PDA

View Full Version : heals and buffs

Miahoo
06-07-2010, 02:18 AM
heya,
a question about clerics.

killing enemies is easy - even cast spell on an enemie - u only need to target it and press a a spell.
anyway, i find it trickey to heal and buff my teamates. i cant just target them (in this case i cast heals on myself), but i have to right click on them - and only then click the spell.

so the question is: am i doing something wrong? or is it realy that hard and trickey to cast heals and buffs on teamates?

Thanks.

Demeron
06-07-2010, 02:24 AM
Hey Mate, try to use The F Key`s F1 F2 F3......if u did not change basic set up for Key`s it should choose Party mates F1 the first in list F2 the second one and so on.... And maybe Disabel auto Target ( thin hit G in Game )

Nother way to do it is Click left on the Member in the Party list.

Antheal
06-07-2010, 02:31 AM
What I do is click on their names in the party name list in the top left corner of the screen, under the minimap. This makes it much easier to select the person who's red bar is the lowest no matter how many monsters and other party members are surrounding them.

You can also click on F1 (you) to F5 depending on how many people are in your party, to select them that way too. You can also CTRL+(hotbar number) to highlight the hotbar that has your spells in it, and just press the number of the spell you want to cast instead of needing to click on the spell icon.

Miahoo
06-07-2010, 02:32 AM
Hey Mate, try to use The F Key`s F1 F2 F3......if u did not change basic set up for Key`s it should choose Party mates F1 the first in list F2 the second one and so on.... And maybe Disabel auto Target ( thin hit G in Game )

Nother way to do it is Click left on the Member in the Party list.

didnt know the F's :o i'll try it!
disable auto target didnt help. and even when the target stays, it wont buff until it selected (i guess the different is between "targeted" and "selected").
i'll try the member list too. i hope this will work since its very useful when u wanna heal low-health ppls :)

Thanks for the advices!

Edit:
Thanks Antheal, i'll use the party list :)

Folonius
06-07-2010, 02:43 AM
heya,
a question about clerics.

killing enemies is easy - even cast spell on an enemie - u only need to target it and press a a spell.
anyway, i find it trickey to heal and buff my teamates. i cant just target them (in this case i cast heals on myself), but i have to right click on them - and only then click the spell.

so the question is: am i doing something wrong? or is it realy that hard and trickey to cast heals and buffs on teamates?

Thanks.

As already stated, you can use the F1-F12 keys. You can rebind the F1-F6 keys (which I have done) to the numpad.
Numpad1 -> yourself
Numpad2 -> party member 1
numpad3 -> parter member 2
numpad4-> party member 3
numpad5 -> party member 4
numpad6 -> party member 5

You can also make hotkeys for bars 1-10. I took bar 10, threw some spells in it, and then hotkeyed those spells to the numpad as well.
Numpad0 -> Cure light
Numpad del -> Cure serious
Numpad Enter -> Close Wounds (This is good at low levels)
Numpad+ -> Heal
Numpad- -> Remove Curse
Numpad/ -> Remove Paralysis
Numpad* -> Pancea

I also have Cure Light Mass in the first slot of the active bar, Cure Crit in the second slot, and Mass Heal in the third. I have greater restore in the fourth slot of the active bar and a stack of 100 heal scrolls in the 5th. When I need to go full bore healing, I hold down the shift key to shield block, and fire off spells as needed while cycling through party members on the numpad and healing them with my right, and use mass heals with the left. It works well in a 6 party environment, but when you get into raids, there will most likly be some clicking.

I suggest you mess around with the keybindings, and find something you are comfortable with, and then stick with it.

Hope this helped!

Miahoo
06-07-2010, 03:55 AM
As already stated, you can use the F1-F12 keys. You can rebind the F1-F6 keys (which I have done) to the numpad.
Numpad1 -> yourself
Numpad2 -> party member 1
numpad3 -> parter member 2
numpad4-> party member 3
numpad5 -> party member 4
numpad6 -> party member 5

You can also make hotkeys for bars 1-10. I took bar 10, threw some spells in it, and then hotkeyed those spells to the numpad as well.
Numpad0 -> Cure light
Numpad del -> Cure serious
Numpad Enter -> Close Wounds (This is good at low levels)
Numpad+ -> Heal
Numpad- -> Remove Curse
Numpad/ -> Remove Paralysis
Numpad* -> Pancea

I also have Cure Light Mass in the first slot of the active bar, Cure Crit in the second slot, and Mass Heal in the third. I have greater restore in the fourth slot of the active bar and a stack of 100 heal scrolls in the 5th. When I need to go full bore healing, I hold down the shift key to shield block, and fire off spells as needed while cycling through party members on the numpad and healing them with my right, and use mass heals with the left. It works well in a 6 party environment, but when you get into raids, there will most likly be some clicking.

I suggest you mess around with the keybindings, and find something you are comfortable with, and then stick with it.

Hope this helped!

:eek:

Shumanfoo
06-07-2010, 07:25 AM
You can left-click on the party list to select them. Also, make sure you aren't trying to cast a self-only buff. It won't matter who you have as a target, a self spell will cast on you...just making sure.

Edit: For key spells, keep them in easy reach on the hot-bar. I put my heals on slots 1-3 for example.