PDA

View Full Version : DDO Ripoff store

Valkenr
05-15-2010, 11:57 PM
Yeah great game so far, played for a few days, one HUGE problem with you guys.

Monk + Favored soul: 1590 pts... $19.50 = 1550 pts
$19.50/1550pt = $.1258/pt .... 1590pts * $.1258 = $20(+3/10 of a cent)
Rip off? I think yes...
This says one thing: "We are going to make you pay more than you want."

Get rid of the bull **** token system for purchasing from the DDO store. Cursing is justified here, i don't care if it offends anyone, it properly gets the point across.

If i want to buy 1 thing, I only want to pay for that one thing. This point system drops you guys down to the level of "Korean power grinder" because all the south east asian mmos use this same **** system to rip of customers.

If you aren't willing to drop the token system, let us choose how much we buy to the single digit. you can scale your "bonus" to the amount, the equation will take 1 min to create based off of your current data.

The funny part is you will make more money if you don't make people overpay, because more people will buy things if they don't have to overspend for that one thing they want.

Other than that gj

Yeah, and i don't care if there is already a topic about this, or if there are a lot of topics about this. If either of these are so, the point needs to be brought across stronger. So there is no need to waste you time telling me so.

xEthreal
05-15-2010, 11:59 PM
/signed

XxLegitSaixX
05-15-2010, 11:59 PM

Rip off? I think yes...

Get rid of the bull **** token system for purchasing from the DDO store. Cursing is justified here, i don't care if it offends anyone, it properly gets the point across.

If i want to buy 1 thing, I only want to pay for that one thing. This point system drops you guys down to the level of "Korean power grinder" because all the south east asian mmos use this same **** system to rip of customers.

If you aren't willing to drop the token system, let us choose how much we buy to the single digit. you can scale your "bonus" to the amount, the equation will take 1 min to create based off of your current data.

The funny part is you will make more money if you don't make people overpay, because more people will buy things if they don't have to overspend for that one thing they want.

Other than that gj

Yeah, and i don't care if there is already a topic about this, or if there are a lot of topics about this. If either of these are so, the point needs to be brought across stronger. So there is no need to waste you time telling me so.

We got money to blowww!!!

Jk'ing yes its a large ripoff, im surprised that this game didn't turn out like any other ****** mmo right now. It's because the bonus thing they have attracts more people, when really it is a ripoff.

/signed

If only this game had WoW premium mechanics, where its only monthly payment + free and the rest of the stuff you grind for, maybe it'd be more fair.

azrael4h
05-16-2010, 12:24 AM
Tip: You get TP for earning Favor. Every 100 points of Favor, you get 25 turbine points. First characters on a server also get bonus points before hitting 100. Create a toon, run it up to 100 Favor, on a server you haven't ran yet. You've just got enough points to just buy Monk and FvS. No extra money spent beyond your $20.

You can hit 100 Favor in a day, so pick a Saturday, roll something, and get to work. There are even groups who do nothing but grind for favor, in order to circumvent paying any money for anything. Find one, and join in for awhile. If you really have time, you can repeatedly run to 100 favor, delete character and start again. Takes a long while to get anywhere doing that, but then it's free, and you can earn enough to buy whatever you want.

Tapsimanxer
05-16-2010, 12:41 AM
Tip: You get TP for earning Favor. Every 100 points of Favor, you get 25 turbine points. First characters on a server also get bonus points before hitting 100. Create a toon, run it up to 100 Favor, on a server you haven't ran yet. You've just got enough points to just buy Monk and FvS. No extra money spent beyond your $20.

You can hit 100 Favor in a day, so pick a Saturday, roll something, and get to work. There are even groups who do nothing but grind for favor, in order to circumvent paying any money for anything. Find one, and join in for awhile. If you really have time, you can repeatedly run to 100 favor, delete character and start again. Takes a long while to get anywhere doing that, but then it's free, and you can earn enough to buy whatever you want.

this is true. i dont consider TP as equivalent to real money as converting $$=TP to how much you payed for. you pay $19.99 for playing the game, and thats it. because while playing the game you get TP as a reward. you also paid for that because you played the game. so the amount of TP you get for your moneys worth is really up to you.

Antheal
05-16-2010, 12:45 AM
You could do what I do and just pretend Monks and Favoured Souls don't exist in this game...

