PDA

View Full Version : In light of new Ideas...



sirdanile
05-28-2010, 03:53 PM
I'm going to place a couple of my old suggestions at the beginning than continue on with my other suggestions that I have thought of after seeing the mod 5 combat update thread.


1.
Warforged are awesome yes, but their healing amp enhancements are confusing and anything past the first tier is not worth taking due to the immense AP cost, I propose that you change them so that...

T-1 = 10% (60%)
T-2 = 15% more (total 75%)
T-3 = 20% more (total 95%)

2. Allow Silver Flame potions to either work like a paladins lay on hands and heal them for full or sell seperate blessed oils at the vendor.

3.


You are correct, double strike at this time does not apply to ranged or thrown attacks. We are planning on investigating various improvements to ranged combat in a future update.


Turn manyshot into a stance granting something similar to a double strike chance - 80% chance to shoot a second arrow, 60% chance from that for a third, 40% chance for a fourth, no chance for a fifth. This would not stack with combat expertise/defensive stance/power attack.

4. Prestige enhancements - Change the way race/class prestige enhancements work, currently should an elf ranger try to take deepwoods sniper it is not allowed. Later on a warforged barbarian would pale in comparison to a kensai because juggernaut was said to count as a barbarian Pre.

5. Use attack speed boosts to prestige enhancements that focus on dexterity, Double strike boosts to enhancements that focus on strength, allow some enhancements to add a different stat to damage or factor into damage along with strength in some way.

6. Change epic bows and weaker epic items to be at worst slightly more useful than similar greensteel at their job.

7. Add more ranger spells, currently they have absolutely no choice for spell levels 3 and 4 and most of the options for levels 1 and 2 are extremely sup par to other ones.

sultanica
05-28-2010, 03:58 PM
1. Cross-server pugging
Seems there's only 2-6 pugs going at any time (on Khyber anyways)

2. Fully customizable weapons and wearable's(armor, etc), for any level.
Examples:
Find a green gem, combine it with your sword and it adds a Acid damage.
Find a turtle scale, combine it with your armor and it adds +# deflection bonus to your AC
etc...

3. Fix the economy
It's broken. Period. In it's current state it encourages plat vending.

4. Fix the AH
It needs a working search allowing to search by level, by class, by type, cost etc

5. Fix the drop rate on named items (what is it, like 1%?). 150+ runs to get something is insane.
Also in it's current state, encourages plat vending via people just buying from the AH because stuff never drops.
Which leads to a minority farming, selling in the AH, collecting massive amounts of plat and selling it to the wholesale plat vending websites.

venting venting venting
;)

azrael4h
05-28-2010, 05:48 PM
1. Cross-server pugging
Seems there's only 2-6 pugs going at any time (on Khyber anyways)



Try playing a Cleric. If I log on and don't join with my guild quick enough, I'll have dozens of party invites. I think my record was 15 in a 30 min period. At level 5 no less. Higher levels I'd not be surprised if there are fewer pugs going, but not everyone gets past level 6. Much less to 18-20 range.

Angelus_dead
05-28-2010, 07:42 PM
1. Warforged are awesome yes, but their healing amp enhancements are confusing and anything past the first tier is not worth taking due to the immense AP cost
Do you happen to know how much healing the enhancements give now?

sirdanile
05-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Do you happen to know how much healing the enhancements give now?

I believe it's 15% for t-1, 5% for t-2 and 3 so 75%, I could be off 5%.

*edit* the second and third say 20 and 25% but thats total and only gets up to 75% heal amp while making anyone who havn't used them before think they have 85% at t-2 and 110% at t-3.

The suggestion as I have it will help out the new players if they choose to spend the AP and anyone with gear can save themselves ap, either way it makes the entire line of enhancements worthwhile.

sirdanile
05-29-2010, 01:32 PM
No DoooOoOoOoOoom is allowed in this thread so don't even try! (to anyone who is going to complain instead of post constructively)

If you're gonna die, die with your boots on.
If you're gonna try, well stick around,
Gonna cry, just move along,
If you're gonna die, you're gonna die.

Bwahahhaa

azrael4h
05-29-2010, 03:04 PM
http://ui32.gamespot.com/1951/doom_2.jpg

You called for Doom?

donotdirect1
05-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Real crafting would be awesome.

So would artificers. Honestly the missing artificers and shifters are a big part of why I think this isn't ebberron at all.

I'm a PnP vet, as well as a WoW vet. But honestly this game is satisfying my "super mario vet" feeling more than the others. It's an awesome platform, we just need more flavor and more obvious features. Like the auction house, crafting, chat macros from WoW. Flavor from the orcs, shifters, artificers, druids, reach weapons (I'd love a spiked chain even without combat reflexes and AoOs!).

sirdanile
06-14-2010, 03:12 PM
...Uh bump I guess, posted in the wrong thread 'cause I was quoting this one.