PDA

View Full Version : tempest and monk stances?

ConnorMacLoad
05-25-2010, 09:08 PM
So I was messing around with wearing wraps and using stances last night (I have tempest as well) and noticed that I lost a lot of the tempest benefits once I put wraps on. Do not know what they were exactly, but looked like it effected my AC, and to hit. I suppose it also effected my attack speed, but have not tested yet.

Assuming it is true, and you lose tempest enhancements when you use wraps, would the new longsword and short sword enhancements coming to monk allow the tempest enhancements to stack now?

Adalita
05-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Are you referring to the ranger tempest enhancement? If so I suspect that since using wraps counts as being unarmed that you are not dual wielding in that configuration, hence lose the tempest benefits. However not a monk so someone else might confirm / contradict.

ConnorMacLoad
05-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Are you referring to the ranger tempest enhancement? If so I suspect that since using wraps counts as being unarmed that you are not dual wielding in that configuration, hence lose the tempest benefits. However not a monk so someone else might confirm / contradict.

This is kinda what I was thinking. Whirling steel? (not to sure if the attack speed enhancement is a part of that) So when I use wraps I lose that. So, if all things work as they should. A monk having the longsword feat (or ninja spy)and tempest, should get the full effect of whirling steel?

tihocan
05-25-2010, 10:07 PM
A monk having the longsword feat (or ninja spy)and tempest, should get the full effect of whirling steel?
Yes.