PDA

View Full Version : DT armor minor graphic changes

Tapsimanxer
05-22-2010, 01:23 AM
Just acquired my 1st Dragon Touched full plate. Was very excited. What a disappointment!

Not because of the enchantments, but because of its graphics. What I didn't know was it's the same armor graphics with all the other DT full plates out there. Now when I group with other fighters/barbs/pallys wearing the same armor and same helmet (Minos), we look like a battalion of clones.

What I'm suggesting is there be minor graphic changes to the armor/shroud/docent for every different type of enchantment from tempest/eldritch/sovereign rune on the armor. This would also take effect every time you change the enchantment. There would be a lot of combination, making it distinguishable from other full plates.

I'm planning to get the breast plate next, it's not as common as the full plate.

I understand I'm doing the same grind as everyone wanting the DT armor, but at least let me look a little different. If not, maybe you could implement /showarmor off, then we could be a group of naturalists. >.<

nibelung
05-22-2010, 01:31 AM
this is a good idea, dragontouched armor seems very generic looking since so many have it...but it's not as bad as the icy rainments imo, I swear I see EVERYONE in that armor

cdemeritt
05-22-2010, 01:37 AM
Yep, agreed, it is sad that after years of asking for graphical customization, we get generic cloning instead....

was running a SoS a while back, and one guy had a spectacular set of Bright red Armor... I asked him about it, as I thought it might be the new Red Dragon scale FP, He said it was plain old +5 mithral FP.. nothing special... I replied that I'd have a hard time giving up that armor even for the "perfect" DT set.

SardaSlayer
06-09-2010, 11:30 AM
/signed

Original
06-09-2010, 11:45 AM
This was talked about a long time ago... Maybe gems to change the color, etc.

Think we will able able to change armor appearance around the time Druids come out :)