PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for PVP to improve the game

Terelle
06-02-2010, 06:43 AM
Spend 0 resources on PVP, leave it as is, and let us all get on with our monster slaying fun.

toughguyjoe
06-02-2010, 06:47 AM
OMB.

I agree.

Doomcrew
06-02-2010, 06:48 AM
Spend 0 resources on PVP, leave it as is, and let us all get on with our monster slaying fun.

...hmmm, you might be on to something with this....

PopeJual
06-02-2010, 06:59 AM
I disagree. I believe that the developers should harvest some resources from PvP so that they can have even more time to invest into quests and bug fixes.

Please don't put any development time into this harvest, however. It's definately a job for an intern.

Rakian_Knight
06-02-2010, 07:00 AM
After reading a ton of the threads on "Remove this because its unfair" and "Redo this for PvP" this forum is a welcome blessing. Pvp is a time waster while you look for a party at best and if they introduced a true crafting system for the stone of change, I would not be surprised to see the Pvp pits empty out for the most part.

*Added* I have a better Idea for the dev's time! sitting in chair animations and Monster AI!

Newtons_Apple
06-02-2010, 07:07 AM

/sjigned

Sinni
06-02-2010, 07:12 AM
wow... and i wanted to reply something along the lines "this game is not made or even suited for pvp because it is not balanced for it"

well, i guess you know already :D

CountHenri
06-02-2010, 07:13 AM
/signed

To be honest I wouldn't mind if they removed PvP altogether - the only real purpose it serves is as a testbed for proc rates etc...

What I have noticed lately is some very odd builds trying to join raids I'm running - a quick tell exchange confirms they are dedicated PVP builds trying to get gear - something I'm not prepared to indulge/risk when I've got PvE players needing the same gear...

Eladiun
06-02-2010, 07:15 AM

You got me. I saw the title and was ready to come in guns blazing....tricky. +1

Terelle
06-02-2010, 07:50 AM
/signed

To be honest I wouldn't mind if they removed PvP altogether - the only real purpose it serves is as a testbed for proc rates etc...

What I have noticed lately is some very odd builds trying to join raids I'm running - a quick tell exchange confirms they are dedicated PVP builds trying to get gear - something I'm not prepared to indulge/risk when I've got PvE players needing the same gear...

I wouldn't really miss it if it was gone either, though as you said testing proc rates is handy. The only purpose it really serves at the moment is to tick the box on the mmo checklist 'yeah, we have pvp!'. Unfortunately this brings people to the game who want weird things (like manyshot to be nerfed) - hopefully they at least put some cash on TPs to help the game out.

And yeah, I agree on your second point - hard to justify spending the time and resources to gear up someone who wants to butt heads in the lobster, versus someone you may well play with again in the future... I know I'd rather give a spot in my runs to players than pvp slayers.

The_Mighty_Cube
06-02-2010, 08:16 AM
This is a forum for suggestions, not unsuggesting.