PDA

View Full Version : A few high level general questions...

Sethus
05-18-2010, 02:44 AM
Ok. So this evening i took my first few steps into the Vale and Meridia. Good times. Lot's of exp. I had a good group who was answering my slew of questions but i was still left hanging on a few things. (I've been playing the game for about 8 months now but i just went p2p. I had bought a few packs before this and got to know them well, but this area seems like a whole new ballgame)

1) How hard is it to collect all the items you need in Tor? (I know it's not Vale related, but i went there for a moment and figured out i had some work to do)

2) Is the only way to get to Meridia to bind then kill yourself? I know you can be teleported there but is there another way as well other than these 2?

3) Do you need to get flagged for VoD and HoX?

4) Where do you find the greensteel items?

5) Where do you combine the 5 parts you get in the quests you do in the Vale to get flagged for the raid?

Thank you anyone who decides to answer all this. i'm sure when i check back and read what has been written i'll probably have more questions as well. Thank you to all who take the time to help educate me about this. I just felt so damn lost last night and i want to be an asset to anyone i happen to group with while i'm in these new areas.

blitzschlag
05-18-2010, 02:51 AM
1) you don't need any items from tor. can you elaborate what you thought of?
2) you can always walk. dying is not too bad if you do it from a tavern (because you get no item damage if you /death from a tavern).
3)no flagging needed
4) you can't find em. you have to craft em. for that you need a complete stone (one part of each vale quest) and various vale ingrediants. check your favorite crafting calculator for what you need and how you craft.
5) below the tavern in meridia

Sethus
05-18-2010, 02:59 AM
Cool Blitz. thank you for gettin back.

As far as that first question is concerned i'm under the impression you have to find 20 of some different relics so you can do certain quests? I wanted to join a group tonight but i couldn't run with them as i hadn't returned the 20 of 3 different things. I believe one of them is the elf relic, and i forget the 2 others. Make a bit more sense now?

Tapsimanxer
05-18-2010, 03:09 AM
Ok. So this evening i took my first few steps into the Vale and Meridia. Good times. Lot's of exp. I had a good group who was answering my slew of questions but i was still left hanging on a few things. (I've been playing the game for about 8 months now but i just went p2p. I had bought a few packs before this and got to know them well, but this area seems like a whole new ballgame)

1) How hard is it to collect all the items you need in Tor? (I know it's not Vale related, but i went there for a moment and figured out i had some work to do)

2) Is the only way to get to Meridia to bind then kill yourself? I know you can be teleported there but is there another way as well other than these 2?

3) Do you need to get flagged for VoD and HoX?

4) Where do you find the greensteel items?

5) Where do you combine the 5 parts you get in the quests you do in the Vale to get flagged for the raid?

Thank you anyone who decides to answer all this. i'm sure when i check back and read what has been written i'll probably have more questions as well. Thank you to all who take the time to help educate me about this. I just felt so damn lost last night and i want to be an asset to anyone i happen to group with while i'm in these new areas.

I know how it feels stepping in there for the first time after playing already playing for months. I was so in awe of everything, after reading stuff about it in here, I almost forgot my playing strategies. Felt like a new player for a few minutes.

1. If you mean flagging for the reavers bane raid, you need to do 3 walk-up quests within ruins of gh and collect 20 of each 3 types of relics found in chests, either rares or end chests, surrender them to proper npc. that gets you in Tor quest, which is the pre-raid (also called scales run) wiki -->> http://ddowiki.com/page/The_Reaver%27s_Bane

collecting the relics was fun and easy, especially getting them from rares. better than farming for taps in orchard. and xp was good too.

2. yeah, the easiest way to get there w/o GT is /death, especially if youve joined a pug for shroud and its already a raid group. cant get in the vale when in a raid group.

3. as he said ^^

4. you craft them. very long engagement with vale. check here http://ddowiki.com/page/The_Thirteenth_Eclipse

5. theres a gate in the middle of the tower in meridia leading to an altar. see wiki again ^^

happy trails :)

blitzschlag
05-18-2010, 03:17 AM
Cool Blitz. thank you for gettin back.

As far as that first question is concerned i'm under the impression you have to find 20 of some different relics so you can do certain quests? I wanted to join a group tonight but i couldn't run with them as i hadn't returned the 20 of 3 different things. I believe one of them is the elf relic, and i forget the 2 others. Make a bit more sense now?

flagging for the reavers fate raid includes:

getting 20 of each giant, dragon and elven relics. those relics can be found as follows:
giant : maze of madness, trial by fire and madstone crater (end chest in madstone crater has 1-3 relics)
dragon: foundation of discord, a cry for help, prison of the planes (pop end chest has 1-3 relics)
elven: a cabal for one, feast of famine and the crucible (crucible end chests can all have 1 relic)

rare encounters in gianthold slayer area all have the chance to have relics. those are random i think. might be possible theyre related to the mobtype though.

when you done all the 3 major quests (crucible, madstone crater, prison of the planes) and have 20 of each relics you talk to cragg(spelling?) and get the quest update for gianthold tor (its a 6man preraid that has to be done once in fullness). you finish the quest and kill each of the 3 dragons (with its corresponding giant) and become perma flagged for the reavers fate raid.

Sethus
05-18-2010, 03:25 AM
Thank you Blitz and Taps both. That gives me some good starting points. I'll need to start workin on Gianthold then and i think i'll be needing to make a trip to the 12 soon so i can get the tutorial done and get my ingredients bag for the the greensteel crafting. Guess i got some goals now.

Thanks again guys. Happy hunting out there.

Chukasil
05-19-2010, 09:41 AM
when you done all the 3 major quests (crucible, madstone crater, prison of the planes) and have 20 of each relics you talk to cragg(spelling?) and get the quest update for gianthold tor (its a 6man preraid that has to be done once in fullness). you finish the quest and kill each of the 3 dragons (with its corresponding giant) and become perma flagged for the reavers fate raid.

I thought you had to re-run Tor before getting to do Reaver's again. Can someone confirm/deny?

Kintro
05-19-2010, 09:44 AM
I thought you had to re-run Tor before getting to do Reaver's again. Can someone confirm/deny?

Denied.

sigtrent
05-19-2010, 09:48 AM

The only think you need to do is collect your end reward and wait 3 days.

sigtrent
05-19-2010, 09:51 AM

You can run out there from the Vale entrance in the 12.
You can bind and then /death
You can be greater teleported by someone else
You can cast teleport yourself there (there are various ways to do this
You can recall from the vale to Meridia if you started there.
You can be summoned there with a friends bracelet.

And I think that's about it