine do not. (note these pally's are on average level 17)

You really don't understand the game if you think that is the case. Rage adds to HP, and damage. You don't like damage? Especial precrit multipliable damage?

lord_of_rage
06-08-2010, 07:05 PM

now flashing to cleric types and caster types contrary to some people's thoughts rage is not a welcome thing to at least some of us!
a simple request to party if they use/cast rage to let it be known so one can get out of way, i would think and hope is being courtious, it would not stop the people who like rage, it would also save those of us who do not desire rage what so ever to not be cast on our toons!
however some people seem to think either it is funny and it is great to be rude and ruin others source of fun as in ddo, by casting rage.

and yes i do value the 2 ac i loose from haveing rage, also the pitiful amount of hp given by rage is definately not worth the effort!

so now i get back to request and or input about trying to get something in place for those of us who do not want rage to be either blocked or to remove it from ourselves.

You sir obviously dont know much about the game or paladins. You are telling me your paladin has a decent ac at lvl17. So Im assuming a 50+ selfbuffed. Thats still not a huge ac. You need a 55+ in the shroud on norm to really avoid most hits. If you are really missing the 2 AC you need to work on your ac gear. You mean to tell me the + to dmg and 18 hp dont do anything for you?. I have an ac dos pally. He carries his own rage pots. Lets think shroud pt1 rage makes portals die faster. Oh wait more dmg makes anything die faster. Its not rude it makes the group more effective.

BattleCircle
06-08-2010, 07:16 PM
There is not a build that cannot benefit from rage.

If -2 is going to hurt your AC so much that you can't survive, then you aren't going to survive anyway.

But I can GUARANTEE that the bonus to strength and con will help you, and your party survive.

I just wish my baby ranger could cast rage----- 30 strength at level 8? that would be soooo sweet. Oh well, there's always pots :D

Edit: Oh yeah, Rangers are not Bowmen. That is not their main focus.

DoctorWhofan
06-08-2010, 07:20 PM
There is not a build that cannot benefit from rage.

BOy that non-profiency Greatsword my cleric swings on the portals in Shroud Part 1 is so much more damage with Rage....grrrrrrr!

Seriously. Really good spell.

sirgog
06-08-2010, 09:53 PM
If a party member has Evasion, a 28+ Reflex save and an AC of 69, 70, 71 or 72, casting Rage on them in Shroud part 4/5 normal is the single thing you can do (other than Dispelling them) that is most likely to cause them to die. They will take around twice as much damage from Harry's melee attacks (particularly on exactly 71, where they will take almost three times the damage).

Kalari
06-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Okay okay forgive my snark or dont I dont care at this point a little drunk so im laughing my ass off at this thread.

First you have the OP who thinks casters and Clerics dont want rage.. so extra hit points is bad? Rage the spell doesnt stop your casting so Im trying to see what the down side of having it put on you is? If your a monk/mage monk/cleric maybe if your worried about your ac on such builds but if your just a plain old arcane or divine what the hell is the problem?

Then what really made me stop double over was the person who thinks the ranger should use their spell points helping with healing. My best ranger has 587 sp good for helping with buffs which is a more then fair contribution. Any healing spells are used to top myself off if I do something to take too much damage or help an incap person but I hardly doubt id have room to take enhancements to make my heals do much of anything besides tickle a player. Man alive this thread is full of advice from players who havent really played long enough to know a thing but will make a thread about it and showcase their knowledge. I dont care if im snarky at this point but man alive people seriously play a few classes before posting.

Ganolyn
06-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Then what really made me stop double over was the person who thinks the ranger should use their spell points helping with healing. My best ranger has 587 sp good for helping with buffs which is a more then fair contribution. Any healing spells are used to top myself off if I do something to take too much damage or help an incap person...

Doing what you described (topping myself off or keeping someone alive in a pinch) is what I meant by helping. Thank you for your contribution. It will certainly be given all the consideration it deserves.

I certainly like the complete hypocrisy of this post compared to this one below. I'll remember to weigh opinions from you closely in the future.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=253161

Kalari
06-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Doing what you described (topping myself off or keeping someone alive in a pinch) is what I meant by helping. Thank you for your contribution. It will certainly be given all the consideration it deserves.

I certainly like the complete hypocrisy of this post compared to this one below. I'll remember to weigh opinions from you closely in the future.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=253161

Honestly I dont care anymore if you read further in that thread many have their reasons to tell others how to play nothing in this game matters honestly. You play you conform and hope it keeps you interested long enough then it stops being fun and you move on. So yes I laugh at the thought of rangers healing even with healing rangers in my guild who can tell you they take flack to giving up enhancements towards damage which is what many of us thought they wanted us to do yet thats being nerfed to seems all that mattered. Now honestly nothing matters nothing at all.

