PDA

View Full Version : AH search?

Razcar
06-04-2010, 10:33 AM
What happened to the AH search? Wasn't it supposed to come in this update?

MustangMan94
06-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Can't remember were the post was at but the string AH search isn't going to show for 1-2 updates at the least.

Eladiun
06-04-2010, 01:38 PM
What happened to the AH search? Wasn't it supposed to come in this update?

I thought so too...from the Fernando interview.

Kraki
06-04-2010, 01:45 PM
The interview with Mr. Paiz is here

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=22372&storypage=3

The question was :
ZAM: What can you tell us about future plans and things that are coming down the road?
Mid and long term goals?

The response contained
In addition, we’re definitely taking some time to get to some old player requests and
polish touches as well. For example, we’re introducing the “Auction Search” functionality,
which is my favorite feature that we’re finally getting done. It’s basically a text search
for the auctions, and it’s *finally* getting done.

The reference is Update 6+ through the end of the year.

Eladiun
06-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Thanks I guess it was just wishful thinking.

Kraki
06-04-2010, 01:51 PM
While it has been a *very* long time coming, I can't fault them for not delivering something yet that they have said is slated for the future.

I will say that "Version 1.0" of the AH has been in production for far too long without update.

Lorien_the_First_One
06-04-2010, 01:53 PM
While it has been a *very* long time coming, I can't fault them for not delivering something yet that they have said is slated for the future.

I will say that "Version 1.0" of the AH has been in production for far too long without update.

Naw this is 2.0.

But its wasn't that much better than 1.0 lol

Kraki
06-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Naw this is 2.0.

But its wasn't that much better than 1.0 lol

Ok...1.1 then? I don't know that I'd count the font changes (heh or addition of handwraps to the list) as a new major revision.

Of course I could be experience early onset Altzheimers and forgetting the first release.

/thinks for a bit
Hmmmm, yep I've apparently forgotten. I do remember double-sided axes in the list for a while though.

Oh well maybe those brain cells are actually doing some work (yeah RIGHT).

MustangMan94
06-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Not yet! I'm told that is slated for the next update or two (I don't have specific update number at this time, but all chatter around the office points to sooner rather than later because it's a handy feature unless they run into some crazy horrific hydra headed problem of some kind.)

Here's the quote from Tolero, it was very briefly discussed in the anouncement section under the update 5 post.

Razcar
06-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks guys.