PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate DDO Quest List: New Release (Dragon's Vault Update)

Ron
04-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Okay, for those that want it, the latest version of the quest list is now available. This has been updated for the Dragon's Vault, so the list once again contains every quest in the game. I want to say a big thanks to everyone who helped me gather data and pointed out where things were incorrect.

I added 15 new quests. Also 14 of the old quests were updated. We are getting ever more accurate :) On the Collections tab, 3 new collectables were added and 4 collectables were updated.

Note that I've changed the "Version Number" thing to just be the date of release of the spreadsheet. It's much easier. Originally I thought to use the DDO client version number, but it's too difficult to get (as far as I know, you can only see it for a couple of seconds as the game loads, and there doesn't seem to be a command to tell you what it is in game). Besides, using the date will make it easier for me to update the Changelog columns :)

The link is in my signature. You can see a preview screenshot if you'd like to see what it looks like before going through the bother of actually downloading the thing.

As always, let me know if there are any inaccuracies so that I can fix them for the next update.

Ron

[EDIT: Signature reproduced for those who have signatures disabled]
================================================== ==
The Ultimate DDO Quest Checklist Spreadsheet
Every quest in the game - find and complete them all today!
Now with Collections! (Data provided courtesy of Fragme11)
Spoiler Free Since Release.
Latest Release: 07-Jun-06
A Preview Screenshot (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO/QuestListScreen.png)
The Actual Spreadsheet (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO/DDOQuestList.xls)
================================================== ==

Ron
04-11-2006, 07:39 AM
Rats, I forgot to add in the locations of the Taverns like I said I was going to in that other thread. Sorry guys, it'll be in the next update. I knew I was forgetting something :)

tihocan
04-11-2006, 08:08 AM
Thanks, nice as usual :)

gizmeau
04-11-2006, 08:29 AM
When I download the file I dont have the feeling I have the lastes one ...

Can you make sure your link work correctly ...

btw... Thx for the info :)

ironwill96
04-11-2006, 08:36 AM
Thanks for doing this! Our guild finds it very useful for tracking down quests we're having trouble finding the starting point for.

CT

Romilius
04-11-2006, 08:42 AM
Very nice spreadsheet..
Thanks for all the info :)

Ron
04-11-2006, 08:43 AM

Just did a test download of the same file you guys are getting, it's working. The way to know is to look at the release date. It's up top in blue (next to the logo). It should say "Release Date: 10-Mar-06". If it says something else, try redownloading the file. If that doesn't work, let me know.

gizmeau
04-11-2006, 08:43 AM

btw... Thx for the info :)

Forget it ... Firefox cached the old file :)

Everything is fine

Aviran
04-12-2006, 01:54 PM
so march 10 is the latest update? (also bumping this up)

:D

Thank you! this is awesome.

LoneAvatar
04-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Great info thanx for the post!

Ron
04-12-2006, 03:10 PM
so march 10 is the latest update? (also bumping this up)

Good lord, my brain must be completely fried. No, March 10th is not the latest update. April 10th is the latest update.

I even did it twice, once in my sig and once in the release date on the spreadsheet. I'm blaming DDO for causing me lack of sleep that made my brain think it was still a month ago. Yeah, that's it... :)

Ron
04-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Okay, I updated the spreadsheet to fix my brain hiccup. The release date now reads correctly. Future updaters will have the correct date. If you already downloaded the sheet, you can just change the release date in the upper right corner to read "Release Date: 10-Apr-06", and you're all set. No other changes were made the the spreadsheet for this update.

Foreboding
04-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Ron-
Bravo again sir.

MalFunction
04-25-2006, 11:55 AM
Hi Ron,
I have 2 problems
1 I solved, Legal paper,and eliminating a couple of columns
Number 2, I renewed off About filter so I could remove the columns
THEn I added some rows to get the list back, but now it doesnt work right. I get
<!> the operation requires the merged cells to be identified identically by size:
This error only appears of you attempted to sort a range of previously merged cells, but not all cells in the sort range were merged or are not of the same size. To avoid this behavior, unmerge all the merged cells in the range or merge all the cells in the range to be tje same as the largest merged cell grouping

Well I did that to no avail.
I can attach a screenshot of the way I have mine set up
And thanks for the awesome doc.
Write me at mountainsurfer@hotmail.com re: Doc Pic

Ron
04-28-2006, 01:21 PM
Hey Mal,

Sorry for the delayed response, I didn't see your post for some reason until now.

Hard to say what to do, I'd probably have to see what your setup is. The list wasn't really designed to be printed out, though I can certainly see why you would want to.

