PDA

View Full Version : Favored Enemy

PopeJual
05-13-2010, 03:17 PM
There's lots of Lawful Evil Outsiders at the end of the game.

If I take Favored Enemy: Lawful Outsider and Favored Enemy: Evil Outsider, will they stack?

Edit: followup question - what favored enemies did you pick and have you been happy with your choices?

flynnjsw
05-13-2010, 03:19 PM
There's lots of Lawful Evil Outsiders at the end of the game.

If I take Favored Enemy: Lawful Outsider and Favored Enemy: Evil Outsider, will they stack?

Edit: followup question - what favored enemies did you pick and have you been happy with your choices?

The easiest way is to just take evil outsiders; really no need to take both. Now the standard is usually Undead, Giants, and then Evil Outsiders.

Eladiun
05-13-2010, 03:20 PM
No, Just take evil outsiders...right now the faves are...

1) Undead
2) Giants
3) Evil Outsider
4) Contruct
5) Elemental

JustWinBaby
05-13-2010, 03:21 PM
No, Just take evil outsiders...right now the faves are...

1) Undead
2) Giants
3) Evil Outsider
4) Contruct
5) Elemental

This.

My order would be Undead, Giants, Constructs, Evil Outsiders, and Elementals though. But those 5 are the ones to choose.

Sweyn
05-13-2010, 04:01 PM
At lvl 1 take Reptile
At lvl 5 take Undead
After you leave the harbor swap out Reptile for Giant
At lvl 10 take Elemental
At lvl 15 Take Evil outsider
At lvl 20 Take Construct

In the end you will have these 5, they are in the order of importance

1) Evil outsider
2) Undead
3) Construct
4) Elemental
5) Giant

Construct and Elemental can be switched around in order of importance, but if you plan to run shroud a lot, construct helps
If you splash a different class into your ranger, throw out Giant.

karl_k0ch
05-13-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm currently leveling a Rogue 13/ Ranger 6/ Monk 1 Drow, thus I can only take 2 Enemies.

My first choice was Undead to compensate the lack of SA. What should I take as second? Evil Outsider? Should I throw out Undead at one time? Is the investment in Favored Enhancements beyond tier 1 viable in this case?
Is Favored Resistance viable at all?

Sweyn
05-13-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm currently leveling a Rogue 13/ Ranger 6/ Monk 1 Drow, thus I can only take 2 Enemies.

My first choice was Undead to compensate the lack of SA. What should I take as second? Evil Outsider? Should I throw out Undead at one time? Is the investment in Favored Enhancements beyond tier 1 viable in this case?
Is Favored Resistance viable at all?

Take Undead and Evil outsider

As for the enhancements, take them all. The damage obviously helps, the more saves the better, unless you are 30+ in everything, the AC will also help you as you have a lvl of mnk and i'm assuming you have some focus in AC... The to-hit, meh get that if you feel like it

Eladiun
05-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Take Undead and Evil outsider

As for the enhancements, take them all. The damage obviously helps, the more saves the better, unless you are 30+ in everything, the AC will also help you as you have a lvl of mnk and i'm assuming you have some focus in AC... The to-hit, meh get that if you feel like it

The to hit is nice early but you can move it out later. Also, what packs you have can effect the FE's as well if yu have GH and Reavers well lots of giants... Necropolis and Delera's lots of undead....

cpito
05-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Abberations should also be considered for killing those beholders, mindflayers and rusties (I think) quickly.

hydra_ex
05-13-2010, 09:19 PM
They do not stack. The top 5 are easy: Evil Outsider, Giant, Elemental, Construct, Undead.

Of those, the top 2 are obviously Evil Outsider and Undead. After that, its mainly player choice. On my 18/2, I don't have elementals. Occasionally I regret it, and consider swapping it out with construct, but its not big deal, really.

Aberration would make a close 6th, and some might prefer it over giant or others.

Talon_Moonshadow
05-13-2010, 09:23 PM
Abberations should also be considered for killing those beholders, mindflayers and rusties (I think) quickly.

And Dream Reavers!

Laretes
05-16-2010, 04:21 AM
I would argue as follows: Take mobs as FE that are either abundant or immune to crits or otherwise hard to kill or all three combined. So the first things that come to mind are indeed the list of 5 as mentioned in this thread, but I have always wondered why giants? They are not that hard to kill, are they abundant? Are there any epic giants out there currently? I can't think of any. Maybe there are better 5th choices.

BurningDownTheHouse
05-16-2010, 04:27 AM
I would argue as follows: Take mobs as FE that are either abundant or immune to crits or otherwise hard to kill or all three combined. So the first things that come to mind are indeed the list of 5 as mentioned in this thread, but I have always wondered why giants? They are not that hard to kill, are they abundant? Are there any epic giants out there currently? I can't think of any. Maybe there are better 5th choices.

Trolls and ogers are also considered giant, so yes, plenty of epic giants in Von1, not to mention the fire giant in Von2.

I think that your favored enemies should reflect your current focus on content.
For instance, I'm considering swaping constructs (exploiter build, so no FE elemental) for dragons, for epic Vela (and future Tor dragons) beating.

Symar-FangofLloth
05-16-2010, 04:53 AM
And Dream Reavers!

Are they Aberrations?
I know the rest of the Quori (at least) are Lawful Evil Outsiders.