PDA

View Full Version : Thief Acrobat Questions

Bacab
05-21-2010, 04:41 AM
I have looked and looked and looked for this info.

I read the Big F'n Stick Build...really liked it a LOT.

I read Impaqt's Theif Acrobat build...but it was a dual-wielder.

I am just kinda confused how the haste boost with a staff works.

Maybe I can get some help?

Ok here are my questions.

How much haste/alaclarity boost is given with Thief Acrobat I? How much with THF-Acro II?

How much haste boost is given with Wind Stance? Wind Stance II?

Do the haste/alaclarity boost stack with the spell Haste?

I read something about DEX being applied to THF-Acrobat. Does that just mean they are making quarterstaves a finessable weapon?

Are there any plans on THF-Acro III anytime soon?

Do the alaclarity boosts from THF-Acro and wind stance stack with a Docent of Quickening?

Also I was thinking about taking my levels for my proposed build this way.
1 ROG
2 ROG
3 MNK (Vet status and want to start with "Devotion" handwraps" and windstance)
4 ROG
5 ROG
6 ROG
7 ROG (Unlock Thief-Acrobat 1 here)
8 FTR (or RNG for sprint boost or maybe even ranger earlier in my career for wand usage?)
9 MNK
10 MNK
11 MNK
12 ROG (get skills caught up)
13 MNK
14 MNK
15-20 ROG

Final Proposed build would be 13ROG/6MNK/1FTR(or RNG or any other options?) Maybe even 13ROG/7MNK?

I am thinking either Human for the healing amp and skill points and 2 stat enhancements and of course bonus feat.

Or WF for power attack and I am hoping maybe the Juggernaut will be nice and work with this. Also immunities and hopefully WF 2HF gets fixed one day.

Any and all input is appreciated. Also if this has been hashed out before, a link would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time in reading this.

Rusty_Can
05-21-2010, 05:54 AM
I read Impaqt's Theif Acrobat build...but it was a dual-wielder.

Given the current implementation, Acrobat rogues still deliver higher damage dual-wielding than using Quarterstaves. Only flavor-builds go the QS-route.

I read something about DEX being applied to THF-Acrobat. Does that just mean they are making quarterstaves a finessable weapon?

Some information about Update 5 were released in the past few days: the current plan is to add DEX modifier to damage of QS sneak-attacks for Acrobat I (reference: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=248658&highlight=compiled+information).

Quarterstaves are not finesse weapons and I hope they will never be. However, there are some oddballs, such as Breeze (http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/jgould2005/DDO/Unlimited/Items/Weapons/Breeze.jpg).

Rydin_Dirtay
05-21-2010, 06:38 PM
How much haste/alaclarity boost is given with Thief Acrobat I? How much with THF-Acro II?

Offhand I do not know the %, but I can tell you that Thief-Acrobat II adds a noticeable boost to the attack speed with a Quarterstaff.

Do the haste/alaclarity boost stack with the spell Haste?

Rogue/Fighter Haste Boost does yes. I do not know about the QStaff alacrity, but it does appear to stack with haste as well. My Thief-Acrobat II rogue really swings the QStaff *fast* with all her boosts + haste going.

Are there any plans on THF-Acro III anytime soon?

Not that I know of. But see Rusty Can's post. Thief Acrobat may get some changes.

Final Proposed build would be 13ROG/6MNK/1FTR(or RNG or any other options?) Maybe even 13ROG/7MNK?

If you go wf, I'd probably not take Ranger 1. Sprint Boost is nice though. If you go human then it would depend on your feat situation. If you really need the Fighter feat then that makes your decision for you.

Maldavenous
05-21-2010, 11:01 PM
I'm pretty certain you'll still deal more damage TWF than QS in update 5 but TA will be getting DEX Mod to Sneak Attack damage according to what I've seen. That means my TA will be hitting ~80 sneak attack damage on every swing which will be a lot of fun.

Yshkabibble
05-22-2010, 12:08 AM
I am curious about making a Thief Acrobat, but I just don't see what benefits this gets you over the other options. Other than flavor or RP purposes, where is the benefit?

