PDA

View Full Version : RangervBarbvFighter TWF

Nightbringer777
05-21-2010, 12:48 PM
So I know the question has been discussed left and right, but I really don't have the time to comb the forums up and down for the answer.

I want to make a TWF, I know Khopesh is apparently the way to go, but I cannot decide on the class.
Ranger seems to get a lot of attacks, Fighter seems to get a lot of crits, and Barbarian seems to just get straight up more damage per hit.

So which is the most efficient DPS-wise? What are raids usually looking for when they recruit? What will allow me to melt faces off?

Thanks in advance!

grodon9999
05-21-2010, 01:15 PM
So which is the most efficient DPS-wise? What are raids usually looking for when they recruit? What will allow me to melt faces off?

All of the above. Don't forget Paladins also.

I'm not trying to be a wise ass, but as a proud owner of an Exploiter Ranger I have to tell you TWFing is great. TWF Kensais and barbs are animals who will do more damage than the ranger but there are trade-offs (whose value is debatable come end-game).

Rangers: Easiest to be self sufficient. Has a decent amount of self-healing and are also great with bows when needed. For TWFs and 18/1/1 ranger can get the best defense (my AC is between 66-83 depending on buffs). 18/1/1 Ranger/rogue/Monk can also have fully-trained rogue skills and UMD. You will not have as many hitpoints as barbs and fighters and in Epic your AC will be useless so you need to be wary of that. You will also not do as much damage as TWF fighters or barbs.

Kensai fighters: Either fighter 20 or 12/6/2 fighter/Ranger/monk or rogue. Will do more damage than the ranger but will have either none or very little spell ability (if splashed). Your tactics can rule, trip, stunning blow, etc. Pure fighters don't have evasion but their swing-speed is amazing. You likely will not have as many HP as a barbarian but it is highly debabtable who has the higher damage output.

Barbarians: Pure raging animals. Without TONS of gold on potions they lack self-sufficiency. When they rage many potions won't even work so they will need somebody removing curses, etc . . . The fighter can hit AC do be decent enough to work even in the Vale, the barb will be lucky if he's getting missed while still in the harbor. Damage output is probably the highest, depends on who you ask.

Don't forget rogues who can do obscene damage in sneak attack, paladins, etc . . .

tihocan
05-21-2010, 01:23 PM
So which is the most efficient DPS-wise?
There's no universal "best", they can all be great DPS. Play whichever you enjoy playing most.