KillEveryone
05-16-2010, 10:46 AM
You can also unlock favored soul for free. You have to hit 2500 favor but you don't have to purchase them at all.

cdbd3rd
05-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Get rid of the bull **** token system for purchasing from the DDO store. Cursing is justified here, i don't care if it offends anyone, ....

K, so you don't care about offending anyone else, so why would anyone else care about your opinion of store prices? :rolleyes: (Not the best way to make your first-post intro to the community.)

You're upset because you can't buy two classes at once when you can only play one of them at a time.
Your solution has already been posted as to how to gain your classes by gaining a few more TPs without additional cost. Buy one class & play it to 100 favor, buy the other.

Keikelajin
05-16-2010, 11:01 AM
You can also unlock favored soul for free. You have to hit 2500 favor but you don't have to purchase them at all.

You won't be getting anywhere near that with a F2P, no pack-buying account.

The prices in the DDO store may seem or even be high, but there are sales that bring some things in to a reasonable range. I unlocked monk for free simply by grinding out the bonus favor on all servers.

Lorz
05-16-2010, 11:01 AM
And of course OP. You don't have to play.

Sorry either accept the way it is or move along, move along, like ya know you should.

Durion
05-16-2010, 11:09 AM

Rip off? I think yes...

Other than that gj

Really? So, you're complaining because spending $20 is a ripoff to get a class you want, but even after the fact that Turbine is letting you play their game for free? Guess what, get off the easy button horse and work to get your classes for FREE.

Or, you could be a lazy ass and cry because you can't get everything for free up front. (Cursing is justified here as this post is pretty much useless as the OP, being brand new to the game and not having a ****ing clue as to what he's talking about, is crying about spending money he doesn't have to spend).

So, its a rip-off because they'll let you play for free, or is it a rip-off because you have the OPTION to buy those toons you want instead of working for them?

In conclusion, I'd just like to say, quit crying on the forums and get your lazy ass to work grinding TP and you won't have to spend you precious hard earned $20, I'm sure you have much better things to spend it on anyhow, we just won't discuss it here as I'm sure its a EULA violation.

Have a nice day.

hockeyrama
05-16-2010, 11:19 AM

Rip off? I think yes...

Other than that gj

I just wish I was a vip so I could neg rep you for being abusive in your first post. I understand you don't like the system and that is your opinion but your post screams racism against asians and your comments about I don't care if I offend and swear and cursing is justified to complain about the way they setup their system. You may have a valid point or not but the way you presented was in very poor taste. I would give you a neg rep for it but I can't so I hope others do.

Now about your post. First you should read the forums, and ask questions before complaining so vigilantly about a game. This game has one of the best free setups you can get. I am a F2P player only. I have bought monk, catacombs, STK and am going to get Vale of Twilight soon while it is on sale.

Here is how you can do everything for free. Run one character to about 500 points on a server. That character will give you 275 points. Do that on all 7 servers and you now have 1925 points. Use that points to buy packs. I bought monk as I like to solo and a light based monk can get through many of the quests on elite so he can get to the 500 points faster. If you need more then that then you can add a player on each server run him to 100 points and delete and start again. IT does not take long to get to 100 points and the first quests are fairly easy to run through most.

So saying you can't buy both the fvs and monk with a $19 purchase on it's own is another problem with your post. First you would only be 40 points short so buy the one and then save the points play a character in korthos through all the quests on norm and wehn you get to stromreach you will have your points to buy the other.
However, I don't get your grief. The game only has two special classes. The $19 purchase is not the top purchase so expecting it to be high enough to purchase both of the special classes seems absurd. Another thing you mentioned is we should be able to buy each thing and pay for that only. In that case you would have had to choose between fvs and monk so again you are contradicting your argument.

Anyway, since you like the game you will learn these things and if you don't want to pay you will see you don't need to pay. I don't. I might one day but as of now I am ok with just playing all the stuff I can. If later when I really know the game and want to put money into it i will.

So be patient, don't be abusive toward asians, listen in game and read to learn and you may find your experience here a good one.

Uska
05-16-2010, 11:36 AM

Jk'ing yes its a large ripoff, im surprised that this game didn't turn out like any other ****** mmo right now. It's because the bonus thing they have attracts more people, when really it is a ripoff.

