PDA

View Full Version : no two weapon fighting?

lubu195
06-04-2010, 12:41 AM
i cant figure out why when i level up my rogue the two weapon fighting thing is grayed out and in red it says DEX:15 im guessing that means i need 15 dex but my dex is 17 so i don't get why i cant grab it. So im wondering if i could of did something that makes me not able to get it or what?

yams
06-04-2010, 12:45 AM
Your base DEX needs to be 15 to take that feat. On your character sheet (default c), mouse over your DEX score. My guess is it will say 14 Base 3 Enchanment.

Alopikal
06-04-2010, 12:46 AM
"As always with feats: enhancements to ability scores (str, dex, etc), items, and spells do NOT count toward the prerequisites for feats. Only base ability scores, bonus ability points from leveling, and tomes (inherent bonus) count toward feat prerequisites. "

http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Feat:Two_Weapon_Fighting

Emili
06-04-2010, 12:49 AM
i cant figure out why when i level up my rogue the two weapon fighting thing is grayed out and in red it says DEX:15 im guessing that means i need 15 dex but my dex is 17 so i don't get why i cant grab it. So im wondering if i could of did something that makes me not able to get it or what?
Only base ability score plus bonus ability points from leveling, and tomes (inherent bonus) are exceptable for feat pre-reqs... Enhancements and item bonus' and spells do not count. The rule of thumb is if it may be removed - a temporary ability boost - it does not count... Items may be swaped and DDO enhancements are viewed as temporary as such as likewise. - So only base DnD rule apply toward the feats.

lubu195
06-04-2010, 01:14 AM
thx ya my base is 14 that's a bummer

Hobgoblin
06-04-2010, 01:16 AM
thx ya my base is 14 that's a bummer

on the up side +1 dex tomes arnt that expensive.

hob

Shumanfoo
06-04-2010, 07:06 AM
on the up side +1 dex tomes arnt that expensive.

hob

But then again he'll need a +3 or have to put ability points into dex to get the improved and greater TWF.

Might I ask what you are planning to do with your rogue or what your starting stats are? You may want to re-make a new character now that you understand how some of the feat requirements work.

lubu195
06-04-2010, 12:49 PM
well i know i should make a new char but i'm just going to try to make due with what i got but i think i should go with weapon finesse too but idk yet.

dominp
06-04-2010, 01:32 PM
well i know i should make a new char but i'm just going to try to make due with what i got but i think i should go with weapon finesse too but idk yet.

i dont think i would bother with weapon finesse with a 14 dex.

Shumanfoo
06-04-2010, 02:32 PM
i dont think i would bother with weapon finesse with a 14 dex.

Agreed, if you are going finesse you usually start with higher Dex and put all 5 level-ups into Dex as well. Also, don't dump Str, you just don't need to start with it max. Finesse only affects your hit roll, damage still comes from Str.