PDA

View Full Version : Making completionist more worthwhile?

Quarterling
06-07-2010, 08:55 PM
So after TR'ing your character at least eleven times, you should have access to the completionist feat (if that's what you were going for). However, I find it that forcing a player to give up a feat for completionist can mess up some builds, or severely weaken their overall potential. On top of that, once Turbine adds a new class, the feat will deactivate, making your toon have one less feat until you get it switched out by Fred (rather annoying).

So would it be too much to ask for the feat to be free? I do understand if not though, because a +2 to all stats and all skills is quite a hefty bonus, so what are your thoughts?

Lithic
06-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Assuming it works as advertised, the feat itself is quite good enough as is. There are few other feats that give you all of the following:
+1 to hit/damage (regardless of being finesse or not)
+20hp @ lvl 20
+1 to all saves
+3 to all skills
+1 AC

The problem lies more in the past lives. Almost half your past lives are worthless, or nearly so, if you are a pure melee, or a pure caster charcter. What does a 20th level fighter care about bonus spell points, higher spell DC, or spell penetration? Why does a sorcerer care about +1 to hit, +1 to damage, or +1 to sneak attack?

IMO, they should allow every past life to give +1 build points. That would make every past life worth while for every build. Considering it would take 8.8million xp to get at best a +1 modifier in a tertiary stat, thats not overpowered IMO. Then again, I am admitedly biased heh.

Doxmaster
06-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Why isnt it free? Kinda curious...

Spisey
06-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Why does a sorcerer care about +1 to hit, +1 to damage, or +1 to sneak attack?

Blasphemy!!!!

HumanJHawkins
06-08-2010, 01:01 PM
So after TR'ing your character at least eleven times, you should have access to the completionist feat (if that's what you were going for). However, I find it that forcing a player to give up a feat for completionist can mess up some builds, or severely weaken their overall potential. On top of that, once Turbine adds a new class, the feat will deactivate, making your toon have one less feat until you get it switched out by Fred (rather annoying).

So would it be too much to ask for the feat to be free? I do understand if not though, because a +2 to all stats and all skills is quite a hefty bonus, so what are your thoughts?

I think you are missing the point... The point of completionist is, "You won." I mean, what do you want? You won the game. It's over. You should start a new toon.

They could give you a free feat that let you dual wield Epic Swords of Shadow, and have transmuting of greater everything bane added to it. This would be a fitting reward. The only problem is that it would make it no fun to play because there would be no challenge anymore.

I know you are not asking for an easy button, and I don't mean to offend. I'm just saying that I don't think it's really meant to be a feat that is actually played much.