/signed

If only this game had WoW premium mechanics, where its only monthly payment + free and the rest of the stuff you grind for, maybe it'd be more fair.

I have no idea what your saying but if your saying a subscrition like wow then they have it and with it you get all content and other stuff its how I play and have for 4 years.

KillEveryone
05-16-2010, 04:37 PM
I just wish I was a vip so I could neg rep you for being abusive in your first post.

You don't get to neg rep just for being VIP. You have to have like 1500 pos rep points I think, whatever it is called. Only gained from people giving you pos rep on the forums.

Visty
05-16-2010, 04:45 PM

it is 2500, not 2750

Bladecutter563
05-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Spoiler Alert:

Turbine is trying to make money.

GASP!

Jay203
05-16-2010, 07:56 PM
if you can't earn that 40 turbine points thru favor alone, you probably shouldn't be playing this game >_>

oh, and did you know sometimes the classes get put on SALE? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

lord_of_rage
05-16-2010, 08:03 PM

/signed

Hmmm would that be the vip subscription?Yep I think it would. Look if you like WOW so much you can always go back to it noone is forcing you to stay here.

Kistilan
05-16-2010, 08:05 PM
oh, and did you know sometimes the classes get put on SALE? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ironically, for those people lacking it, you can never buy class.

Stay classy, Argo! Khyber, try to keep up.. ;)

Jay203
05-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Ironically, for those people lacking it, you can never buy class.

Stay classy, Argo! Khyber, try to keep up.. ;)

lol, Kis, aren't you running late for your class for being classy? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

cdemeritt
05-16-2010, 08:26 PM
Oh wow... How dare a business want to make money from entertaining you...

With this, what's next?

Movie theaters actually charging for tickets?
Music companies making you pay to download their music?
Baseball teams wanting you purchase seats?
Arcades actually needing coins to play?
etc. etc..

Sorry, everyone pays to play... that is life. DDO has free options... no need to pay, but you will need to work for it.
Ripoffs for me are the hats, lowlevel gear, and other items easily aquired ingame...

Durion
05-16-2010, 08:30 PM
if you can't earn that 40 turbine points thru favor alone, you probably shouldn't be playing this game >_>

No he didn't know, because he's come onto the forums ranting after playing for a whole 2 weeks tops.

norman_quickfinger
05-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Oh please shot me for acually reading a noobs rant

Kistilan
05-16-2010, 09:11 PM
lol, Kis, aren't you running late for your class for being classy? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you mean the one I teach at the YMCA for a small nominal fee? I'm on holidays! Borror0 is subbing in. :D

note: prices have logically been raised to install a direct T3 connection and duel-box rig for Borror0's hypothetical lectures to become a self-realized Socratic Truism.

Jendrak
05-16-2010, 09:14 PM

Rip off? I think yes...

Other than that gj

Yet you wasted your time typing this and over shadowing any good point you may have had with the artistic skill of a ranting lunatic.

nice job :rolleyes:

cardmj1
05-16-2010, 10:07 PM
I just wish I was a vip so I could neg rep you for being abusive in your first post. I understand you don't like the system and that is your opinion but your post screams racism against asians and your comments about I don't care if I offend and swear and cursing is justified to complain about the way they setup their system. You may have a valid point or not but the way you presented was in very poor taste. I would give you a neg rep for it but I can't so I hope others do.

Now about your post. First you should read the forums, and ask questions before complaining so vigilantly about a game. This game has one of the best free setups you can get. I am a F2P player only. I have bought monk, catacombs, STK and am going to get Vale of Twilight soon while it is on sale.

Here is how you can do everything for free. Run one character to about 500 points on a server. That character will give you 275 points. Do that on all 7 servers and you now have 1925 points. Use that points to buy packs. I bought monk as I like to solo and a light based monk can get through many of the quests on elite so he can get to the 500 points faster. If you need more then that then you can add a player on each server run him to 100 points and delete and start again. IT does not take long to get to 100 points and the first quests are fairly easy to run through most.