Ganolyn
06-08-2010, 11:31 PM
Honestly I dont care anymore if you read further in that thread many have their reasons to tell others how to play nothing in this game matters honestly. You play you conform and hope it keeps you interested long enough then it stops being fun and you move on. So yes I laugh at the thought of rangers healing even with healing rangers in my guild who can tell you they take flack to giving up enhancements towards damage which is what many of us thought they wanted us to do yet thats being nerfed to seems all that mattered. Now honestly nothing matters nothing at all.

Ummm, wow. I sure don't know you and you don't know me, but it sounds like you need step back and get a little perspective. Games are meant to be fun. If you find that your investment to them is this wrenching when a change occurs I suggest a life survey of some sort.

Kalari
06-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Ummm, wow. I sure don't know you and you don't know me, but it sounds like you need step back and get a little perspective. Games are meant to be fun. If you find that your investment to them is this wrenching when a change occurs I suggest a life survey of some sort.

Trust me the game is still fun when the update drops and it becomes unfun or as unfun as I think since even the stuff I planned to look forward to sounds bork I wont be around much longer then you and everyone else who enjoys the game wont worry about people like me saddening up the place K? Either way people should just ask who wants rage simple polite and keeps those people who dont want it from making a thread about people wanting a spell to dismiss rage.

qes
06-09-2010, 08:14 AM
I am not even going to get going in my thoughts about haveing to be in a quest series just to craft!
So sad that has to happen!

The biggest thing I am driveing at here is that when a person ask to be informed if and when (ugh) rage is being cast, to say that rage is being cast, that way those of us that do not want rage cast on them can get out of the way.
Or in the case of people being dis-courtieous or thinking it is funny to cast rage, to be able to stop rage or dis-spell it.

Yes as a courtesy my clerics have not for a while, just cast buff's on party. I do state to party that cleric is going to be casting buff's, and wait a couple of seconds, then cast buff's.

To bad madstone rod's only work on madstone rage. That might have been the answer to my question. Hmm that would be of use to the madstone rod, instead of madstone rod it could be called a rage staff?

Lorien_the_First_One
06-09-2010, 08:18 AM
If a party member has Evasion, a 28+ Reflex save and an AC of 69, 70, 71 or 72, casting Rage on them in Shroud part 4/5 normal is the single thing you can do (other than Dispelling them) that is most likely to cause them to die. They will take around twice as much damage from Harry's melee attacks (particularly on exactly 71, where they will take almost three times the damage).

Bet you 1000 plat the OP is not talking about a 69+AC character.

Not sure how evasion and reflex save matter since rage doesn't impact that.

LunaCee
06-09-2010, 08:35 AM
Bet you 1000 plat the OP is not talking about a 69+AC character.

Not sure how evasion and reflex save matter since rage doesn't impact that.

Willing to bet that was included because otherwise even with a sky high AC they would be getting hit by Meteor Storm casts. But combine the two and a lot of damage they would otherwise take doesn't hit.

Jiipster
06-09-2010, 08:38 AM
I am not even going to get going in my thoughts about haveing to be in a quest series just to craft!
So sad that has to happen!

The biggest thing I am driveing at here is that when a person ask to be informed if and when (ugh) rage is being cast, to say that rage is being cast, that way those of us that do not want rage cast on them can get out of the way.
Or in the case of people being dis-courtieous or thinking it is funny to cast rage, to be able to stop rage or dis-spell it.

Yes as a courtesy my clerics have not for a while, just cast buff's on party. I do state to party that cleric is going to be casting buff's, and wait a couple of seconds, then cast buff's.

To bad madstone rod's only work on madstone rage. That might have been the answer to my question. Hmm that would be of use to the madstone rod, instead of madstone rod it could be called a rage staff?

But why don't you want rage? 20 HP is 20 HP, it doesn't interfere with spellcasting...

Ganolyn
06-09-2010, 08:46 AM
But why don't you want rage? 20 HP is 20 HP, it doesn't interfere with spellcasting...

Not all quests are run on level 20 Epic.

Getting an extra 20 HP to keep you alive = good

Getting a high enough AC not to get hit at all = priceless

Tarnoc
06-09-2010, 08:46 AM
so this is funny.....the only time and i mean only time rage should be a mild concern is ona intim tank ina situation were its gonna intim.....

i think the op should be lucky hes getting buffs....if i was in group with you and you asked my bard for buffs ie gh blur displacement and haste and whined about rage....

easy ide dispell you and let you use your own buffs strictly.....

as for casters and arcanes well really they should want rage especially in lower lvl stuff were thier is no FOM but lotsa webs ie str = breaking out and hps is hps....

so lets see ona last note....why do you need gh for then?if you dont need +1 to hit and damage why should anyone cast gh

Veriden
06-09-2010, 10:02 AM
And for us non-power gamers who play a character with personality rage breaks the calm monk. I personally despise that rage is an AoE spell because it does not fit my character's personality to be raged all the time.