You seem to have successfully printed what you wanted, so that seems cool. Can you simply now go back to the original rather than try to rebuild what you removed?

Otherwise, if you are going to try to change things, you should remove the filters before anything else (highlight Row 6, go to Data | Filter and unclick the autofilter).

Once that's done, if you remove columns, I would not remove them in mass. Just remove cells in the data. If you mess with any of the cells in the header (the upper black area), you are likely to get into trouble because of all the merging (as you've discovered :) ). So, if you want to remove (for instance) the "Published" column, just highlight cells H6 to H149 and delete those. Don't mess with cells H1 to H5.

Once you do that, you'll probably have to adjust the size of the columns in the header to make everything fit nice and neat, but that won't cause you any issues.

Kynn
04-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Bump to get the news out and added to sig...

mattllow
04-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Very nicely done!! Kudos and thanks!!

Otmar_Reus
04-28-2006, 02:34 PM
what a crappy spreadsheet, like it doesnt even tell me what monsters im fighting, what color armor to wear so i dont clash inside the dungeon nor does it tell me what loot ill be getting, GOD what a waste of time:D :D

Ron
04-28-2006, 03:10 PM
what a crappy spreadsheet, like it doesnt even tell me what monsters im fighting, what color armor to wear so i dont clash inside the dungeon nor does it tell me what loot ill be getting, GOD what a waste of time:D :D

LOL! I'll put those into the fire pit....er...."suggestion" pile. Look for them in an unspecified future update :)

Shade
05-01-2006, 04:58 PM
The link is in my signature. You can see a preview screenshot if you'd like to see what it looks like before going through the bother of actually downloading the thing.

Some people have disabled signatures, because so many put annoying junk and ads in there i dont need to see 1000 times per forum visit.

So maybe put the link in the post itself.

Ron
05-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't considered that some people have them turned off :) My signature (with all the links) has been reproduced at the bottom of the original post.

Kriterian
05-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Nevermind, he fixed the signature issue. Revisit the original post for the link to the spreadsheet.

Lithic
05-01-2006, 10:37 PM
Nice sheet.

I would like to request a second and third column to show completion at the hard and elite settings as well :)

Gidien
05-02-2006, 07:02 AM
Very nice spreadsheet :)

Thanks!

Explore
05-02-2006, 10:16 AM
I used this same type of spreadsheet to track EQ2 quests when I played -- were you the author of that, as well? I'm thrilled to see this spreadsheet for DDO.

One thing I've noticed is that, as new versions are released, it can be painful to stay up to date. Copying the "done" marks over to the new spreadsheet is tedious and I didn't see a quick way to "merge" the two. The "new" tag you have on the quests is good, but if you miss a version, you can lose the quests that were new in the list that was missed. Perhaps the tag could be changed to "new in x" so that it can be sorted and the diff copied and pasted.

There's also the very real possibility that there's another simple way to keep them up to date. I've used Excel, but I'm far from proficient.

Thanks for putting this together!

Ron
05-02-2006, 12:01 PM
I would like to request a second and third column to show completion at the hard and elite settings as well
That's actually the second time I've been asked for this :) That's not a bad idea. However, the only reason I haven't done it is that it would significantly complicate the automatic totals at the top of the sheet. It may be tricky to figure out how to handle those (do we list completed by difficulty? Do I have the room to put that much data in? Do we merge them such that if you do a quest at any (or all) difficulty, it counts as one completed quest? Kinda tricky :)

I used this same type of spreadsheet to track EQ2 quests when I played -- were you the author of that, as well? I'm thrilled to see this spreadsheet for DDO.
I wasn't the author of that one. But I also used it in the brief time I played EQ2. The DDO spreadsheet design was loosely based on that one, which was quite an excellent resource!

One thing I've noticed is that, as new versions are released, it can be painful to stay up to date. Copying the "done" marks over to the new spreadsheet is tedious and I didn't see a quick way to "merge" the two. The "new" tag you have on the quests is good, but if you miss a version, you can lose the quests that were new in the list that was missed. Perhaps the tag could be changed to "new in x" so that it can be sorted and the diff copied and pasted.
Indeed, I feel the pain of this, which is why I try to limit the releases until a significant amount of data has been updated (at least 15 or so quests). Unfortuntately, there is no easy solution for merging Excel sheets (that I'm aware of). In one of my release posts I gave detailed instructions on how to manually merge the old version with the new (which involved sorting, as you touched upon), but it's admittedly pretty complex and prone to error.

If you miss a version, the sort can still be done. The changelog column is done by date of update, and the version number of the spreadsheet is shown at the top, so you simply have to update any quests that say "new", "updated" or have an update date that is newer than the date on your old version. I think this is pretty much the equivalent of "new in x", hehe.