So saying you can't buy both the fvs and monk with a $19 purchase on it's own is another problem with your post. First you would only be 40 points short so buy the one and then save the points play a character in korthos through all the quests on norm and wehn you get to stromreach you will have your points to buy the other.
However, I don't get your grief. The game only has two special classes. The $19 purchase is not the top purchase so expecting it to be high enough to purchase both of the special classes seems absurd. Another thing you mentioned is we should be able to buy each thing and pay for that only. In that case you would have had to choose between fvs and monk so again you are contradicting your argument.

Anyway, since you like the game you will learn these things and if you don't want to pay you will see you don't need to pay. I don't. I might one day but as of now I am ok with just playing all the stuff I can. If later when I really know the game and want to put money into it i will.

So be patient, don't be abusive toward asians, listen in game and read to learn and you may find your experience here a good one.

+1 rep to you. Excellent post of information and welcome to the game. Glad to have ya.

cardmj1
05-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Oh please shot me for acually reading a noobs rant

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp154/Mystincloud/shoot.jpg

Kistilan
05-16-2010, 10:23 PM
http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp154/Mystincloud/shoot.jpg

The best "O" face, ever. :eek: (This is so dirty)

samthedagger
05-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Yet another n00b complaining about a free game. Lame.

HumanJHawkins
05-16-2010, 11:15 PM
Sorry either accept the way it is or move along, move along, like ya know you should.

Stated like a true vegetable.

Just because the OP has no tact, doesn't mean there isn't a legit point. There are a lot of things I would buy if I could just buy them. I don't mind the prices... If something is too high I won't buy it. But if it's not too high, I would. Except that maybe I don't want to spend $50 on points so I can buy a $5 item.

I understand the fact that they have to sell people points because it confuses the average customer and tricks them into buying more stuff. Fine. But how about selling 500 points at a time? This still makes Turbine loads of $. Because if someone wants that 380 point item, they are going to buy 500 points and Turbine scores $. But the bundles they have now are a showstopper for a lot of people, including me.

Chai
05-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Sub up - or deal with the point system. Those are your two options. If you dont like the Korean power grinder payment method, then sub up. Its 50 cents per day. Drink one less soda each day, and you got it covered. Put the faygo down and sub up already. Or, stay premium, and moan about the payment method.

Chai
05-16-2010, 11:47 PM
Stated like a true vegetable.

Just because the OP has no tact, doesn't mean there isn't a legit point. There are a lot of things I would buy if I could just buy them. I don't mind the prices... If something is too high I won't buy it. But if it's not too high, I would. Except that maybe I don't want to spend $50 on points so I can buy a $5 item.

I understand the fact that they have to sell people points because it confuses the average customer and tricks them into buying more stuff. Fine. But how about selling 500 points at a time? This still makes Turbine loads of $. Because if someone wants that 380 point item, they are going to buy 500 points and Turbine scores $. But the bundles they have now are a showstopper for a lot of people, including me.

Your collective point would carry more weight if it was the only payment method. Sub up, and you dont have to worry about paying for anything else other than 15 bucks a month, ever again. No hidden costs, gotchas, or prices. No being subject to what you feel to be less than reasonable prices for new content in the future.

This whole "owning the game" thing is an illusion anyhow, because each time they release something new, the premium crowd will have to buy it. If they dont buy it, they dont get the new content and they get passed up gear wise. When they finally shut the servers off, premiums and VIPs alike will be left with the same scenario - nothing.

Each time they add new content, classes, or other features, itemizing the 15 dolar a month fee shows each item to cost less and less incrementally, because I am getting more features for the same money.

P.S. Points packages I see in the store right now are priced at: 6.50, 19.50, 29.50, 49.99 - so you have alot more options available then just the one 50 dollar package. You just get more for your money if you spend more. If you dont want to spend 50 bucks on points, dont. But you go into that knowing that if you buy the larger increment, you are paying less per point.

Daehawk
05-16-2010, 11:58 PM

There's a small flaw with your theory. If you want to pay only the 19.50 for 1,550 points and get Monk + Favored Soul. Guess what? You can.

No one pointed this out from what I read, but here it goes.
Monk On Sale: 596
Favored Soul on Sale: 596
Both together on sale: 1,192
1,550-1,192 = 358 points left over.

Congradulations. You just got them both for cheaper than 19.50.

asphodeli
05-17-2010, 12:20 AM

Rip off? I think yes...

