PDA

View Full Version : Muting - Hasn't been implemented yet? T.T

XxLegitSaixX
05-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Have you ever partied with a person in the party, having the voice of a 4 year old or the 4 year old who pretends he's old and sounds like your grandma?

Well I have, and this is probably the most disturbing part of doing PUGs...

Here's a scenario...

Me: Sup guys, so what are we doing!
Leader: -4 year old tone- Oh were doing your mom! Jajajajaja.

Ya.. I know, first off kids who are underaged shouldn't even be playing due to ratings, but putting that aside reveal their immature 4 year old minds into DDO.

Here's a modern day example, Justin Beiber, when you hear this supposedly "16 year old MALE" singer, the first thing that runs through your head is "SOMEONE TELL THIS GIRL TO SHUT UP!" And the next thing is "OMG.. TURN IT OFF..."

This is how I feel, and most people in DDO that i've met so far. I mean the second a kid starts using his real or fake 90 year old grandma voice, people drop the group.

So Turbine.. PLEASE.. PLEASEEEE ADD A IN-GAME MUTE TO A CERTAIN PLAYER WITHOUT COMPLETELY SQUELCHING THEM.

JollySwagMan
05-23-2010, 07:51 PM
So Turbine.. PLEASE.. PLEASEEEE ADD A IN-GAME MUTE TO A CERTAIN PLAYER WITHOUT COMPLETELY SQUELCHING THEM.

Yes, it would nice to be able to mute without squelching. Other than turning up the volume on our music :).

XxLegitSaixX
05-23-2010, 07:53 PM
Yes, it would nice to be able to mute without squelching. Other than turning up the volume on our music :).

Hope we can make some type of petition or something.

Sleepingcap
05-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Indeed, possibility to mute people, or possibility to adjust individual inbound settings.
Not only are some people too annoying to listen, but some you just cannot listen due to them being too quiet/loud.

XxLegitSaixX
05-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Indeed, possibility to mute people, or possibility to adjust individual inbound settings.
Not only are some people too annoying to listen, but some you just cannot listen due to them being too quiet/loud.

Don't get me started with the high pitched never ending talking...

GeneralDiomedes
05-23-2010, 08:09 PM
I think you should be able to apply a set processing effect to their voice

i.e.

Alvin the Chipmunk Voice - When somebody takes themselves way to seriously
Evil Deep Movie Voice - For the aforementioned pre-pubescents
OK Computer Voice - For the megageek who talks about numbers and stats constantly
Distorted Al Jourgensen (Ministry) Voice - For the exasperated vet who is clearly at the end of their rope

Impaqt
05-23-2010, 08:17 PM
I find that if I need to mute someone audibly, I rarely care what the type either.

XxLegitSaixX
05-23-2010, 08:26 PM
I find that if I need to mute someone audibly, I rarely care what the type either.

Thats not the case for most people, they don't like the voice, not the things they type.

Impaqt
05-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Thats not the case for most people, they don't like the voice, not the things they type.

interesting... I've never foundany one who is a moron in voicechat, but civil if they need to type.

Are you simply talking about the pitch of their voice?

XxLegitSaixX
05-23-2010, 09:51 PM
interesting... I've never foundany one who is a moron in voicechat, but civil if they need to type.

Are you simply talking about the pitch of their voice?

Player 1: Jajajajaj, hjeal hjeal hjeal me!!! -Teh voice of a little 5 year old-

You: Umm.. ****?

Player 1: YOUR MOM!!!111!!1!1 JAJAJAJAJ

I've seen far too many idiots who behave mature via typing then actually talking, and if there is a moron who is uncivil in both forms then a squelch is required but i'm talking about voice mute.

SolarDawning
05-23-2010, 09:59 PM
If someone's voice is annoying me, I just squelch them and don't give it a second thought.
99% of the time, it's because someone is swearing endlessly, or just won't stop talking about completely irrelevant subjects.

Impaqt
05-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Player 1: Jajajajaj, hjeal hjeal hjeal me!!! -Teh voice of a little 5 year old-

You: Umm.. ****?

Player 1: YOUR MOM!!!111!!1!1 JAJAJAJAJ

I've seen far too many idiots who behave mature via typing then actually talking, and if there is a moron who is uncivil in both forms then a squelch is required but i'm talking about voice mute.

Exactly. I have no use for that person in Voice or Text.