PDA

View Full Version : Fresh New Plea (to fix some things)

Mikeeys
05-18-2010, 12:44 AM
Time to totally FIX your @!#@$ Turbine. lotta things still broken, most things ppl can get around or avoid but 2 things that are bugged that REALLY need fixing.

1. Reavers Refuge Instances: problem: WAY TO MUCH INGAME LAG solution: totally restart and matinence clean those servers

2. THE SHROUD!: more than enuff said! peroid!!! 1. Portal instance LAGSPIKES From hell! solutoin: TIME TO REVAMP! 2a. ALTERS (zerg clicking) Solution: Leader of raid should ONLY have access to clicking alter to advance quest, especially last alter so people can have access to d-door if they are not completing. 2b. Disconection protection!!! if a group is on part 5 (endfight/game) and and they disconnect due to a lagout and are not able to relog back on and wanted to recall, a forced completion should NOT be applied at all at anytime PEROID!!!!

i feel (hope ) i speak for others that see these issues as a problem also

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Turbine it would be nice to see these things and many other issues already stated by others being fixed once and for all, we all can wait for update 5? 6? what ever we are on now waiting to happen it would be nice to see what we have fixed before seeing new content added new content equals more bugs more problems that will be added to the list of things not fixed and that just equals a bigger hole that is already been dug and getting deeper by the day

of course this is the forums prolly the grammer/ puncuation(sp?) nazis are gonna talk outta the sides of their necks tear this post all apart others also prolly gonna try to twist later post/replies to their own doing and go totally off this subject and things still wont be resolved but im gonna gamble and try this plea one more time FIX THINGS before advancing content it would make our game that much more enjoyable

sigtrent
05-18-2010, 01:29 AM
I rather doubt the common practice of leaving the shroud before completion was part of the game design so re-working the quest to make that more reliable is likely not on their to-do list.

I can understand its an issue for some folks but it seems a strange on to me. The shroud lag on the other hand, pretty beastly and there must be some way to handle that somehow or at least give players a "lag report" on what to expect. I had a real clean one the other night, but the one before that was the worst lag I've ever seen in the game.

PowerOfRaistlin
05-18-2010, 02:01 AM
i actually had a thought earlier today. if the altars in shroud were turned into a switch/rune/etc style activation where there is an animation/delay in using them it would solve a lot of problems and make a lot of people happier. i couldn't imagine it would be too difficult to change that minor part of the coding.

the benefits would be enormous. if a person does happen to hit it accidentally, it gives them a chance of reacting and thus stopping or someone else could see what darn halfling rogue keeps being a trickster!

Gelmir87
05-18-2010, 02:12 AM
I rather doubt the common practice of leaving the shroud before completion was part of the game design

In actuality, leaving before the quest is completed was never part of the design. So before you start complaining, think about how it was designed. Second, I run Shroud a lot, and the lag has gotten 10 times better than it used to be. I'm thankful that it's at least better. Third, a completion is a good thing. More larges, closer to tomes/cleansers, and IMO, 3 days is not that much time to wait...

These things are all minor problems to what really needs to be fixed... The quest log and favor lists...

Turbine, if you do nothing else, please fix this dang issue with not being allowed to see you favor or quests until you log in and out a couple times. SOOOO annoying... Thanks! ^_^

PowerOfRaistlin
05-18-2010, 02:29 AM
In actuality, leaving before the quest is completed was never part of the design. So before you start complaining, think about how it was designed. Second, I run Shroud a lot, and the lag has gotten 10 times better than it used to be. I'm thankful that it's at least better. Third, a completion is a good thing. More larges, closer to tomes/cleansers, and IMO, 3 days is not that much time to wait...

These things are all minor problems to what really needs to be fixed... The quest log and favor lists...

Turbine, if you do nothing else, please fix this dang issue with not being allowed to see you favor or quests until you log in and out a couple times. SOOOO annoying... Thanks! ^_^

that would be another aspect of the server lag. its like when you visit a web site and an image doesn't load. of course you want to see that beautiful woman, so you are going to refresh until you do. ;).

TechNoFear
05-18-2010, 02:43 AM
1. Reavers Refuge Instances: problem: WAY TO MUCH INGAME LAG solution: totally restart and matinence clean those servers

I do not think that the different areas of the game are hosted on different machines (eg it is not possible to reboot the RR server).

If you are having lag in the Reavers Refuge then it may be an issue external to the DDO servers (your connection, ISP etc). I have only got lag in the RR in one spot in SoS (ice bridge).

2a. ALTERS (zerg clicking) Solution: Leader of raid should ONLY have access to clicking alter to advance quest, especially last alter so people can have access to d-door if they are not completing.

So if the leader decides not to compete then no one can? See the potential for 1 player to grief 11 others here?

In nearly 100 Shroud runs I have only seen the altar clicked once before people could recall. So I do not think valuable dev time should be spent on this (instead of getting more PrEs released for example).

2b. Disconection protection!!! if a group is on part 5 (endfight/game) and and they disconnect due to a lagout and are not able to relog back on and wanted to recall, a forced completion should NOT be applied at all at anytime PEROID!!!!

I am link dead during the clicking of the altar in part 5 I do not get a completion, even if I wanted to, with no way to get one?

Part of the issue here is the time it takes for the DDO server to decide your connection is dead. This time-out (or TTL 'time to live') is required or as soon as your connection becomes the slightest bit unstable (stops sending for a few 1,00s of a second) you would be disconnected and have to restart the DDO client.

i feel (hope ) i speak for others that see these issues as a problem also

Sorry I do not want the changes you propose to be made.

I would like the lag fixed but it does not effect my play that much, even though I play from the other side of the world (to the US).

Content is much more important to me and I believe that if the lag could 'easily' be fixed it would have been already.