Other than that gj

If I had enough rep points I'd neg rep you to oblivion. I find your post very distasteful, as I hail from a SEA country. Also, get your facts right, the SEA region are not well-known for making grindy MMOs. If you're complaining about the way Turbine markets its points, I agree, the "bonus points" system isn't really clear to people. However, by your logic, conversion of real world cash to points and back as a basis of argument that its a ripoff isn't valid.

AbsynthMinded
05-17-2010, 05:59 AM
I've been in and out of DDO for years.. I was a founder (See Forum Tag).. I paid subscription for almost a year, quit.. Came back for a few months of subscription, quit again.. DDO went F2P, didn't play till some 6 months or so later.. Came back, dropped 100$ UDS, waited for sales, earned extra points on Favor and unlocked most Favor Features on my server of choice.. I own all content, all features, and all Classes/Races..

I think My economics are working out just fine in DDO.

DelverRootnose
05-17-2010, 06:04 AM

That favored souls and monk can be opened on one server with lots of favor points. So if you can wait and play a barbarian for a month or so you probably can get enough favor to open up favored soul.

magnus1
05-17-2010, 07:28 AM
And of course OP. You don't have to play.

how can you fix the things that are wrong if you run away? might be a good way to avoid conflicts but nothing gets accomplished from it. i'd say stand up for what you believe needs to be changed/no cowardly acts of running away!

blackdrowarcanenuts
05-17-2010, 07:35 AM

Well said am also an f2p got stk necro 3 monk class vale of twilight pack and playing monk and he is getting favors faster hehe:) One has to be patient:):)

Visty
05-17-2010, 07:38 AM
how can you fix the things that are wrong if you run away? might be a good way to avoid conflicts but nothing gets accomplished from it. i'd say stand up for what you believe needs to be changed/no cowardly acts of running away!

nothing* is wrong so nothing has to get fixed

(*in general theres alot still wrong with this game but nothing this thread refers to)

rdasca
05-17-2010, 07:46 AM
Really? So, you're complaining because spending $20 is a ripoff to get a class you want, but even after the fact that Turbine is letting you play their game for free? Guess what, get off the easy button horse and work to get your classes for FREE.

Or, you could be a lazy ass and cry because you can't get everything for free up front. (Cursing is justified here as this post is pretty much useless as the OP, being brand new to the game and not having a ****ing clue as to what he's talking about, is crying about spending money he doesn't have to spend).

So, its a rip-off because they'll let you play for free, or is it a rip-off because you have the OPTION to buy those toons you want instead of working for them?

In conclusion, I'd just like to say, quit crying on the forums and get your lazy ass to work grinding TP and you won't have to spend you precious hard earned $20, I'm sure you have much better things to spend it on anyhow, we just won't discuss it here as I'm sure its a EULA violation.

Have a nice day.

/signed, OP pay, grid, or get off the pot ... simple as that.

Yazston_the_Invoker
05-17-2010, 08:04 AM
Oh wow... How dare a business want to make money from entertaining you...

With this, what's next?

Movie theaters actually charging for tickets?
Music companies making you pay to download their music?
Baseball teams wanting you purchase seats?
Arcades actually needing coins to play?
etc. etc..

Sorry, everyone pays to play... that is life. DDO has free options... no need to pay, but you will need to work for it.
Ripoffs for me are the hats, lowlevel gear, and other items easily aquired ingame...

And +20 bank slots for 995 TP! Don't forget that one...+20 slots=~$10 / versus +120 slots=free (2 new characters on F2P account)

Lorz
05-17-2010, 08:07 AM

You can't fix what is not broken.

There is nothing to fix here and nothing to run away.
Either accept this is the game...or go play wow...or whatever...ie move along.

As for your sense of cowardly action and standing up...you could not be further from the mark.
Maybe you need to learn that if it is your business then you set the deals...this is not some farmer market or local market swap where haggling applies. It is a published deal you can take or leave. Your complaint and entire line of "reasoning" is complete fantasy. You don't have to accept the offer but there i s nothing wrong with it.

So Don Quixote keep tilting and charging those windmills.

/nutbag

Dyesalot
05-17-2010, 08:28 AM
Yes I agree with the Author to some extent. I think that if you are paying a VIP rate then all basic functions of the game should be at no additional cost. That would be Races Maps Bank whatever else I might have missed some but you get the point. Pet peeve of mine is that you have to pay for FS even on a VIP account. I have always thought that if you are paying rent in a house you should not have to pay extra to use the toilet. Its part of the basic package of renting.