Narzic
05-22-2010, 12:12 AM
I am curious about making a Thief Acrobat, but I just don't see what benefits this gets you over the other options. Other than flavor or RP purposes, where is the benefit?

personally i love the immunity to slippery surfaces/knockdowns...

beyond that though there isn't much there yet...

Bacab
05-22-2010, 07:16 AM
Well this is kinda a flavor thing for me. I just really like the quarterstaff animation TBH.

I have also seen good Thief-Acrobats do really well, but yeah seems 2WF is the way to go for damage.

I have also collected some cool staves so far that are BtA (2 different Rahl's Might and a Dream Spitter)

The more I looked into it. I think I have settled on a 13ROG/7MNK

13 ROG for Thief-Acrobat 2 (at 12) and 13 for that extra ROG special feat

7 MNK gets me the second tier of Improved Recovery and Wholeness of Body. 6 MNK gets Windstance 2 of course.

Now to decide on the feats and race.

Human nets me 23 more Skill points (4 more at Level 1 and 19 after that). A bonus feat, and more Improved Recovery. Also have more options with my stats. Since I do not want to dump CHR (UMD and etc) and I do not want to dump WIS (AC bonus and saves). It feels like I am getting way better stats. Also human gets those 2 random stat increases. Also I think with some nice feats and DEX/WIS my AC could be respectable.

Warforged gets me extra CON/HP. Warforged Power Attack. Maybe one day WF Juggernaut will sync with this well? Maybe one day they will "fix" WF 2HF. WF immunities. I really like Docent of Quickening. Not sure if it stacks with other stuff.

To me it seems the Human will self-heal way better, but the WF gets more DPS.

I am pretty much sold on the Human for this build. Now just to plan it out and build it.

Thank you everyone for the advice and info.

jeremyt
05-24-2010, 11:44 AM
well, if you go WF id definitely recommend the 13/7 split for the extra healing amp/wholeness of body, but APs will be tight when WF glancing blow enhancements are fixed, and the monk healing amp is pretty spendy, so will probably be ditched. (what im running and he is a pretty capable turbo robot of whirling stick)

Interesting idea with the ranger level with the human build. 1st level of ranger gets an extra 2 ref saves over 1st lev of fighter as well. Thats pretty big!

Geonis
05-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Well this is kinda a flavor thing for me. I just really like the quarterstaff animation TBH.

I have also seen good Thief-Acrobats do really well, but yeah seems 2WF is the way to go for damage.

I have also collected some cool staves so far that are BtA (2 different Rahl's Might and a Dream Spitter)

The more I looked into it. I think I have settled on a 13ROG/7MNK

13 ROG for Thief-Acrobat 2 (at 12) and 13 for that extra ROG special feat

7 MNK gets me the second tier of Improved Recovery and Wholeness of Body. 6 MNK gets Windstance 2 of course.

Now to decide on the feats and race.

Human nets me 23 more Skill points (4 more at Level 1 and 19 after that). A bonus feat, and more Improved Recovery. Also have more options with my stats. Since I do not want to dump CHR (UMD and etc) and I do not want to dump WIS (AC bonus and saves). It feels like I am getting way better stats. Also human gets those 2 random stat increases. Also I think with some nice feats and DEX/WIS my AC could be respectable.

Warforged gets me extra CON/HP. Warforged Power Attack. Maybe one day WF Juggernaut will sync with this well? Maybe one day they will "fix" WF 2HF. WF immunities. I really like Docent of Quickening. Not sure if it stacks with other stuff.

To me it seems the Human will self-heal way better, but the WF gets more DPS.

I am pretty much sold on the Human for this build. Now just to plan it out and build it.

Thank you everyone for the advice and info.

Have you thought about Halfling?

I know it sounds odd, but that's what I went with and not disappointed in the least.

You basically give up 1 point of damage (from Str) for +6-8 more while sneak attacking.

Started with 15 Str and all level ups into Str.

When I'm done (need a ToD ring for Exc Str 2), I'll be standing 30 Str and 30 Dex in Wind stance. :D