PDA

View Full Version : Make intimidate a stance

EKKM
06-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Originally, intimidate was a 6 second aggro with a 10 second cooldown, it made sense that a button push was required to activiate it. Now, with the 6 second timer and intim it seems a little redundant and in fact leads to situations where aggro is lost for a second. This brief loss of aggro seems to be against the design of the "new" method, it appears that it was intended to be an aggro lock but the mechanic of the button was used to generate the "roll" every 6 seconds.

In addition, the break in the attack animation when intim is pressed leads to a loss of DPS for the typical SnB intimidator.

Changing it to a stance with an auto roll every 6 seconds would seem to be a good solution to these issues.

Obviously having this stance break combat expertise would be stupid.

Thoughts?

RobbinB
06-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Having the stance with auto-roll every 6 seconds would be ok, but you would lose some degree of control over it - sometimes you want that auto 6 second renewal, other times you don't.

Personally, I think the current implimentation of intimidate and the intimitank has seen its day and its time to move on. Bring an "aggressive" stance into the game that adds your intimidate skill as a percentage to your hate generation. Have a second active intimidate use that serves to actually intimidate your opponent (lowered to hit and saves stacking with curses but no effect on aggro). Kill the current turtle-type intimitank and bring in some of the improvement to S&B (both offensive and defensive) suggested in other threads.

Cam_Neely
06-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Personally, I think the current implimentation of intimidate and the intimitank has seen its day and its time to move on. Bring an "aggressive" stance into the game that adds your intimidate skill as a percentage to your hate generation. Have a second active intimidate use that serves to actually intimidate your opponent (lowered to hit and saves stacking with curses but no effect on aggro). Kill the current turtle-type intimitank and bring in some of the improvement to S&B (both offensive and defensive) suggested in other threads.
Agreed. The current form of an instacast AOE 'intimidate' just does not seem to work out in my head. I think a single target taunt, which longer cast time and duration, as well as an aggressive toggle, where maybe there is a %decrease to actual dmg, but an agro multiplier would be better in my mind (hitting someone to get there attention as opposed to dmg them)

Quijonsith
06-02-2010, 12:54 PM
I think intimidate as the active skill it is now is great and prefer it over a constant lock stance. I also think we should have to lose some attacks to use it. You are, after all, taking a few seconds to actively **** off the mobs. Quickdraw takes down a fair amount of the delay in attacking again.

I will say this: I think that the intimidate skill should have a bonus to your hate generation when you damage an enemy, though make it so this bonus can be toggled on and off. Along the same lines I think they should add a similar reduced hate on damage ability to diplomacy to go along with how it works now.

Cashiry
06-02-2010, 01:06 PM
and for those in Stalwart Defender stance or DoS stance can only have 1 stance activated, so this would not work with an intimidate stance... so dont see this happening..

EKKM
06-02-2010, 01:46 PM
and for those in Stalwart Defender stance or DoS stance can only have 1 stance activated, so this would not work with an intimidate stance... so dont see this happening..

I was thinking that since you can have CE and SD active at the same time, intimidate wouldn't be an issue.

Other:
Thanks for the feedback, seemed like a good idea to me.

The extra hate generation idea would laos be worth considering as long as it stacked with SD and DS.