KillEveryone
06-09-2010, 10:18 AM

This is what I wonder all the time.

On my caster someone will barkskin me. Even on my bard where I wear a robe someone will still barkskin me.

My AC is worthless on most of my characters and even on my fighter I still need equipment for some decent AC so I wear a robe there also but someone will still cast barkskin on me.

I have wondered if I was missing something because as far as I know barkskin only gives + to your AC and nothing else.

Pyromaniac
06-09-2010, 06:30 PM
/signed. No rage for my AC build please

BattleCircle
06-09-2010, 06:36 PM
In case nobody realized it, my last post was tongue in cheek.

Any good caster or bard will announce rage before casting it. If they don't announce it, crawl their a$$!

No don't do that respectfully request they don't cast again without a warning.

Then crawl their a$$ :D

SaIamander
06-09-2010, 07:02 PM
This is what I wonder all the time.

On my caster someone will barkskin me. Even on my bard where I wear a robe someone will still barkskin me.

My AC is worthless on most of my characters and even on my fighter I still need equipment for some decent AC so I wear a robe there also but someone will still cast barkskin on me.

I have wondered if I was missing something because as far as I know barkskin only gives + to your AC and nothing else.

Personally on my ranger i do all my necessary buffing including the people who may benefit from a bark. Then I look around and if anyone is wearing an outfit i dont like....i bark them too. SP be damned!

Hecore
06-09-2010, 07:32 PM
If your tank build has high enough AC that they can afford to lose two points then Rage is still an excellent spell, even if you're just intimidating. After all, 20 more hp is a nice boost to any class.

Ayseifn
06-09-2010, 09:09 PM
I wish I could get rage on my intimtank, but sadly defender stance removes it. :(

Sweyn
06-09-2010, 09:22 PM

This statement infers that casters want to prevent rage from hitting them, but really, you would want it on you 100% of the time. I can only think of <1% of caster builds where AC matters..

Not really. Sometimes, you don't always have all the gear you need. Even if you have the Uberest build ever, you don't automatically get the gear to have a high ac. Or, there are some builds with AC high enough for some raid mobs only with a pally or a bard song ect; their AC is borderline, they don't have room to suffer from -2

Sometimes when i take my ranger in ToD, i will offer to tank sulo. With a recitation, pally, and bard song, I can tank without getting hit, but the AC is right on the border. If we do not have a bard, i can really tell with that -4 AC from the song, it might not be that bad, but if you add another -2 on top of that, well there goes your untouchable ac.

So actually, it is not your build at all that you need to rethink, sometimes in some situations, everyone doesn't have the highest AC and -2 will hurt them.

The thing about this game is that it isn't a cookie cutter game. You can't just say "If -2 ac hurts your toon, you need to re-roll." There are a lot of situational things where certain buffs in one situation are helpful, where the same buffs in another don't help all too much.

ninjaeli
06-09-2010, 09:30 PM
rage -2 AC
Haste +1 to AC
=-1 AC
if your really worried about your base 65 AC being 64.. get over it extra HP!!!!!!

ElfedLied4
06-09-2010, 09:50 PM

I'm wondering in what situations a cleric's buffs would be unwanted. I can understand letting the cleric conserve mana if you have an item that mimics a spell. i.e. Ask to not get Fire Resist cast on you if you have an FR 30 item, but that's just to save mana. I can't think of a situation where I would say, "Don't cast Aid on me!" I just don't see the reason for your 'courtesy'.

Sweyn
06-09-2010, 09:50 PM
rage -2 AC
Haste +1 to AC
=-1 AC
if your really worried about your base 65 AC being 64.. get over it extra HP!!!!!!

Actually, you're gonna have haste no matter what, so you can't only subtract 1. And also, it's not only about HP.. take Sulo for instance. My ranger can get 600+ HP, but still i sometimes will not want rage. Sulo will sometimes curse you and make you immune to healing, and having that 2 ac might make the difference.. Sure a curse pot and a heal scroll will fix it, but again, the extra HP/STR pretty much gives hardly anything, while making you get hit more and be immune to healing.

Now granted, on my ranger i will want rage 95% of the time, in no way am i against the spell, however for that 5% of the time, i do not want it and it will not help me anymore than it will hurt me. It's funny how people always say, -2 AC is nothing!! Stop crying! But the people who say that are the ones who know nothing about AC, and know nothing about how the system works.

Looking at your characters, it is obvious you don't have an endgame toon capable of reaching meaningfull AC, so no, i will not get over it