PDA

View Full Version : Will bastard sword be viable for a melee capable cleric in Update 5?

jsaving
06-05-2010, 09:46 PM
My sword-and-board cleric follows the "melee capable" template from Sirgog's excellent catalogue. I elected not to splash fighter (stayed pure) and instead burned a feat on an exotic weapon, which up to this point has been khopesh. But I'm intrigued by the forthcoming changes to bastard swords that will make them act in some respects like two-handed weapons even when wielded by a sword-and-boarder.

My question is whether the bastard sword will be a viable weapon for melee capable clerics in Update 5. This isn't a question I've seen discussed elsewhere, and I'm hoping some of you with more experience can comment on this.

DToNE
06-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Viable, yes, but only in situations where you get surrounded. Being surrounded as a cleric isn't exactly the best idea, but it'd be pretty nifty if you cometfall prone them all and whack away with the sword to gain glancing blows (in which case Blade Barrier might be better).

Still, it's a matter of taste. To have flavor or be closer to cookie cutter. If it matches to who you are, you'll love it to death.