For enhancements or items you can either grind it out for favor or if you want to take the fast path then you can purchase those +2 Supreme tome's. Again its an option that does not impact game play. You can still play a FS without a tome.

If your not paying a monthly fee then suck up whatever outrageous prices the developer decides to charge. Its your choice at that point. Some of the packs are not worth a cent while others are truly great. Same goes with races or anything else that they chose to put a pricetag on. Your basically ordering from a menu at this point so pay as you go.

If your FTP then shut your piehole and you should be gratefull you are allowed to play this game to the extent that you are. Once you make an investment into the game other then your time you become worth listening to.

Flame Away

Yazston_the_Invoker
05-17-2010, 11:38 AM
I think that if you are paying a VIP rate then all basic functions of the game should be at no additional cost. That would be Races Maps Bank whatever else I might have missed some but you get the point. Pet peeve of mine is that you have to pay for FS even on a VIP account.

Umm, actually, as it has already been pointed out in this thread, you do NOT have to pay for any races, quests, or classes if you are VIP. Monk and WF are automatically available, and ANYONE, VIP or not, can unlock Drow at 400 favor, and FvS at 2500 favor.

Just figured I'd point out the obvious, since for some people it does not seem to be... ;)

Daehawk
05-17-2010, 11:40 AM
And +20 bank slots for 995 TP! Don't forget that one...+20 slots=~$10 / versus +120 slots=free (2 new characters on F2P account)

It's actually not 995 TP anymore. After the sale the other day it became the new permanent price. They didn't really sell any at the 995 TP, but the sale price sold a lot, surprisingly, so it's now the base price and the new sale price will be lower.

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/5997/upgradebank.jpg

So they do listen to us in a way. But I disagree with the OP as I said earlier in the thread. Buy things when they are on sale and not at full price and you save TP.

Yazston_the_Invoker
05-17-2010, 11:46 AM
It's actually not 995 TP anymore. After the sale the other day it became the new permanent price. They didn't really sell any at the 995 TP, but the sale price sold a lot, surprisingly, so it's now the base price and the new sale price will be lower.

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/5997/upgradebank.jpg

So they do listen to us in a way. But I disagree with the OP as I said earlier in the thread. Buy things when they are on sale and not at full price and you save TP.

GAH! I still wouldn't buy it even at that price, unless it was an addition to the shared bank, or if it opened up a slot on ALL characters on that server. In that case, it would be useful to me.

Pretty much spending anything more than 100-150 TP on one bank tab for one character is too much, IMO. I wish that they hadn't sold any of them so that we could have seen a bigger change, but in the end, any money for Turbine is a good thing...helps keep the game running! ;)

Battlehawke
05-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Everyone in the world is out to make money. You kinda need it to survive. Turbine allows you to play their game for free. It's not because they are nice and love making people feel all giddy inside. It's becasue they want to pay their bills too!! I don't always like everything Turbine does, however I do enjoy the game. It seems to me that a lot of the rants on the forums these days are from people who play for free. I just want to say that Turbine does listen/read and they try to absorb it all in, and do what they think is right for the game and for Turbine. Their player base is building, and thats good for me, because I know the game will be around longer and I will get to enjoy it a few more years. If you don't like something, you are free to express your opinion, however, if you feel a need to be hostile or be say things in an awful way becacause you don't have the INT to express yourself in a well mannered way, then I think they shouldn't listen to you. I love this game and will continue to pay. No one makes any of you play and you know of many other places that you can go play for free with this kind of quality game. Oh wait, you don't. It doesn't exist.

I just want to say keep up the good work Turbine, we are glad you are listening and continue to toon out the BS.

Battlehawke

Daehawk
05-17-2010, 11:58 AM
GAH! I still wouldn't buy it even at that price, unless it was an addition to the shared bank, or if it opened up a slot on ALL characters on that server. In that case, it would be useful to me.

Pretty much spending anything more than 100-150 TP on one bank tab for one character is too much, IMO. I wish that they hadn't sold any of them so that we could have seen a bigger change, but in the end, any money for Turbine is a good thing...helps keep the game running! ;)

Yeah, it would be more interesting to me if it was +1 Slot per character account wide. But since it's just 1 for 1 character. I have better things at the moment I can spend things on. So it's not that much of a priority. To others that have everything already it might be more interesting to them.

