PDA

View Full Version : Mentor System

Glaceon2010
05-17-2010, 05:41 AM
Much the same way Everquest 2's mentor system works, a Mentor system in DDO would be a cool idea.

Basically, you would be able to "Mentor" a player (right click group members name and click mentor), which would allow you to assume the same level as the targeted player.

This would allow people to scale down and accompany friends/lowbies on quests/raids/wilderness areas without impacting their XP. It could also scale down the experience, and allow experience gain - just at a slower rate.

As I said, Everquest 2 does it, and I think it would help people find raid groups at low levels also.

Any thoughts?

Visty
05-17-2010, 05:43 AM
dont know everquest but id think ddo is more complex then that regarding to builds and thus will make problems with the downleveling

besides that its a nice suggestion which was made many times befor

a problem with it: new players which dont learn now wont learn anything with this system either

Scalion
05-17-2010, 05:48 AM
I play eq2 and mentoring is fun and works well in EQ2. A mentored character in EQ2 is quite overpowered though, and bringing an overpowered character to a dungeon in ddo would trivialize it a little too much.