PDA

View Full Version : Quirky guild naming poll!

Doganpc
06-03-2010, 05:56 PM
So I've been toying with the idea of starting a DDO guild. Not so much for the new guild updates coming in with next update but its been there since I saw guild charters go on sale. With the guild update i'm hoping they'll do a once a year sale point so I can buy into it on the cheaper. Most likely it wouldn't be a very large guild, maybe a more of a gateway guild than anything. As such I have two names that I bounced around and decided that I like. Now what i'm looking for is what other people might like, as I would like my silly little guild to be more than just me and my Alts.

1. of a Pirate Crew
{P} the mark of a true Pirate. This would be a silly Pirate soft role play guild, members would be encouraged to enjoy clever surnames, the Pirate themed adventure packs, Pirate attire, and play the part of an ocean going mercenary based out of Stormreach. My favorite thing about this is the appearance of the guild in game. Everyone would be a "Member, of a Pirate Crew" or an "Officer, of a Pirate Crew" even in the Who window it would look:
Such and Such SPACERSPACER Fighter2/Bard4 SPACERSPACER of a Pirate Crew

2. Misfits & Malcontents
[M&M] can't go wrong* with an abbreviation like that. This would be your generic support guild. Ideally it would be full of unique character builds, things that go outside the box and might not be as effective as the exploiter builds. Thus its the perfect name for the group, they don't fit in regular parties and they're not content with the typical character designs. This guilds main purpose would be to give players with unique yet fun for them better access to other players who understand that you don't have to be a copy of something in the Character Builds section to have fun in DDO.

Dogan
*Ideally the guild wouldn't be seen as a threat to Mars Incorporated.

Trold200
06-15-2010, 10:58 AM
1. of a Pirate Crew
{P} the mark of a true Pirate. This would be a silly Pirate soft role play guild, members would be encouraged to enjoy clever surnames, the Pirate themed adventure packs, Pirate attire, and play the part of an ocean going mercenary based out of Stormreach. My favorite thing about this is the appearance of the guild in game. Everyone would be a "Member, of a Pirate Crew" or an "Officer, of a Pirate Crew" even in the Who window it would look:
Such and Such SPACERSPACER Fighter2/Bard4 SPACERSPACER of a Pirate Crew

Wished that ive thought of that :D

like the way you have used the Guild rank with the name. Thumbs up!