PDA

View Full Version : Orien Server Lag

Internetisrsbsn
05-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Why is there lag on the server? I made a character on Orien only to find that it was lagging really badly. I could barely move without it skipping, and this never happened on Sarlona for me. So, is this normal for Orien or did something recently mess my computer up?

donfilibuster
05-26-2010, 09:27 PM
On Orien the harbor and market may be crowded, possibly with lots of instances, try changing to the newest instance.

Double check of your computer since it is easy to mess with things, a little maint now and then helps.

As for lag it may vary, be it slow loading or slowing down the action, getting stuck, getting latency, getting dc/ed, etc.
Playing on fresh boot seems to help, reopening the client every now and then, etc.
(every bit counts, even relogging at taverns).

Internetisrsbsn
05-26-2010, 09:28 PM
On Orien the harbor and market may be crowded, possibly with lots of instances, try changing to the newest instance.

Double check of your computer since it is easy to mess with things, a little maint now and then helps.

As for lag it may vary, be it slow loading or slowing down the action, getting stuck, getting latency, getting dc/ed, etc.
Playing on fresh boot seems to help, reopening the client every now and then, etc.
(every bit counts, even relogging at taverns).

I never get DCed. I just lag.

quietkey0
06-01-2010, 02:03 PM
I've seen the same thing. The cove seems to be ALWAYS laggy, but makes a dramatic change for the better if you disable the hints. I've logged onto two or three other servers, and Orien seems to be the laggiest of the all. That's a shame, because that's the one I play on. :(

Crann
06-02-2010, 09:08 AM
I had very rarely had lag issues on Orien, aside from the standard higher content DPS lag. I have, however, experienced dc issues pretty regularly on Thelanis where I spend a limited amount of time trying out new builds.

Khanyth
06-02-2010, 09:51 AM
The only time I get lag is when there are over a dozen disco balls and firewalls around.

And, of course, trash mobs dying

Xeriphim
06-02-2010, 12:39 PM
I find that the Harbour , Shroud , and parts of Subterraine slayer areas are the WORST lag spots in the game . The Market place at times can be just as bad . But switching to a newer instance can solve that . In shroud an subterraine you don't have that option .

Hellllboy
06-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Shroud was virtually unplayable last night (due to lag)-if it wasnt for a solid recovery-the lag monster would have gobbled us up. :mad:

Xeriphim
06-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Shroud was virtually unplayable last night (due to lag)-if it wasnt for a solid recovery-the lag monster would have gobbled us up. :mad:

we pulled through because we didn't have that paladin with us . The one whose level 20 an pulls out a shuirken to fight harry with ... Or a tank that's level 20 in some uber guild wearing 90% kortho's gear an telling everyone else in the raid what the " required " gear is for " proper " raiding ...

TrinityTurtle
06-21-2010, 07:56 AM
we pulled through because we didn't have that paladin with us . The one whose level 20 an pulls out a shuirken to fight harry with ... Or a tank that's level 20 in some uber guild wearing 90% kortho's gear an telling everyone else in the raid what the " required " gear is for " proper " raiding ...

Oh man, I was there for both of those moments! The pally was the weirdest thing I had ever seen! I remember best the part about him moving out of the freakin' mass heal cacoon the clerics set up to throw that shuriken, and getting all astonished that Harry threw the Meteor Swarm back, and killed him, and whining that the clerics chose to keep the people actually standing up instead of rezzing him til after. Priceless! The other thing...what can you say? Some players are just rude. :)

Hellllboy
06-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Can I just say it?

THANK YOU TURBINE FOR FIXING MY SHROUD!!! :)

That is all...carry on folks.

TravisGearhart
07-04-2010, 03:15 AM
Ya i to have been having lag issues but unlike everyone else to some extent it happens to me no matter where i go on Orien server. i just deal with it. I think you should all deal with it as well becouse the game is popular and Orien expecially is crouded.