PDA

View Full Version : Buff to Heal and Repair Skills

nicro
06-05-2010, 05:41 PM
I would like to see the Heal skill given a 1% Healing Amp bonus per point and the Repair skill give a 1% bonus to repair amp per point. Maybe then people would actually take these currently useless skills.

samthedagger
06-05-2010, 05:49 PM
They are not "useless." For getting an ally who has fallen to negatives up, yea, it doesn't really happen very often, but for getting extra hp when resting, it comes up all the time. It's not really necessary to invest a lot of points into it, but when at a shrine while playing a cleric, I let everyone rest before healing them, and with extra ranks of Heal, it means people are usually healed to full without me needing to spend mana. That leaves me with extra mana to buff people before I rest myself.

So yeah, the relative benefit of Heal/Repair makes them of secondary, even tertiary importance. But they are still useful.

Zombiekenny
06-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Once you pass any decent number of hitpoints, then the heal spell will be entirelly insignificant, even when its maxed out.

coolpenguin410
06-06-2010, 07:59 AM
I think the Repair skills should function like Haggle when repairing equipment at a vendor. Just to represent that since you know how to fix your equipment, it shouldn't cost as much to repair.

azrael4h
06-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Once you pass any decent number of hitpoints, then the heal spell will be entirelly insignificant, even when its maxed out.

I think you mean the heal skill, as the heal spell is never insignificant, at least as a single target heal.