PDA

View Full Version : Light spell and torches

shagath
06-07-2010, 07:51 AM
I know it's not too essential spell to have but carried light sources add quite a bit of atmosphere. I've been missing light spell since I started playing this. Torches for non-casters.

I want it and I want it now!

Otherworld
06-07-2010, 08:00 AM
They wouldn't really add something gameplaywise as the different visions haven't been implemented.

But for flavour, they'd be quite cool.

Rakian_Knight
06-07-2010, 07:13 PM
This is one of the main reasons rainbow in the dark is either hated by non-pnp players and loved by pnp players because it reflects this classic Dungeons and Dragons feel with someone carrying a torch. I would love to see more quest like this one that make you use a light sorce.

However, if you wanted to add it like it is in Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 you would also have to add darkvision/low-light vision to several character races. Also if you were thinking about adding the light spell would you make it like 3.5 where it would cost sp to use it (a 0 level spell slot) or would you make it more like 4th edition where it is an at-will ability?

Again just my thoughts

~Rakian_Knights

DoctorWhofan
06-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Rainbow in the dark like quests? Hmmmm....

zorander6
06-07-2010, 07:29 PM
I know it's not too essential spell to have but carried light sources add quite a bit of atmosphere. I've been missing light spell since I started playing this. Torches for non-casters.

I want it and I want it now!

Sorry but I couldn't resist http://theliquidbetsy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/brat.jpg

Kinda meh on the idea but honestly a level 1 spell even wouldn't be that bad. Buying torches would be a pain though unless they were stackable.

Just my opinions

shagath
06-08-2010, 12:55 AM
I like rainbow in the dark myself. I know how hard it is to fit if you want the whole scale(darkvision/low-light vision and perhaps even darkness spell for drows not even mentioning about spell being lvl0 with later rules). I wasn't saying it should be required for any quests to have that a torch or light spell. Only that it would be cool addition for the atmosphere if you COULD have more light. :)

I like the picture. ;)