PDA

View Full Version : Loot rolling system.

Antheal
05-11-2010, 06:27 AM
If someone pulls an item from a chest that they don't need, how about giving them a button to click to put it up for a roll, then interested players can click on an "auto-roll for this loot" button, after which the item in question is assigned to the winning player.

Who can either take it for themselves, or click the button to put it up for another roll.

Of course I imagine it may be horrendously complicated to program, but if it is feasible it should solve all the grief of "he won the roll but passed it to someone else" or "I won the roll but he didn't pass it to me" and other complaints I read about on the forums.

Lorien_the_First_One
05-11-2010, 06:30 AM
How does your system help? Once its in their name they could still manually assign it. Or are you suggesting no one be allowed to manually assign loot?

Antheal
05-11-2010, 06:43 AM
Sorry, forgot to clarify that. My bad.

How about, if you choose to roll on someone else's unwanted item, and you win, the item is set to you and you only. If you want to pass it on, your only option is putting it up on the random roll to let anyone else roll again for it.

Of course, if you're the person who originally pulls the item, you can assign it to whoever you want. If you don't care, put it up for a random roll.

samthedagger
05-11-2010, 06:57 AM
Antheal's suggestion would, at the least, avoid grief caused by players putting something up for a roll and then changing their minds after the roll is made.