PDA

View Full Version : Payment upon Arrival (Mail)

Failedlegend
05-12-2010, 08:44 PM
I see that people use the market section of the forum quite frequently which is great but its frustrating when you work out a deal with soemone only to never catch them online

A good way to alleviate this would be to make it when you send something to somebody through mail you can choose to add a charge of whatever amount they want (and please no stupid 9999 plat limit on it or "taxes") or if they cant pay the requested amount for the item its returned after a few hours. (too give em time to get money from their main or something)

mediocresurgeon
05-12-2010, 09:51 PM
please no stupid 9999 plat limit on it

Hell, I'd be happy if they just increased the plat limit per message. 9999 plat is pocket change. Finding a friend at odd hours to hand off plat between characters is annoying.

Failedlegend
05-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Hell, I'd be happy if they just increased the plat limit per message. 9999 plat is pocket change. Finding a friend at odd hours to hand off plat between characters is annoying.

No argument there :p I suggested that a while ago....Maybe allow us to deposit money in the shared bank.

Angelus_dead
05-12-2010, 10:03 PM
What would be very interesting is if they tried a way to let you post an auction-like item listing where the price is in terms of an arbitrary item.

For example, I go to the auction NPC and post a Bloodstone I'm carrying, but I select a checkbox that toggles the payment from plat to items. Then I get a text field where I type in that I want "Large Devil Scales/Stones". Other players who see this listing can bid on it by dragging a few items of theirs into the bid window, whereupon the auction NPC takes it and holds it until everything is resolved.

The auction poster (me) returns to the NPC later, views the offers for my item, and clicks on one to accept it. This causes the Bloodstone to be sent to the winner, his offer to be sent to me, and any other offers go back to the players who made them. (Obviously there'd be a timer for if I don't accept one within 3 days)

Greydeath
05-13-2010, 09:20 AM
/signed