PDA

View Full Version : help me not quit this silly game

xemmwike
05-28-2010, 06:54 PM
im a level 11 fvs healer, everytime I log in to the Orien server no one is ever on the grouping tool and I'm getting too big to solo, I log on, fail at finding a group to heal, and get bored and log off, what is the point in having a game that you can't play? Does the Orien server just suck or does DDO just not have a big enough playerbase? I'm confused but if I can't find some fun outta this game soon I'm just going to delete my account and do something else.

Memnir
05-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Have you tried putting up an LFM instead?

Lagin
05-28-2010, 07:01 PM
Have you tried putting up an LFM instead?

Either that or switch servers!:eek:

jcdy10101010
05-28-2010, 07:04 PM
just logged in to orion server there is a lfm up for tempest spine run healer needed

Stormanne
05-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Maybe it's just me, but the parties that NEED a healer tend to be the ones I avoid...

Angelus_dead
05-28-2010, 07:08 PM
im a level 11 fvs healer, everytime I log in to the Orien server no one is ever on the grouping tool and I'm getting too big to solo
An FVS11 should have an easy time either recruiting a group, or winning a quest solo. When recruiting groups don't make the mistake of thinking it needs to be more than 2-3 people. You don't actually have to fill up to 6.

PS. When I saw the first words of your post I truly expected you were going to complain that you'd get TOO many invites as soon as you logged in.

clkpacker
05-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Have you grouped a lot in the past? I'm a level 10 cleric on Orien, and I'm constantly getting tells and invites to group from people I've previously grouped with (and some I don't know at all). Healers are generally in-demand, so if you do well on a quest I've found people will remember you and ask you to group with them again.

At the bottom of the grouping panel, there's a "Looking for Group" thing you can toggle on. People can then search for other players looking for a group.

Joining a guild could also help, or looking for a static group (especially if you're on at odd times).

Illtemperedclavier
05-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Yep, it's time to put up your very own lfm. I would pick a level appropriate quest, find the quest giver and quest entrance, put your lfm up. Make sure you pick the quest from the list on the lfm panel- that makes it easier for folks to find. I like to put "all welcome", "no zerging", or some other tidbit that will indicate you don't have to know the quest. You will be suprised at the people that request to join. If it goes smooth, wonderful. If you flop, whatever, it's just a game. Keep trying.

As you group more and more, add friends to your friends list that you enjoy grouping with then hit them up next time you see them online. Good luck, and don't give up. You'll find some fantastic peeps out there.

xemmwike
05-28-2010, 07:29 PM
hmm, sorry I forgot to state when I usually log on, usually about 730-10 am CST, are there servers with different time zones that would be busier during these times?

KillEveryone
05-28-2010, 07:37 PM
The times I'm on, I'm on Thelanis and from 6p to 6a est, I find levels 11 to 13 tend to not have too many LFMs up. I think it is where the free stuff mostly runs out(there are some past 13) and the premium stuff needs to be purchased to have reliable content to level past that range so I hardly see anything up for those levels.

I think more premium players(or totally free players that used TP that they grinded) that haven't purchased everything level up as far as possible with the free content to get into the higher stuff they paid for and it is possible to hit 12 to 14 without too much effort with the free stuff so there seems to be a slight gap.

7-day_Trial_Monkey
05-28-2010, 07:52 PM
hmm, sorry I forgot to state when I usually log on, usually about 730-10 am CST, are there servers with different time zones that would be busier during these times?

All the servers are located in the same place, on the east side of the US. Orien is a newer server and so has less higher level characters. The times you listed are the quietest times on all the servers.

Zigana
05-28-2010, 07:57 PM

You might find Khyber is a little more active during that time as there seems to be a bit of the Aussie players on then still. But generally, I think most of the servers see a down time at that time of the day.

clkpacker
05-28-2010, 08:00 PM
The morning is the worst time in Orien (and probably all servers). Stuff picks up a lot at night.

I'll probably be on at those times next week--look for Callooh, I'll run with you.

KualaBangoDango
05-28-2010, 08:25 PM
To be honest I think part of your problem is too many of the newer players STILL aren't using the LFG tool even though it's one of the best in the industry.

Orien and Cannith were started near the same time and as far as I know are pretty similar in populations. I'm on Cannith and I easily see hundreds and hundreds of players running around, easily adding up to thousands when you take into account all the different instances of each town location, yet when I look on the grouping tool I'll see MAYBE a small handful of groups going for my level range. On the other hand I'm often getting blind invites or tells asking me to heal and I'm constantly seeing people in general chat trying to get groups together.

As others have said, you need to take charge of your own enjoyment of the game. If you're looking around waiting for others to form the groups then chances are that everyone else is also waiting for the same thing and thus few groups actually get started. It's like when four drivers come to a 4-way stop at the same time, they all wanna go but everyone keeps looking at each other cause no one knows who should go first.

DavionFuxa
05-28-2010, 09:04 PM
im a level 11 fvs healer, everytime I log in to the Orien server no one is ever on the grouping tool and I'm getting too big to solo, I log on, fail at finding a group to heal, and get bored and log off, what is the point in having a game that you can't play? Does the Orien server just suck or does DDO just not have a big enough playerbase? I'm confused but if I can't find some fun outta this game soon I'm just going to delete my account and do something else.

It's not DDO, it's Orien. I have generally found Orien to be one of the worst servers to find a PUG for, at any time. Generally Orien is a Guild based server, with a lot of raiding and such. There are also good deal of Veteran Players as well and they generally don't do LFM's as much as someone new to the game.

If what you are after is a solid PUG experience, expect that you will have to roll a character on a different server. I've generally found Cannith to be the best for getting PUGs going, but Thelanis, Argonessan, and Sarlona are also pretty good. Each though has different attributes to it though like Cannith being the Newbie Server, and Sarlona being the Power-Gaming server.

stormarcher
05-28-2010, 09:11 PM

I myself am on the Orien server and I don't have this problem when I play my level 12 monk. Your a healer you should have no problems getting into a group.

If its that bad join a guild

bree22
05-28-2010, 09:28 PM
i have toons on 4 servers but mostly play on orien. it is tough when you reach level 11 to 12 to find a group. The best advice I can give u is to buy a few packs if you are not vip already. If u run the sands then start running Gianthold at level 13 you should have no problem getting groups. I agree with the others you are best to start your own groups. I will tell you this for some reason no one wants to do the quest in the sands other then to get flagged for the raid. All they want to do is the rare runs. I dont why it just works out that way. If you are looking for a guild you can hit me up i am on mon thru friday during the time you are on. Breelleena and breeeee are my toons. Our guild is young (and small) and we have about 20 active members at your level. If you want a bigger and more experience guild there are alot on this server and i have run with alot of them (not alot of higher level toons in my guild). Epic and overraid are good guilds at higher levels and are a little more serious then my guild. there are a few other like army of death, loot & glory, new haven, defenders etc. most guilds have good and bad members in them but for the most part i like this server and most are friendly.

I play from 10am to 5pm weekdays eastern std time US and usually dont have a hard time finding groups as for raids in the sands and VON are a little tougher during my time frame though. Good luck

ps dont feel bad if you join a guild then choose to drop because it wasnt for you.