PDA

View Full Version : Why a WF wizz?

Axelza
05-26-2010, 04:38 AM
Hey guys im thinking of makeing a WF wiz or sorc , why should i make a wizz?

Relenthe
05-26-2010, 04:39 AM
Wf wizards and sorcerers are both viable builds, the only advantage to a wf wizard is you don't have a -2 charisma score affecting your main spellcasting attribute

English_Warrior
05-26-2010, 04:43 AM
And the ability to learn ALL the spells in the game and swap them out at will allows you to tailor your spell selection to each individual quest...while the Sorc has a much harder time swapping spells out....I believe its 1 every 3 days (or something like that).

I find that when playing my Wiz I often have room in my spell selection to include a lot more auxiliary/situational spells than my sorc... my sorc has to carry a much wider variety of damage spells to cover a wide range of different mob immunities/weaknesses...while my Wiz can get away with a smaller range of damage spells tailored to the specific quest...and so has room for auxiliary spells like (teleport/D door/jump/protection and resist from elements/knock/detect secret door etc).

Dexol
05-26-2010, 04:43 AM
I went for a Sorc myself, but the narrow spell selection makes it tough to fit in reconstruct spells and all the other ones you want, you also get lower spell DC's as you take a hit to charisma, but as a wiz you dont take any hit to Int.

Wiz also fits nicely with rogue levels for additional versitility if thats of interest to you.

Cheers,

Dex

WhoisKip
05-26-2010, 04:50 AM
Pretty much everything has been brought up, but I can add that wizards get bonus magic feats at 1, 5, 10, 15 and 20. Sorcs have to choose feats carefully since they don't get that bonus.

Sorcs cast faster and get more SP and more SP from items, Wizards can learn all spells and carry more at a given time.

Axelza
05-26-2010, 04:50 AM
thanks for the quick replys all

Can any one set me up with a good WF wiz build , I think you convinced me to go wiz due to the -2char dc check on sorc

Aurora1979
05-26-2010, 05:22 AM
Max your INT, rest into CON, maybe back it off a point or two. Anything left over put into STR, dex if you really want too.

Take masters touch spell at level 1, get a great axe and buff yourself to chop things up for a few levels.

Personally i like to take insightful reflexes and then dump dex giving me a few more points in STR.

Thats a basic starter, for proper build advice have a look through the forum, WF WIZ isnt a rare char, i have one myself :) enjoy.