PDA

View Full Version : Deepwood Sniper now wants to be Arcane Archer

Harro69
05-25-2010, 08:23 AM
Hi guys (and gals),
Apologies if this has been covered 14000 times before but....

I started my first char as a ranger, I selected Deepwood sniper. I now want to change to Arcane Archer... Easy so far??

It keeps telling me I need the feat "Mental Toughness". I cannot select this feat at all, If I try to use "fred" and exchange the feat to get it.. I need to exchange another required feat to get it...

I dont particularly want to multi class as yet, I am level 8. Can someone please tell me how I can reset everything to change to Arcane archer? I have tried resetting my enhancements.. no good..

Any help that can be thrown my way would be appreciated..

Zac

Daehawk
05-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Did you tell your trainer you no longer want to follow this path? If so it will allow you to customize your character selections from here on. So thus at the next point in time that you get a few you can then pick Mental Toughness.

More Info: When you start a character if you pick a path instead of custom it will automatically do what you can do manually upon leveling up. The best thing to do once you learn the game a little is to not use paths. As they will put points into skills you don't need. A friend of mind I met in game was on a Wizard Path and is an elf. I had her get off the path and taught her a bit about the game to help her improve her character. It was putting points into repair...granted wf around her will love her while resting at a shrine, but doesn't do anything for her.

Also you can Lesser Reincarnate / Greater Reincarnate to fix things like Skill Points, Stat Allocations, Feats. But I think you might be fine as long as you get off the path.

Harro69
05-25-2010, 08:30 AM
I did this on the last level, but it still did not give me the option of training mental toughness..

Daehawk
05-25-2010, 08:33 AM
I did this on the last level, but it still did not give me the option of training mental toughness..

You get feats at 1,3,6,9,12,15,18. If it wasn't one of those levels then you wouldn't be able to pick a feat. You said you are level 8, so you just turned to 8 meaning when you turn to level 9 you will be able to pick a new feat and will be able to get Mental Toughness.

asphodeli
05-25-2010, 08:33 AM
We would have better advice if you posted what stats and feats you have at the moment and what skills as well. I have also tried to change a DWS to an AA on a friend's toon, but earliest possible time to change to Arcane Archer is level 9 on an Elf, using the level 9 granted feat to take up Mental Toughness.

blitzschlag
05-25-2010, 08:34 AM

you only get to pick a regular feat each 3 levels.

at

so just pick up mental toughness at lvl 9

Harro69
05-25-2010, 08:35 AM
Thanks guys.. I will get to level 9... and pray.. if not.. I will dig up this thread again..

Brennie
05-25-2010, 06:12 PM
One of the prerequisites for mental toughness is access to spells.

As such, the only level your ranger can swap for mental toughness is level 6. I'm guessing you were trying to swap a level 1 or level 3 feat and having no good results.

Alternately, you can just get the feat at level 9.