PDA

View Full Version : Another list of suggestions.

Missing_Minds
05-17-2010, 04:27 PM
That time of year again. As per previous times, they are suggestions only, I'm not advocating that these ideas MUST be done, let alone verbatim. It is more a hope that that maybe something gets some ideas flowing.

Revisit the lvl 10 Invaders quest with the 20 Outsider Tokens for loot.

The Ring of Balance is currently :(Ring) Dismissal (CL:7, 3/rest), Balance +13, Stability, Natural Armor Bonus +2

Change the ring such that instead of dismissal 3/rest it has 1 click of Freedom of Movement. It fits into the name better.

-----------------------------

The Body Feeder attribute. Currently it is a straight up 15 temp hp for 1 minute.

Would it be over powering to make body feeder give more temp hp based on multiplier?

x2 weapon gives 15.
x3 weapon gives 25
x4 weapon gives 35.

Shields.

Let those using a small, large, or tower shield NOT get bashed/tossed about by giants swinging. Or make it part of the Shield Mastery feat.

Let the passive DR of a shield stack with the passive DR of the character/armor. (I say character as some have DR such as WF, barbs, monks in mountain stance.) Now granted this could be a coding nightmare due to the different "types" of DR, and the only DR on shields for the moment is adamantine.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/arcaneSpells.htm#addingSpellstoaSorcerersorBardsRe pertoire

It could be interesting if sorcs and bards could gain access to spells they didn't know via quests.
I've always felt that the DDO version of knock should be on a bard's spell list as it does not preform true to PnP.
It could be a way for people to gain access to some of the other spells that don't come on scrolls. Like Master's Touch. Run a quest, have it added to your known spell list, or possible spell list.
I realize not the best description of what I'm suggestion, but I know you'll get the idea.

It is just another possible mechanic, nothing more.

Paladins and auras:
Why not make some gear to help give paladin auras a boost. Things to give them higher fear saves, concentration, AC, hate. Right now only Paladins and Radiant PrE have auras.
While I'd love to see a "+1 to all auras", that could introduce some interesting AC builds with bulwark. But at this stage, would it really hurt anything?

You could double up on "sacred", "hallowed", and "eternal faith" to make it more useful. +1 to saves and/or AC auras, +2 to all other auras or some like.

Outfits and robes. We have lots of very COLORFUL robes. Where are the colorful outfits? Where are the ninja gis? Where are the "headbands" Where are outfits/docents that will complement the animal stances. Such as wearing the Turtle outfit gives a character a turtle shell on their back. (there better darn well be a WF docent for this or people will be mad.) The swan with feathery plumes, etc.

VIP change. Make respects/changes of feats and enhancements only take 1.5 - 2 days.

Add to store: Improved Feat respec. Cost of shard + 300 TP. Allows you to respec without waiting 3 days for the next respec.

Add in "wand enhancements" to items. Allow us more bang for the charge with wands. Or heighten, etc.

New weapon. The Halfling Skip Rock. You already have the pathing solved due to Electric Loop. Why not put it in? Halfing granted auto proficiency of course.

Add more quivers to the game. Looking for enchantments? Have them create arrows or bolts. (see Flame Arrow tech). I.E. 3 clicks of create a stack of 100 masterwork normal arrows. Or 3 clicks of 20 stack of arrows that do bludgeoning damage. Allow these creations to create arrow and bolts equally.

Kistilan
05-17-2010, 05:19 PM
That time of year again. As per previous times, they are suggestions only, I'm not advocating that these ideas MUST be done, let alone verbatim. It is more a hope that that maybe something gets some ideas flowing.

Revisit the lvl 10 Invaders quest with the 20 Outsider Tokens for loot.

The Ring of Balance is currently :(Ring) Dismissal (CL:7, 3/rest), Balance +13, Stability, Natural Armor Bonus +2

Change the ring such that instead of dismissal 3/rest it has 1 click of Freedom of Movement. It fits into the name better.

The Body Feeder attribute. Currently it is a straight up 15 temp hp for 1 minute.

Would it be over powering to make body feeder give more temp hp based on multiplier?

x2 weapon gives 15.
x3 weapon gives 25
x4 weapon gives 35.

Shields.

Let those using a small, large, or tower shield NOT get bashed/tossed about by giants swinging. Or make it part of the Shield Mastery feat.

Let the passive DR of a shield stack with the passive DR of the character/armor. (I say character as some have DR such as WF, barbs, monks in mountain stance.) Now granted this could be a coding nightmare due to the different "types" of DR, and the only DR on shields for the moment is adamantine.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/arcaneSpells.htm#addingSpellstoaSorcerersorBardsRe pertoire

It could be interesting if sorcs and bards could gain access to spells they didn't know via quests.
I've always felt that the DDO version of knock should be on a bard's spell list as it does not preform true to PnP.
It could be a way for people to gain access to some of the other spells that don't come on scrolls. Like Master's Touch. Run a quest, have it added to your known spell list, or possible spell list.
I realize not the best description of what I'm suggestion, but I know you'll get the idea.

It is just another possible mechanic, nothing more.

Paladins and auras:
Why not make some gear to help give paladin auras a boost. Things to give them higher fear saves, concentration, AC, hate. Right now only Paladins and Radiant PrE have auras.
While I'd love to see a "+1 to all auras", that could introduce some interesting AC builds with bulwark. But at this stage, would it really hurt anything?

You could double up on "sacred", "hallowed", and "eternal faith" to make it more useful. +1 to saves and/or AC auras, +2 to all other auras or some like.

Outfits and robes. We have lots of very COLORFUL robes. Where are the colorful outfits? Where are the ninja gis? Where are the "headbands" Where are outfits/docents that will complement the animal stances. Such as wearing the Turtle outfit gives a character a turtle shell on their back. (there better darn well be a WF docent for this or people will be mad.) The swan with feathery plumes, etc.

VIP change. Make respects/changes of feats and enhancements only take 1.5 - 2 days.

Add to store: Improved Feat respec. Cost of shard + 300 TP. Allows you to respec without waiting 3 days for the next respec.

Add in "wand enhancements" to items. Allow us more bang for the charge with wands. Or heighten, etc.

New weapon. The Halfling Skip Rock. You already have the pathing solved due to Electric Loop. Why not put it in? Halfing granted auto proficiency of course.

Add more quivers to the game. Looking for enchantments? Have them create arrows or bolts. (see Flame Arrow tech). I.E. 3 clicks of create a stack of 100 masterwork normal arrows. Or 3 clicks of 20 stack of arrows that do bludgeoning damage. Allow these creations to create arrow and bolts equally.

/signed

And in Red: AWESOME. Finally, you might not toss a dwarf, but at least you can toss a stone to hit 10 of them with a +2 returning firestone of greater dorf banishing in VoN 5 EPIC! :eek::D:)

Please make halfling tossers useful.