PDA

View Full Version : Greensteel Deconstruction - Thrill the fan base

Ganak
05-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Would a Greensteel Deconstruction mechanic be a overwhelming hit with the players?

Is it technically possible? Please pardon if I missed any common knowledge previously shared.

As new loot appears, it often conflicts with spots occupied by greensteel items. For example, I never ran VoD much with my Wizard upon its release. Why? Because upon the release of the shroud I crafted greensteel bracers. I did not and still do not wish to toss my well earned investment in the bank.

Here's an image of what GS deconstuction could look like:
A mechanism to deconstuct the greensteel item, reducing it to Essences, Focus's and Gems. Possibly losing the blank, allowing you to craft the same recipe as you had on a different blank. I would think some special "Greensteel Deconstruction Tonic" you get from running a quest X times to get (needs to be some investment for the reward and it works for me).

There are may possibilities to get to the same goal.

Could the game be coded in such a way as to read the Essence, Focus and Gem slots of an existing item and spit them out in a crafting alter?

This would be a good incentive to get repeat runs in a new quest. Let's face the truth: the quests that get run are those that reward with desired loot. I guarantee a quest with Greensteel Deconstruction Tonic would be sprouting LFM's.

Let's do it!

Therilith
05-27-2010, 05:34 PM
As long as it's sufficiently expensive.

sirgog
05-27-2010, 07:42 PM
/signed.

Preferably with a loss of Power Shards, GS blank and Bones, but keeping all the other pieces. Gotta get Bones out of the system somehow.

Dexol
05-28-2010, 01:48 AM
/signed.

Preferably with a loss of Power Shards, GS blank and Bones, but keeping all the other pieces. Gotta get Bones out of the system somehow.

You need all those bones to build castle Greyskull so you can stand outside, hold your ESOS aloft and shout "I have the powerrrrrr!"

/signed