Reave
05-02-2006, 12:43 PM
Is there anyway you can add in the xp you get from the quests?
Just for the first time you run through on each difficulty.

WebSpyder
05-02-2006, 11:05 PM
Is there anyway you can add in the xp you get from the quests?
Just for the first time you run through on each difficulty.

Was going to request the same thing. I was actually working on a spreadsheet of my own and have decided to abandon the project since this is so well done. Instead of 3 separate values, however, I would suggest just adding a base xp column, indicating the base xp for normal difficulty.

Another useful thing would be some form of reward indicator. I'm building sheets of all the static reward lists with the item stats. This could be added as additional sheets behind the actual quest list.

Charmazal
05-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Oh man you rock, this spreadsheet is a life saver.

Ron
05-03-2006, 01:02 PM
Was going to request the same thing. I was actually working on a spreadsheet of my own and have decided to abandon the project since this is so well done. Instead of 3 separate values, however, I would suggest just adding a base xp column, indicating the base xp for normal difficulty.
Yeah, if I do anything along those lines, base XP at normal difficulty would be the only column I'd add. I'm trying to make it so that the thing is not TOO complex, hehe. We don't want to put off people by overwhelming them with numbers the second they open the sheet ;)

Adding base XP values was discussed at one point. The general consensus was that it would be too much of a spoiler, and I am against putting spoilers in the spreadsheet in any form :) However, this is kind of a grey area. If people think it's not spoiler material, I'll add them in.

Another useful thing would be some form of reward indicator. I'm building sheets of all the static reward lists with the item stats. This could be added as additional sheets behind the actual quest list.
That's a definite spoiler. Not going to happen :)

Reave
05-04-2006, 02:53 PM
I don't think it would be a spoiler to put in the XP from the quests, but the rewards would be.
So my vote goes towards adding the XP gain.

dark26435
05-06-2006, 05:56 PM
Ok maybe I am lost or something I dont know. But I can not save it because I need a username and password? What do I put in there?? Any help would be nice. Thanks

Ron
05-06-2006, 11:18 PM
User name and password? No clue :) Just right click on the link in my sig that says "The Actual Spreadsheet" and select "Save As" to download it to your local drive. That should be all you need. Then just open it up with Excel (or whatever program you use to open spreadsheets). Maybe it's the browser you are using? If you still get that prompt, try leaving the fields blank. I assure you, I have not password protected that particular file, hehe.

That being said, my web server (Apollo) is getting read to move my web DNS thingy, and I've noticed over the last couple of days my site has been a little flakey (they're also moving all the hardware to some new location, and I presume they are prepping for that with backups and the like). Normally they are quite reliable, but right at the moment not so much. It's possible you hit it while it was down. Try it again. The DNS move is supposed to happen Sunday morning, so depending on how fast the DNS address propigates in your area, the link may not work for as much as day or two. I apologize in advance for any inconvienience, but it's totally out of my control at the moment :)

Thing
05-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Thats a lnice list but I prefer to use this list I've found online

http://dndonline.gameamp.com/dnd/viewQuests

Ron
05-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Hi again everyone!

I've gone ahead and updated the quest list for today's patch. This includes the three new quests (we now total 146 quests). I've also made corrections to another 6 existing quests. I think I am about out of things to update at this point, the sheet should be pretty darn accurate now :)

I also finally remembered to add the inn locations to the notes field. It only took me 3 updates to remember to do that, heh. So, if a quest starts in the Hammersmith's Inn, the notes section will tell you that inn is in House Deneith. Hopefully that should help people navigate around a little easier.

You can download the spreadsheet through the link in my sig, or if you have sigs disabled, please see post #1 in this thread for the link.

Ron

Enigma_Shock
05-10-2006, 07:56 PM
You Rock!

Thanks Ron!

I will have you know that I keep the most current Ron Spreadsheet under my monitor at all times . . .

cdbd3rd
05-10-2006, 08:13 PM
User name and password? No clue :) Just right click on the link in my sig that says "The Actual Spreadsheet" and select "Save As" to download it to your local drive. That should be all you need. Then just open it up with Excel (or whatever program you use to open spreadsheets). Maybe it's the browser you are using? If you still get that prompt, try leaving the fields blank. I assure you, I have not password protected that particular file, hehe.

I got that too when trying to save the file after it was opened. I just went back to the original link and chose "save" instead of "open".
Or could just be the flaky server... :)

Ron
05-11-2006, 08:29 AM
Huh, I cannot reproduce that :) If I try to open the file directly from the link, my browser asks me where I want to save it. Anyway, the bottom line seems to be to first save the file, then open it from your local drive. Let me know if anyone is still having problems.

