PDA

View Full Version : NERF MANYSHOT!!!, er.. umm.. DON'T NERF TWF!!!, uh .. wait.. This is what I meant...

Ganolyn
05-30-2010, 12:23 PM
1) Mantle of the Worldshaper - Could you make it so that it regenerates in any public instance like HP and SP (still once per minute and no change to shrine or other recharge methods)? You could do a lot of shopping/maintenence in the other four minutes we stand around waiting for it to recharge. I see no real reason for it do work like it does; we still won't be back in quest anytime faster and we could get some chores done in the meantime.

2) Could magic buff timers (barkskin, haste, protection from... whatever etc...) be made to not start until you actually start moving? This would help in two ways IMO: First it would get people to stand the frak still when you are trying to buff the party (a pet peeve of mine); Second it would save the 5 - 10+ seconds you lose in buffs while actually throwing spells (clickies take even more time because of the mandatory five second cool down). The timers and the benefits from the buffs would not start until you move so buffing and standing there would not give you unlimited buffs. Attacking/casting would not count as moving for this.

Pyromaniac
05-31-2010, 04:41 AM
Manyshot does add too much lag, it needs to go.

BurningDownTheHouse
05-31-2010, 04:56 AM
Manyshot does add too much lag, it needs to go.

You know, jokes aside, if 12 rangers will try to turn Harry into a big red pin cushion all at once, I bet the lag will be much worse than any other we experience there. Contact detection for several thousand arrows over 20 seconds is going to be brutal.

The only reason this doesn't happen is because this fighting stile is sub optimal and thus rare.

/derail off

Pyromaniac
05-31-2010, 05:04 AM
The only reason this doesn't happen is because this fighting stile is sub optimal and thus rare.

It might be the highest DPS in the game soon though, so we should be prepared for it.

BurningDownTheHouse
05-31-2010, 05:12 AM
It might be the highest DPS in the game soon though, so we should be prepared for it.

Lol true.
Well, I always wanted a ranged DPS build. Now is my chance. :p

Ganolyn
05-31-2010, 08:18 AM
:rolleyes:

Alanim
05-31-2010, 11:26 AM
Since the problem was that the attacks happened so close to each-other and manyshot hits all at once, it might not cause anymore lag then 12 people just firing normally...(which wouldn't cause lag)

*edit* also the first idea, I would love to see, but the second idea, not so much.