100 TP wouldn't be too big of a deal if you think about it. 1 Bank slot is 20 slots. Shared bank is 20 Slots. Shared bank on sale is 1121. So if you had 10 characters that'd still be 1,000 TP for 20 Slots on every character on one server vs 1,196 TP for 20 Collective Slots on all characters on per servers. Depending on how many servers you play on could make a difference.

Asketes
05-17-2010, 01:00 PM
HI WELCOME

http://marylandshooter.com/ar15/Funny/InBeforeTheLock.gif

KKDragonLord
05-17-2010, 01:07 PM
I'd wager the Point system has got more to do with avoiding taxes than with "Ripping some people off because they are too lazy to do the math on how much they are spending"...

Bioware and Microsoft are big users of these points systems, so its not like its something restricted to "rip-off korean MMOs where you gotta pay to not move like a snail in game and to get a chance to get near-end-game-loot" (true story)

Durion
05-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Everyone in the world is out to make money. You kinda need it to survive. Turbine allows you to play their game for free. It's not because they are nice and love making people feel all giddy inside. It's becasue they want to pay their bills too!! I don't always like everything Turbine does, however I do enjoy the game. It seems to me that a lot of the rants on the forums these days are from people who play for free. I just want to say that Turbine does listen/read and they try to absorb it all in, and do what they think is right for the game and for Turbine. Their player base is building, and thats good for me, because I know the game will be around longer and I will get to enjoy it a few more years. If you don't like something, you are free to express your opinion, however, if you feel a need to be hostile or be say things in an awful way becacause you don't have the INT to express yourself in a well mannered way, then I think they shouldn't listen to you. I love this game and will continue to pay. No one makes any of you play and you know of many other places that you can go play for free with this kind of quality game. Oh wait, you don't. It doesn't exist.

I just want to say keep up the good work Turbine, we are glad you are listening and continue to toon out the BS.

Battlehawke

+1 Rep sir.

Agreed almost the whole way with you. It does seem that the people that have the opportunity to now play for free do cry alot because they have the option to pay money for items they can grind for.

And yes, Turbine DOES try to listen/absorb (and I'm not a fanboy, its just fact), but there are thousands of thousands of players that want what THEY want first. Its impossible. HOWEVER, there are a few items that could use fixing and could have used fixing for years that have been overlooked (imo).

Content seems to be one of the big issues, but by the sound of it, that should be coming in at a good clip like it was back at the beginning.

But anyhow, seems that even though you have all this ****ing and moaning, people are enjoying the game for the most part, if they weren't, our #'s would be going down and not up.

Battlehawke
05-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Fernandos Post about update 5 makes all of this even more true. If you got a complaint, voice it the right way, but you don't need to be an A** about it. They care and they are listening. You know what happens when you try to make "ALL" of the people happy!!! Keep up the good stuff Turbine!!!

Battlehawke

AbsynthMinded
05-25-2010, 06:54 AM
Fernandos Post about update 5 makes all of this even more true. If you got a complaint, voice it the right way, but you don't need to be an A** about it. They care and they are listening. You know what happens when you try to make "ALL" of the people happy!!! Keep up the good stuff Turbine!!!

Battlehawke

Yes however it is important to point out that what we and they feel are the higher priority items to address, are very often in conflict. We players see DDO put out stuff very often that is a head scratcher when we've been crying for other things to be addressed for a LONG TIME. As well things that I know would work out better being marketed differently surprises me quite often, but that's just me.

fatherpirate
05-26-2010, 07:08 AM
Hello !
Free Game...how do they make money ? sell stuff

but you don't even need to buy FS or monk, just get a toon to 20 or so and by then
you will have gotten them just from favor awards.

or subscribe and get all that stuff included.

DDO has one of the nicest deals out there, Many micro-trans games make you pay for everything
with NO chance to open it in game.

and you can earn coins in game to boot, to buy stuff in the store.

Dyesalot
05-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Umm, actually, as it has already been pointed out in this thread, you do NOT have to pay for any races, quests, or classes if you are VIP. Monk and WF are automatically available, and ANYONE, VIP or not, can unlock Drow at 400 favor, and FvS at 2500 favor.