Petro
05-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Bump
Nice work

Carteeg_Struve
05-17-2006, 07:12 AM
I love the list. The sorting options really make this easy for me to use.

But in regards to the note for the Level 1: Kobald Island quest, I don't think the lack of it appearing in the quest log is a bug. I think the Island is just an encounter zone with a single encounter group spread out over the entire island. Maybe they're planning on putting more into it later... *shrug*

Ron
05-17-2006, 09:23 AM
Yeah, it's not the lack of it appearing in your quest log that I think is the bug. There are a number of "quest" areas that do this (Giant Supplies, the four training missions, and so on).

The bug that I refer to is that the quest XP table claims you ought to get 100 (or so) XP after killing 20 kobolds, but it never happens. I think Turbine hasn't quite figured out if Kobold Island is supposed to be a quest or just an encounter area :) In practice, it seems to work like an encounter area, but it has a quest XP panel like a quest does. I imagine sometime in the future this will be worked out one way or the other.

starfire_one
05-17-2006, 10:33 AM
This might be a little too much to ask (what with spoilers and all), but I have to ask for clarities sake...

Can you include base XP received (not for specials, incidentals, ransack, or bonuses)?
Can you include monster types faced (Not Ogre, Hobgoblin, Skeleton... but Giant, Goblinoid, Undead...)?
Can you include Static Rewards (Such as 5 gp, what items are available, or none)?
Can you include number of traps, hidden, and chests?
Can you include type of dungeon (i.e. Sewer, basement, outdoors)?

I know some of these fall under the spoiler, but a couple of them would be nice to see. Just a suggestion to make this list better!

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is correct or not, but I thought the Cult of Six missions were located on "Sorrodusk Island" not "The Eye of Kol Korran." I could be wrong, but you might want to look again, just in case. (Better to be safe than sorry).

Kynn
05-17-2006, 01:50 PM
tag...

Ron
05-17-2006, 03:52 PM
This might be a little too much to ask (what with spoilers and all), but I have to ask for clarities sake...
You are right, most of this I can't put in because of the spoilers. However, the base XP is a request I've gotten several times now. I've always been on the fence as to whether or not that's a spoiler, but since it appears right on the XP report window , I suppose it can't really be considered as such :) I'll go ahead and start putting these in, just have to figure out where to find accurate values (or do all the quests over again myself, heh).

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is correct or not, but I thought the Cult of Six missions were located on "Sorrodusk Island" not "The Eye of Kol Korran." I could be wrong, but you might want to look again, just in case. (Better to be safe than sorry).
Yes you are absolutely right. I just did the Co6 line myself last weekend for the first time, and I've fixed the entries for them. When I originally put together the list, I relied on a web site for info for those quests I hadn't yet done myself, and they weren't exactly paragons of accuracy. I've been making corrections to the spreadsheet ever since :) However, at this point I've done nearly all of them personally. Anyway, the Co6 line has been updated, so when the next release happens those will be fixed. So far, those are the only updates I have since the last release.

Arnwalden
05-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Ron thank you so much really!

You can't imagine how helpfull your work is for a casual gamer like me.

/bow
/bump

mistharm
05-19-2006, 04:53 AM
<o.O> Might I just say "Thank you"? Because me and my friends have been desperate to find the rest of the quests (we *knew* we were missing some >.> stuck at level 4; trying to avoid repeating a ton of content)

This should help!

Ron
05-19-2006, 06:37 AM
Thanks guys, I'm glad that it's a help. :D

Darch
05-19-2006, 06:41 AM
<o.O> Might I just say "Thank you"? Because me and my friends have been desperate to find the rest of the quests (we *knew* we were missing some >.> stuck at level 4; trying to avoid repeating a ton of content)

This should help!

Yup, very useful. We're in the same boat Mistharm is. At 4, looking at repeating quests to continue. Then I picked up the list and found a few quests we'd missed. Got 1 more to do, and we should be just about level 5 by then.

Good job, Ron!

Hammerdrop
05-19-2006, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the update!

Hammerdrop:)

mattllow
06-01-2006, 12:58 PM
<cough> bumpin <cough> sorry had to clear my throat.

Ron
06-01-2006, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the bump Mattllow :)

There is a major update in the works. I've added a base XP column, and have filled in about a third of the quests now (from actually running them, or at least starting them, heh).

The only question is when to release. I could easily copy base XP numbers from a website, but the last time I did that, I was correcting errors in the spreadsheet for two months. I prefer not to put them in until I run the actual quest and can see the number first hand. However, doing it that way may take a while. I could release a version with incomplete data now and fill the rest in as I get them. Anyone have any preference?

