PDA

View Full Version : F2P character -> 32-point build

the_remover
05-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi!
I just purchased the 32 point build and some other things.

Is there anyway possible to change my build if I initially chose a pre-made character path (through reincarnation, or other means) and get the 32 points I've enabled on my account without having to relevel from scratch?

The reincarnation process is very confusing to me (mostly because i'm new). I don't want to re-level my character but I don't want to go all the way to 20 with "gimped" 28 stat premade build since I can do 32 now.
Any advice or help you guys can offer would be appreciated.
Thanks!

tihocan
05-29-2010, 05:14 PM
You need Greater Reincarnation (with any +) to be able to redo with 32 points.
If you level to 20 with 28 point and do a True Reincarnation, you will get 34 points (but will need to re-level from L1 with an XP penalty).
Visit the Reincarnation page on DDOwiki for more info.

KualaBangoDango
05-29-2010, 05:34 PM
I don't want to re-level my character but I don't want to go all the way to 20 with "gimped" 28 stat premade build since I can do 32 now.
Any advice or help you guys can offer would be appreciated.
Thanks!32-point characters really aren't much better than 28 point characters. Many players continue playing their 28-pointers even after unlocking 32-pointers just because the difference is pretty small. A well-played 28-pointer is a lot better than a poorly played 32-pointer. I think the only players who consider them "gimp" are min/maxers and since there really is no pvp in this game then there really is little advantage of one over the other since they never compete against each other.

So, if you like playing your 28-pointer, and don't want to re-roll yet, then you may as well keep playing him and re-roll when you DO feel like trying something new.

Edit: However, since you're using a pre-made path character you really may want to look into re-rolling as I hear the pre-made path characters don't do so well in later levels as they're not built very efficiently. If you DO re-roll you can take advantage of the 32-pointer AND use a custom build that veteran players can recommend for you (just look in the builds sticky at the top of these advice forums).

Uska
05-29-2010, 07:24 PM
also note drow do not get 32pt builds

sinohptik
05-29-2010, 07:34 PM
I prefer 32 pt because they allow you to do a bit more with the builds themselves. For a caster type, you can max DCs with less impact on other stats. You can also multiclass a bit more effectively. However, that does not mean 28 pt is ineffective, or gimped. On some builds, you will benefit from the extra points, but for the most part, you will do just fine.

as was suggested, greater reincarnation is your ticket to not having to re-level and hit 32 pts. the only time you have to actually do that is going to be True Reincarnation, where you start from lvl 1, and it takes more xp to level. But honestly, i wouldnt really worry about it unless you are a class that is truly DC dependent, and you just want to burn resources. Other than that, its not like anyone will say "hey, you must have a 28 pt build" after playing with you :)

the_remover
05-30-2010, 04:50 AM
32-point characters really aren't much better than 28 point characters. Many players continue playing their 28-pointers even after unlocking 32-pointers just because the difference is pretty small. A well-played 28-pointer is a lot better than a poorly played 32-pointer. I think the only players who consider them "gimp" are min/maxers and since there really is no pvp in this game then there really is little advantage of one over the other since they never compete against each other.

So, if you like playing your 28-pointer, and don't want to re-roll yet, then you may as well keep playing him and re-roll when you DO feel like trying something new.

Edit: However, since you're using a pre-made path character you really may want to look into re-rolling as I hear the pre-made path characters don't do so well in later levels as they're not built very efficiently. If you DO re-roll you can take advantage of the 32-pointer AND use a custom build that veteran players can recommend for you (just look in the builds sticky at the top of these advice forums).

As someone who likes to min/max and PVE, I'd argue that a game with a PVE focus benefits more from the science and art of min-maxing. You're in a somewhat controlled environment and you're trying to make the most of what you have to increase the chances of being successful at what you do. I'm afraid I don't really understand the PVP argument. Thanks for the insight otherwise though.

But on the topic, just so I understand correctly,
can I use a greater reincarnate at 20, stay at level 20 but change all my stats and things + get the 32?
And then true reincarnate if I want 34 points and the chance to change my race as well?

Thanks for the replies guys.

tihocan
05-30-2010, 09:33 AM
can I use a greater reincarnate at 20, stay at level 20 but change all my stats and things + get the 32?
And then true reincarnate if I want 34 points and the chance to change my race as well?
Yes and yes. But don't do the first one if you're going to TR, it's a waste of TPs.