PDA

View Full Version : A (Hopefully) Simple Suggestion (They Rarely Are)

Dysmetria
05-15-2010, 02:28 AM
I'm a newb so I apologize if this has been suggested before. I did a search but couldn't find anything.

Add a way to sort our guild list by level to look for someone to group with, yet keep online people at the top of the list. I'm in a big guild and it takes a while to sort thru the 50 offline people to find the three around my level that are online.

cheever77
05-15-2010, 02:45 AM
It is there already mate. On the right hand side of your guild social panel it says last on???( not sure if it is called that)

Where it tells you how long it has been since a toon has logged from the game. If you click on that it will sort the guild to online at the top to the longest time toon has been logged off at the bottom.

Hope that makes sense

honkuimushi
05-15-2010, 03:37 AM
Yeah, but that still doesn't help him that much to sort through what may be 100+ names looking for people in his level range .

Impaqt
05-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Why not just post a message in guild chat? Some people havemore than one character and may switch to another toon to do a quest.. what level someone is on currently isnt all that important.

Scalion
05-15-2010, 12:12 PM
I don't know how easy it is to program such a thing, but the simplest solution from a UI point of view is to simply add a toggle for either all members, or online members only.

Good suggestion by the OP.

BattleCircle
05-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Why not just post a message in guild chat? Some people havemore than one character and may switch to another toon to do a quest.. what level someone is on currently isnt all that important.

Just in case you missed this

It is really easy to just type in GC "anyone want to run lowbies 4-7?" or something similar. I am sure there are lots of people in your guild wanting to level, they may be busy at the moment but if they are interested they will answer with an eta for when they will be available. Try it, it really works.

Impaqt
05-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Just in case you missed this

It is really easy to just type in GC "anyone want to run lowbies 4-7?" or something similar. I am sure there are lots of people in your guild wanting to level, they may be busy at the moment but if they are interested they will answer with an eta for when they will be available. Try it, it really works.

I get enough Spam tells from strangers. I dont need my Guildies doin it too....

I guess thats the difference between a Tight nit Smaller guild and a Giant pug.....

I guess its easier to spam them when they cant hide with "Anonymous"

Failedlegend
05-15-2010, 05:21 PM
/singed

While claw isnt super big it does have enough people that it makes sorting by level useless so I'd say either go with the OPs idea or make it so offline members dont show up (maybe make it togglable)

BattleCircle
05-16-2010, 04:50 PM
I get enough Spam tells from strangers. I dont need my Guildies doin it too....

I guess thats the difference between a Tight nit Smaller guild and a Giant pug.....

I guess its easier to spam them when they cant hide with "Anonymous"

Either you misunderstood me, or you are changing your tune. :confused:

by GC I meant guild chat... but whatever.

Impaqt
05-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Either you misunderstood me, or you are changing your tune. :confused:

by GC I meant guild chat... but whatever.

nope. It means when i see soemone put "Lowbies for Tangroot" in guildchat, I'll join if I want to join. I dont need someone sending me a tell when I'm on a lowbie asking if I want to do X Quest. I pay attentin to guild chat and join if it suits me or if someone really needs my assistance.