PDA

View Full Version : Show dispelled buffs in a unique way

Sarezar
06-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Since..well, forever, I had issues with dispel mostly because it's hard to quickly identify which spells were dispelled. Combat log helps a bit, but only if it's not spammed with something else, and only if you have the time to look at it whilst fighting. The buff icons on the top right help a bit in the same way, as you'd need to go through the whole row to find which spells were dispelled.

As you've already created a way to display buffs overhead when they are cast, I was hoping you can show the dispelled ones in a similar way. Maybe a 30 second display of their icons right underneath the buff row (so, next to "not centered" "not proficient" etc row) or the names of the spells could show overhead for a second and then move to the side of the screen where they'd stay for 10-20, maybe 30 seconds. I don't really mind how they are displayed, as long as it gives me sometime to have a look at them and recast them (clarification: in a very obvious way, as it's not obvious now).

Icons are a secondary choice, as some are very similar. Sonic resist, Electricity resist, and Death ward for example are not always easy to distinguish (high resolution, different lighting conditions, etc)

At first, it would be nice to have this for your own buffs. Even if someone else cast them on you, you can check the list and ask for them to be recast on you. Seeing myself what buffs had the rest of the players dispelled from them is not something that I think is important (like I said, they can ask for rebuff).

Thanks

samthedagger
06-05-2010, 06:06 PM
As you've already created a way to display buffs overhead when they are cast, I was hoping you can show the dispelled ones in a similar way. Maybe a 30 second display of their icons right underneath the buff row (so, next to "not centered" "not proficient" etc row) or the names of the spells could show overhead for a second and then move to the side of the screen where they'd stay for 10-20, maybe 30 seconds. I don't really mind how they are displayed, as long as it gives me sometime to have a look at them and recast them (clarification: in a very obvious way, as it's not obvious now).

This is actually a pretty good suggestion. I don't know if it needs to be there for 30 seconds. Maybe something like a red outline on the dispelled buffs for 10 seconds or a giant red X over the buff for a similar duration. That way it is easier to know which buffs to get back up and do so fairly quickly.