PDA

View Full Version : RE: Risia crafted weapons

DoctorWhofan
05-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Here is the problem:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=250222

I nearly lost my Risia crafted vorpal. (Not a big deal, you say? with my twinking skills I got 3 frost recipes and no Icy burst ones. I earned those recipes darn it!)

Look. Yeah I should be paying more attention, but after 4 years of having the basic weapons' stats in the NAME, I am conditioned to not to look. I know what vorpal does, and backstabbing, and maiming and so on. I mean, isn't why weapons are not named the Supreme tyrant Longsword of Legion only to do +1 acid of backstabbing. They even have a backround visual referance.

THe Risia ones are a pain. Now I will be paronoid with every cold weapon I own. Lesson learned.

However, Turbine, is it possible to make Risia to appear in the weapon's name? Or something? YOu can change the name outside the original weapon stats. In my case, mine was changed from +3 Vorpal Longsword of backstabbing to +3 Frost Longsword of Backstabbing.

Any weapon that has been changed like that (in the example of my weapon) to read, "+3 Risan Longsword of backstabbing"

Or maybe simpler, differnent background, like a dark blue background with white Icicles. Or something to alert us that we may not wanna sell the weapon.

MrCow
05-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Among the simplest solution for them to do to deal with this problem is for them to display the first prefix modifier in the weapons name (the original prefix) as opposed to the last prefix modifier generated on the weapon (in this case, the Risian Frost). Weapons remember the order in which modifiers were added to them so this would be doable.

I'm not sure if the Risian Frost or Risian Icy Burst is really any different from normal Frost or Icy Burst, so it may not be likely that you can get the weapon to state +3 Risian Longsword of Backstabbing or get a unique graphic.

DoctorWhofan
05-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Among the simplest solution for them to do to deal with this problem is for them to display the first prefix modifier in the weapons name (the original prefix) as opposed to the last prefix modifier generated on the weapon (in this case, the Risian Frost). Weapons remember the order in which modifiers were added to them so this would be doable.

I'm not sure if the Risian Frost or Risian Icy Burst is really any different from normal Frost or Icy Burst, so it may not be likely that you can get the weapon to state +3 Risian Longsword of Backstabbing or get a unique graphic.

Personally, I don't care, as long as I can see that it was differnent.

IronClan
05-23-2010, 11:03 AM
+1 on this just put them back to their original prefix and icon, and is it's really that important maybe append frost/icy burst to the end of the name. Or if they want to get creative maybe put a little snow flake on one corner of the icon. Because of the nature of upgrading these the frost or icy burst is nearly always the lesser effect with the original prefix being stronger.

Almost all my random weapons are frosted or icy bursted across all my characters:
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8184/ddoicy.jpg