Just figured I'd point out the obvious, since for some people it does not seem to be... ;)

Umm, well Sherlock thanks for pointing out the obvious. Glad to see nothing slips by that razor sharp mind of yours except perhaps the point I was trying to make. The point your oblivious to is that you have to wait till you get 2500 favor in order to get a feature that should be included at the get go.

So yes you have to pay for it if you want to make one as a first character on any server. That in my opinion devalues the whole reason for being VIP. VIP should mean full immediate access to all races/class's/areas.

Lorz
05-27-2010, 09:01 PM
Umm, well Sherlock thanks for pointing out the obvious. Glad to see nothing slips by that razor sharp mind of yours except perhaps the point I was trying to make. The point your oblivious to is that you have to wait till you get 2500 favor in order to get a feature that should be included at the get go.

So yes you have to pay for it if you want to make one as a first character on any server. That in my opinion devalues the whole reason for being VIP. VIP should mean full immediate access to all races/class's/areas.

Ummmm...You obviously don't know your history of the game. Every VIP has had to earn FvS.

So that point you are trying to make is nothing more than your demand for an easy button. Go earn the favor...like every player has....and quit your pointless whining. Your whole arguement is without merit.

wolflordnexus
05-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Ummmm...You obviously don't know your history of the game. Every VIP has had to earn FvS.

So that point you are trying to make is nothing more than your demand for an easy button. Go earn the favor...like every player has....and quit your pointless whining. Your whole arguement is without merit.

Sorry man but his point is incredibly valid as a matter of fact it's the whole reason I didn't go VIP and instead chose Premium If I have to grind or pay for the classes and races I want to play anyway why pay a sub when I can just buy Exactly what I want. I do feel Dumb for Buying Dark Elf though once I Got 32 point build I haven't touched Dark Elf. Not to mention 400 favor is a few days worth of play.

DoctorWhofan
05-27-2010, 10:19 PM
THe best part ofthis thread is not the OP, or vets ranting, it's the newer players and F2P yelling at the OP.

Sorry OP, if you don't have the patience, you might wanna find another game.

PS: your borderline rascism doesn't fly here.

Antheal
05-27-2010, 10:49 PM
If your FTP then shut your piehole and you should be gratefull you are allowed to play this game to the extent that you are. Once you make an investment into the game other then your time you become worth listening to.

It's attitudes like yours that gives Veteran players a bad reputation and reciprocates nothing but disrespect.

Seriously dude, play nice or don't play at all.

Hokiewa
05-27-2010, 11:07 PM
Sorry man but his point is incredibly valid as a matter of fact it's the whole reason I didn't go VIP and instead chose Premium If I have to grind or pay for the classes and races I want to play anyway why pay a sub when I can just buy Exactly what I want. I do feel Dumb for Buying Dark Elf though once I Got 32 point build I haven't touched Dark Elf. Not to mention 400 favor is a few days worth of play.

Not in least bit valid. FvS cost was made abundantly clear, and with the 500tp Vip pts retroactive to the launch of DDO EU it was free to most long time subs.

Cylinwolf
05-28-2010, 01:10 AM
As one or two others have mentioned: It's not just "koreans" that use point systems like this, Microsoft probably being the big one to name with XBOX Live's Microsoft Points.

Having point systems in place isn't necessarily to make people overpay, although that is one strong side of it, but it's actually a piece of marketing-mental-terrorism that tricks you into thinking things are cheaper than they actually are in the same way that everything is priced at .99c instead of rounded to the dollar.

And also, yeah: The attitudes coming from an alarming number of people in this thread is despicable. Just because he's throwing a fit doesn't mean you have to as well.

Memnir
05-28-2010, 01:19 AM
It is what it is.
If you don't like it, don't use it. If something is too expensive, don't buy it or wait for it to go on sale.

wolflordnexus
05-28-2010, 01:43 AM
Not in least bit valid. FvS cost was made abundantly clear, and with the 500tp Vip pts retroactive to the launch of DDO EU it was free to most long time subs.

I can guarantee that I'm not the only person not to chose VIP because races and classes are missing from it. It just doesn't feel very VIP to have to wait a month to get your freebie points to buy a Class or Grind it out.