PDA

View Full Version : Chaosguard + Planar Gird stacking

Slugnutty
05-18-2010, 08:02 AM
Chaos guard +2 Dodge bonus to AC (which I see when I put them on) and +2 Deflection bonus to AC from Chaotic, +2 resistance bonus to saves from Chaotic

Planar Gird + 2 Deflection bonus to AC from Chaotic, +2 resistance bonus to saves from Chaotic

While I do not see the AC increase when I'm standing in the Inn adding and removing them (except for the +2 dodge from the Chaos guard) do the other +2's stack to give me a total of+6 bonus to AC against Chaotic - when fighting Chaotic?
(For that matter does the +4 resistance bonus to saves from Chaotic stack also?)

Thanks - slightly confused.

JustWinBaby
05-18-2010, 08:12 AM
Dodge Bonuses, that are different amounts, stack. A +2 Dodge bonus will not stack with a +2 Dodge bonus. A +2 Dodge Bonus will stack with a +3 Dodge bonus.

There's Dodge, Deflection, and Resistance bonuses. All different types of bonuses will stack with each other.

Other than Dodge, no other same-type bonus stacks.

Slugnutty
05-18-2010, 09:35 AM
Ah haaa
OK so having the pair is redundant and do not stack.
And as the Chaos Guard have the addition of Dodge over the Gird.... looks like it wins.

Thanks.....

Now where do I find that Chattering ring.........

nytewolf
05-18-2010, 09:44 AM
You find it in the Twilight Forge Raid but it has an extremely low drop rate be ready for a major grind unless you get extremely lucky.

Loki
05-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Dodge Bonuses, that are different amounts, stack. A +2 Dodge bonus will not stack with a +2 Dodge bonus. A +2 Dodge Bonus will stack with a +3 Dodge bonus.

There's Dodge, Deflection, and Resistance bonuses. All different types of bonuses will stack with each other.

Other than Dodge, no other same-type bonus stacks.
This rule is baffling. Was this introduced to nerf crafting? After all, each non-crafted Dodge item in the game has a different +, and only one of those could be worn twice simultaneously (it never stacked with itself anyway) so what's the point of this?

And while we're at it, can anyone explain why they allowed Dodge to be a bonus on items in the first place? I'm not an Eberron expert, but I don't recall this deviation from d20 SRD being part of the setting.

Lorien_the_First_One
05-18-2010, 10:36 AM
This rule is baffling. Was this introduced to nerf crafting? After all, each non-crafted Dodge item in the game has a different +, and only one of those could be worn twice simultaneously (it never stacked with itself anyway) so what's the point of this?

I imagine they didn't want to create even more stacking bonues to AC than they already had.

And while we're at it, can anyone explain why they allowed Dodge to be a bonus on items in the first place? I'm not an Eberron expert, but I don't recall this deviation from d20 SRD being part of the setting.

You are correct, from the SRD: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/thebasics.htm

Dodge bonuses are never granted by spells or magic items

Fomori
05-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Ah haaa
OK so having the pair is redundant and do not stack.
And as the Chaos Guard have the addition of Dodge over the Gird.... looks like it wins. Dont forget that the planar gird has the 11 min clicky of GH. For self buffing types without access to arcane spells, its golden.