PDA

View Full Version : Snake's Swiftness

coolpenguin410
05-28-2010, 04:16 PM
If the proposed changes for double strikes go forward, I feel this would make a great new spell. It's 1st level Druid spell or a 2nd level Wiz/Sorc spell with mass version for Druid 2 or Wiz/Sorc 3. (Spell Compendium, also on the Archivist's list.)

The way the spell works in PnP is once cast the target(s) make an immediate attak against an adjacent opponent.

I propose the spell be implemented as 6 seconds per level with a +10% (or more) chance for a double hit or off-hand weapon strike.

While I have no strong feeling either way to the proposed changes to TWF, I also don't play my ranger very often. I think knowing this spell would be included in the next update it can introduced in, current TWF'ers would be more comfortable with the change.

Symar-FangofLloth
05-28-2010, 05:32 PM
That sounds like a good idea.

Angelus_dead
05-28-2010, 09:20 PM
I propose the spell be implemented as 6 seconds per level with a +10% (or more) chance for a double hit or off-hand weapon strike.
Probably better to make it give a much larger percentage bonus and a longer duration, but expire early after making X number of attacks.

However, it's dubious as to if giving casters more ways to buff melee guys is the right way to go.

coolpenguin410
05-29-2010, 08:18 AM
Probably better to make it give a much larger percentage bonus and a longer duration, but expire early after making X number of attacks.

However, it's dubious as to if giving casters more ways to buff melee guys is the right way to go.

When I make suggestions, it's just my preference to err on the side of underpowered vs overpowered. It's far too easy for the player base to get used to some big bonus and then they reel when it has to be knocked down a bit. The reverse is far less painful.

I can understand your concern. Melee's seem to be getting all the attention at high levels. However, it's not like I'm suggesting it be the only spell to ever be introduced. Having more such options is not a bad thing. Not every caster is going to prepare it. The single target version would be ideal, because the spell means nothing to primary casters who don't melee and there are already a number of great 3rd level spells, thus meaning the caster has to choose between haste, rage, displacement and whatever else they usually prepare.

Also, since we're talking about a level 2 or 3 spell, they have the potential to make effective potions or clickies. I'd love to see it become a 1 min/level spell (3 min potions? Sweet.), but I worry it'd be far too powerful. Having an expiration after a number of attacks would solve that problem, but then you're blowing through those attacks at an amazing speed. Even at something ridiculous, like 10/level, you're going to have just enough time to cast one or two spells before having to re-cast it in a Shroud 4/5 situation.

Kadran
05-29-2010, 08:22 AM
My battle sorc would LOVE this. :-D