PDA

View Full Version : A alternative to standard rolling

Calozz78
05-23-2010, 04:42 PM
I would like the option to have people roll for my Raid Loot like this...

"Roll d100+r, High roll wins.. What does that mean you ask yourself?

It would be a d100 plus how many times you completed the raid (system generated to ensure honesty)

I would like the guy who has been running reavers for 60+ runs to have a better shot at the Head instead of the guy who is on his 6th run.

Once again this would be an optional way to roll

Anyone else think this should be implemented?

Rav'n
05-23-2010, 04:46 PM
You put the Raid together, you make the rules.... of course

1) How you gonna prove someone DIDN"T run 5,798 Reavers?

2) Don't look for too many people to run a 2nd Reaver under you.

eonfreon
05-23-2010, 05:02 PM
If it's your Raid group or your loot make whatever rules you want.
Just remember that "fairness" is pretty subjective.
What if I've run a Raid hundreds of times on my Sorcerer and gave away loot I couldn't use, being generous and helping everyone.
Then I run a Raid for the first time with my Fighter and a friend pulls something I need/want?
By your rules everything I've done before would be irrelevant because it was my first time on this character.
My friend though, who I gave something to before, might disagree with the priorities of your rules. After all it's his loot, why should he listen to your arbitrary idea of "fairness".
Of course, if you state your rules upfront, then folks can decide when they join if they want to go on the Raid with you or not.
And yes, the system already keeps track of how many times your characters run Raids, so I'm sure some app can be created to insure "fair" rolling. Someone already created an app to show Raid timers when not in-game.
Of course it's just another rule with all the baggage attached.
Why should someone who's piked 60 Raids have a higher chance at loot then someone who's contributed and even used pots and scrolls but only done 10 Raids?
Does the Cleric who drank 2 mnemonics get an extra +c for consumables used?
What about scrolls?
Etc, etc.
Just state your rules upfront if it's your Raid or abide by the Raid leaders rules.

Calozz78
05-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Lets use an example to further explain my point.

You have a guy who has ran titan 40 times with no luck in getting the ring. You have a caster who pulls the ring and "understands" he cant make good use of it and puts it up for roll.

IF this was you...do you think or would like the ability to have people roll based on how many times they have completed the raid.

IE Two players roll d100+R (45+40) vs the other guy who rolls (55+7) the guy who rolled worse but had more completions would win the roll

Flaws yes.. it wouldn't work in every case but I would love to have this implemented

Impaqt
05-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Gettign 12 people to agree on this would be Impossible.

Glenalth
05-23-2010, 10:20 PM
This also favors the guy that's run the raid 80 times and already has every other piece of raid loot. The new guys would be screwed.