PDA

View Full Version : Prefix/Suffix

~STERLIN1
06-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Where did this concept come from and why is it still in effect? First I will cut off the trolls and add (unnecessarily) that I am referring to the loot generator system that rolls(apparently) from column A and column B to determine item abilities. i.e +2 "keen" long sword of "pure good". The system from which this was derived had no such stipulation and I see no reason to have it here. You could have a +1 flaming burst shocking burst icy burst weapon if you so chose. The mechanics provide the balance for this already as that surely(it's +7 btw) isn't inherently superior to a +1 ghost touch long sword of vorpal... It would not be terribly difficult to do either. Instead or rolling one from column a and one from b and adding the remainder of the points to weapon pluses(presumably the current system) just put them all on the same list with the ones carrying greater pluses toward the bottom and roll multiple times until the correct lvl of gear is obtained...its a computer it shouldnt take long..for example this chest will generate a +7 mellee weapon +1 base..+6 remain roll one thundering(+1), roll two +1 (+1), roll three holy (+2), roll 4 flaming (+1), roll 5 +1(+1). Result is a +3 holy flaming thundering long sword(assuming long sword) Not broken and not complicated....so how bout it? Oh, and for those who just don't quite get it +1 to weapons chants would be on the generator with all items on the list having a feature to invalidate further results of that type...assuming that is necessary. I assume it would be considered so though I have seen multiple flaming applied to the same weapon...say three for +3d6 fire produced by WoC themselves but I'd be plenty happy with just the expanded less static loot table....Were it tabletop I would simply have hired a mage instead of rooting through 10,000 chest till I found the one I wanted...crafting improvements would be great to but give this little bit. :)

DoctorWhofan
06-06-2010, 06:45 PM
I belive it is 3.5 naming of weapons. Personally, I see nothing wrong with it, and it stops items for getting the same, like vorpal of vorpal, which would be a waste.

osirisisis
06-07-2010, 01:27 AM
/signed

I can't agree more. Just the new variety that would be added to the random loot table would help dramatically. I talked about this here (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=248569) in this post #31