PDA

View Full Version : Scroll drop

Vallin
05-29-2010, 09:21 AM
I would like to ask the devs to consider an alternate method for random epic scroll drops. Most of the epic content that I complete is done in PUGs, and it is really getting tiresome to watch people steal scrolls, never offer scrolls for roll, disconnect after the quest with all the scrolls that were picked up, etc etc.

I am really not into drama and I don't like to beg other players to conduct themselves like reasonable people - so I am not interested in creating a lot of arguing and conflict in a party. It doesn't seem that this mechanic is functional given the high frequency that scroll stealing occurs.

I just finished an epic run and there were several scrolls that should have been rolled on at the end - and they weren't. Some were of little to no value but some were quite valuable. I certainly could have been more assertive and demanded rolls but knowing the personalities it would have just created a scene.

I play the game to have fun. Having to beg people to stop stealing is not fun. Watching people steal is not fun - and this whole problem just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Since it is unlikely that human behavior will change, and since I do not feel comfortable with the conflict that results when you have to ask people to stop stealing, I respectfully ask that the devs consider this request to alter the mechanic for epic scroll drops.

Thanks for your time.

Vallin.

Maxal1
05-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Yes I ran my first raid just yesterday and it was a foot race to the final chest. Since I was the only cleric I was way in the back of the group. Of course since it was my first raid I did not know what the rush was for. Well I did find out as the first couple of people who got there got the really nice scrolls.

I have not looked but can you not put something like you have in lotro? Where you have to roll for high grade rewards? That would be the simple solution as I always checked the loot rule before starting raids in lotro. Many raids would never start if the loot rules were unacceptable. Just an idea.

Vallin
05-29-2010, 09:48 AM
For clarification, scrolls don't appear in chests, they appear after killing mobs (dropped like treasure bags).

Vallin.