PDA

View Full Version : lower level quest fixes (from TR experience)

jkm
06-03-2010, 04:07 PM
1. bloody crypt - currently conquest is set at 282 mobs, however, there are only 227 mobs in the dungeon (counting the 6 in the room where the vampire spawns). so you end up having to kill 10 waves of these respawning wights to hit conquest.

suggestion

move conquest down to 220 mobs

2. stealthy repossession - i wouldn't be surprised if 90% of the runs of this quest end up in a red skull. one of the mechanics needs to be changed and it shouldn't be one that requires stealth.

suggestions -> change the first 3 prophets to sentries and increase the prophets around the stone.
suggestions -> make the prophets suicide fire bombers

3. stk part 1 -> the first kobold sentry isn't doing his job and ringing the gong. i have to ring it for him to get the kobolds to spawn.

4. garrisons missing pack -> furor is the toughest mob in the harbor he critted me for 86 points on elite. nice heavy picks there scruffy.

5. harbor kobold shamans -> since you nerfed the ever loving **** out of fear (2 seconds? really?), you need to give them a new crowd control spell - i suggest hypno bubble.

6. tangleroot - Last Move (Yarkuch) - the two traps in the hallway really need to be checked. yes, this quest is level 9 on elite, however most parties do it between level 5 and 7 because of the nature of the chain. either pushing the trap dc down (23 search currently to 20 like the other traps in the quest) or lower the reflex save (33) or lower the trap damage (120) will make this a little more manageable for most parties.

7. of all the korthos items the spearblock bracers may be the most over the top. it is possible soloing for mobs to only get through your DR on a crit and then they only do 2 points of damage. i'd suggest changing them to minor spearblock and 1/dr.

8. baudry cartaman - this quest chain is so boring. we have a protect coyle, then a carebear break the boxes with the time limit being 3x as long as it should be, and then a find the non-obvious item quest at the end.

suggestion -> develop the story more with maybe a little more of the hips map. i know baudry is blind, deaf, dumb but make the hips pack more intriguing.

9. 3 barrel cove - i could make this its own post i guess, but i want to address the biggest issues with the quests i hate the most.

things i like ->

the music - the only thing missing is cowbell

ghost of a chance - this is a great quest with a great optional ending. however, to be fair it really should be in korthos where it makes a little more sense. i'm not the biggest lore guy, but does every landmass in xendrik have to have a quori base?

dunstyn's base - the assault on fortified position theme and the shear number of bad guys you can get into melee with make this place just awesome.

the ascent to the westwind's mistress - i really wish this was timed off of an alarm. maybe make the captain always spawn, but you have to get there or the ship will fly away.

prove your worth - ladders aside, this is a great quest

the numbers of mobs in one instance - really wish more maps were like this.

things i don't like

1. the xp - outside of the stones run red and ghost of a chance (with the puzzle) the xp out here really needs work.

2. guard duty - someone knows something about pirates here, can we not make this just a tad more realistic? of all the quests out here that should be swashbuckly, this should be it. instead we have kobold assault on 2 poleacres with square rigs that would swamp a first rate.

3. the setup of red tom and idas -> move them to the shrines near the quest entrances.

MrCow
06-03-2010, 04:15 PM
3. stk part 1 -> the first kobold sentry isn't doing his job and ringing the gong. i have to ring it for him to get the kobolds to spawn.

He has rang that bell for me about 75% of the time.

5. harbor kobold shamans -> since you nerfed the ever loving **** out of fear (2 seconds? really?), you need to give them a new crowd control spell - i suggest hypno bubble.

This is due to dungeon scaling on malicious effects from Update 4. The duration of things like Fear, Greater Command, Stunning Blow, and Hypnotism have been reduced a lot based on difficulty and group size.

jkm
06-03-2010, 04:19 PM
He has rang that bell for me about 75% of the time.

is he opening the door or are you? i noticed once i let him break the door threshold and he went and gonged but if i open the door and go to him he just attacks me.