PDA

View Full Version : Risan (ice) recpie changes

Missing_Minds
06-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Risian Recipes

* Recipe 6 from the Risia Ice Games can now add Lesser Glaciation I to a randomly generated weapon for 100 motes of winter.
* Recipes 7 through 14 can replace Superior Glaciation on items with Lesser Glaciation of one level higher for 100 motes of winter. For example, Recipe 7 can replace Superior Glaciation I with Lesser Glaciation II.

-----------------------------

Uh... does this mean you are making the alter perminate or something somewhere???

Lithic
06-03-2010, 02:57 PM
It means it will be back. Tolero said we should expect it to come back at some point last time it was up.

I would expect them to make changes to make "hopping" less lucrative though.

AZgreentea
06-03-2010, 02:58 PM
My guess is reoccurring like the Festivult and possibly the egg hunt.

There was a lottery a day or two ago that gave away a twig..... I didnt win. :(

QuantumFX
06-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Too much work went into the ice games to make it a “One time only...” affair. I would expect to see it on the live servers again around January 2011. (Though, hopefully, without all the repeats. I would like to see other yearly festivals as well...)

terrenceknight1
06-03-2010, 04:02 PM
You know, I've been wondering about Risia related recipes. Does anyone agree with me that it would be neat to have more -Risia- like events with a chance to add further abilites to random generated weapons? Like summer events that could let you earn like say.. Flaming touch->Flaming-> Flaming Burst onto weapons.

Come on People..work with me here *Grin* Just imagine..year round events that may give the opportunity to get randomly generated loot a chance to enter the realm of Green steel uberness, or at least something to make a good substitute for GS for us more Casual players who don't raid..it would just take...time as you wait year round for each event to come by.

The won't match GS naturaly as y'know I don't think Tier III dual sharded effects are going to be matched anytime in the near future :D

Lorien_the_First_One
06-03-2010, 04:05 PM
The won't match GS naturaly as y'know I don't think Tier III dual sharded effects are going to be matched anytime in the near future :D

Compare an Icy Burst, Holy (or holy burst) of PG weapon with a GS item (especially on a high crit weapons). You might be surprised how little difference there is other than what the dual shard adds.

Darklight_Soulweaver
06-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Can we still add icy to our weapons? I still have an icy kit or two laying somewhere.

Therilith
06-03-2010, 04:23 PM
You know, I've been wondering about Risia related recipes. Does anyone agree with me that it would be neat to have more -Risia- like events with a chance to add further abilites to random generated weapons? Like summer events that could let you earn like say.. Flaming touch->Flaming-> Flaming Burst onto weapons.

They should just make it part of a stone of change upgrading overhaul adding:
More [alchemical] recipes that give small (but untyped/new) bonuses and can be used on any piece of equipment.
New recipes on a par with the Risia event stuff that can only be added to randomly generated equipment.

One "slot" per item for each type of upgrade.

QuantumFX
06-03-2010, 04:29 PM

Come on People..work with me here *Grin* Just imagine..year round events that may give the opportunity to get randomly generated loot a chance to enter the realm of Green steel uberness, or at least something to make a good substitute for GS for us more Casual players who don't raid..it would just take...time as you wait year round for each event to come by.

I’m hoping for a Lammania festival that gives acid weapons and barkskin potions.

terrenceknight1
06-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Compare an Icy Burst, Holy (or holy burst) of PG weapon with a GS item (especially on a high crit weapons). You might be surprised how little difference there is other than what the dual shard adds.

Point well taken.

I'm just another grumpy light path monk *grin* Always looking for more ways to increase my damage per hit...or in Icy Bursts case.. seeing more 'immune' or '0''s per hit. At least that's how it feels. I see Immune or 0 from my Icy burst damage far more often than I'd like to admit while I'm punching things. I will freely admit I'd just like to see even -more- numbers pop up.

Ah well guess I'll stick to having many laughs with my +2 Vorpal Returning Shuriken of lesser human bane. Its just wrong..vorpaling mobs with a throwing star..but so darn funny. More so when I use it on mobs with 10+ DR since they don't notice it (Since its doing 0 damage) and don't aggro...then just 'poof' die.

Skani
06-03-2010, 04:50 PM
* Recipes 7 through 14 can replace Superior Glaciation on items with Lesser Glaciation of one level higher for 100 motes of winter. For example, Recipe 7 can replace Superior Glaciation I with Lesser Glaciation II.

Nice, that means it will be possible to make Superior Glaciation VIII and IX on any weapon. Now please add some level IX ice spells ;)

Lithic
06-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Nice, that means it will be possible to make Superior Glaciation VIII and IX on any weapon. Now please add some level IX ice spells ;)

Not only that, but sounds like you can take a normal dagger (non-masterwork), min lvl 0, and upgrade it to superior glaciation 9. And then add icy burst to it.

Hmmm now im thinking about making a cold-specced pale master with 2 levels of monk, using a set of +X (winter icy burst) (winter super glaciation 9) holy (burst) of pure good wraps. Toss in some ToD rings as desired. Might be a nice battlecaster build heh.

Gol
06-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Glad I saved all my recipes. :D

6: 958
7: 858
8: 582
9: 703
10: 453
11: 250
12: 554
13: 408
14: 278