PDA

View Full Version : saving game in dungeons

Anvilhead
05-28-2010, 08:15 AM
Every time I logout of the game in the middle of a quest I allways have to start over from the begining. Isthis normal behaviour.

Newtons_Apple
05-28-2010, 08:17 AM
Every time I logout of the game in the middle of a quest I allways have to start over from the begining. Isthis normal behaviour.

Yes - this is normal. This is a live, instanced game. There is no saving mid quest, so you HAVE to finish the quest before you log out in order to get credit for it.

cwfergtx
05-28-2010, 08:18 AM
You cannot save the game in a quest. It automatically boots you from a quest when you log out. You do not get to pick up where you left off. Specially when some quests are timed.

Thorin2001
05-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Yes, it's normal.
This is an online-mmo not a single-player-offline-game.
Every time you enter a dungeon or any other non-public-area you enter your own or your group's instance of this area. This instance is active as long as some uses it (+5 minutes after leaving, in case you need to resurrect) and uses server-space.
So if you log out the instance resets to free the server-space consumed.
Hope that helps (and is technically correct).

Kriogen
05-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Yes. Standard characteristic of any online game that has "instanced" quest areas.

It's not just DDO. If it has "private instance" somewhere, it works like that.

Kralgnax
05-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Once all players have exited a dungeon (or wilderness area)instance , a timer starts - after 5 minutes, your instance will reset completely. If you are in a group, and dissolve the group (once everyone is outside), the instance will reset immediately.

This applies if you log out, crash out, recall, or just walk out the front door. So long as one player (live or dead) remains in the instance, the timer will not start.

Grimdiegn
05-28-2010, 08:43 AM
One thing to note is if you are using a hireling to solo and you wipe in a quest, dismiss the hireling before you recall because the instance will reset if you don't.

Arctigis
05-28-2010, 08:59 AM
One thing to note is if you are using a hireling to solo and you wipe in a quest, dismiss the hireling before you recall because the instance will reset if you don't.

Never happened to me. The entry screen does not show 'this adventure is still active...' - but it is.

tihocan
05-28-2010, 09:04 AM
Never happened to me. The entry screen does not show 'this adventure is still active...' - but it is.
It's been my experience as well. I tried to reset a quest with a hireling a few times, but never managed to do it :/

Visty
05-28-2010, 09:06 AM
resetting with hirelings work you just have to enter on another difficulty

tihocan
05-28-2010, 09:40 AM
resetting with hirelings work you just have to enter on another difficulty
Cool, thanks :)