I have also updated a few more mistakes that I've found, and reorganized a few quests (there are some quests that don't really have a level associated with them, basically the "advancement" stuff, like "Seek Dryden's Council" or "Buy a New Weapon", those sorts of things. They have now been designated as level 0 quests with 0 base xp).

So the next update should be pretty significant. It's just a question of do y'all want it now with only a third of the quests with base xp numbers, or later when I can get more of them in?

Dracous
06-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Awesome job. Now if only this could be thottboted... :D

jjkolb
06-05-2006, 10:32 AM
I would rather get them piecemeal, rather than wait for it to be complete.

mattllow
06-05-2006, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the bump Mattllow :)

There is a major update in the works. I've added a base XP column, and have filled in about a third of the quests now (from actually running them, or at least starting them, heh).

The only question is when to release. I could easily copy base XP numbers from a website, but the last time I did that, I was correcting errors in the spreadsheet for two months. I prefer not to put them in until I run the actual quest and can see the number first hand. However, doing it that way may take a while. I could release a version with incomplete data now and fill the rest in as I get them. Anyone have any preference?

I have also updated a few more mistakes that I've found, and reorganized a few quests (there are some quests that don't really have a level associated with them, basically the "advancement" stuff, like "Seek Dryden's Council" or "Buy a New Weapon", those sorts of things. They have now been designated as level 0 quests with 0 base xp).

So the next update should be pretty significant. It's just a question of do y'all want it now with only a third of the quests with base xp numbers, or later when I can get more of them in?
I agree, release it now, and add to it. This really should be stickied! I know alot of people that think they have ran all the quests havent. Having a list of them all, and where to get them is great! Very good stuff! I say release it and patch as you go. Perhaps even get some players to help with the data missing. I know if I ran a quest that you didnt have the Xp, I would take a screen shot of the mission screen with XP and post it here for you.

Aurochys
06-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Thanks for all the hard work on this!

crimsonretribution
06-06-2006, 10:09 PM
I'd love to appreciate all the hard work you put into this, but I don't have excel or any spreadsheet program. Is there any way you can make a version for Microsoft Word? Heck, even notepad would work. I'd greatly appreciate it =D

Teech
06-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Wow.

Just dropped by to say 'Thanks!'

The work here is amazing. Much time and effort put in.

Many many Thanks!!

Ron
06-07-2006, 07:48 AM
Okay fair enough :)

I've uploaded a new version with XP values. I managed to get about half of them in, mostly the level 1 to 3 quests, but a chunk of the higher level ones as well.

If you run a quest that I don't have the XP value for, please don't hesitate to send me a PM or post the value so I can add it in to the next version. NOTE that I need the BASE value (at the very top of the XP report) and you must be running on "Normal" difficulty (not Hard or Elite), otherwise the number is no good to me :) In the meantime I'll try to keep running quests to get the values myself as well (though at this point its getting increasingly difficult, I got all the easy ones, the ones that are left I don't really have a character of the appropriate level to run through them, heh).

There were also 22 quests updated (beyond the XP value).

Crimson: There's a free Excel Viewer available here from MS
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010449811033.aspx

I've never used it, but from what I understand it works. The limitation is you cannot edit the spreadsheet, which means you wouldn't be able to track your quests. I also seem to remember there is a free spreadsheet program out there that will load Excel files, but I don't remember the name of it (perhaps someone who knows it will post the info).

mattllow
06-07-2006, 08:43 AM
I'd love to appreciate all the hard work you put into this, but I don't have excel or any spreadsheet program. Is there any way you can make a version for Microsoft Word? Heck, even notepad would work. I'd greatly appreciate it =D
www.openoffice.org free spreadsheet program that will open Excel files, and yes you can then modify them, or do whatever you like.

Ron
06-07-2006, 01:17 PM
Thats the one! :) Thanks again Mattllow

Kobold_Killer
06-08-2006, 05:33 AM
Just recently we opened up http://ddo.mmodb.com

This site not only feature detailed spoilers for the quests, but also has interactive maps which allow you to click through to objects and go directly to the bestiary, item, or object entry for that area.

Leia
06-08-2006, 07:31 AM
Very nice list! Thank you for this! :)

Lil_Cooter
06-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Great list, my guildmates were thrilled. Thanks for effort.

crimsonretribution
06-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Thank you Ron and Matt for that spreadsheet program, I'm downloading it right now, can't wait to be able to see the spreadsheet.

And Kobold Killer, that site has a lot of potential, I can see that being a huge source of information. One thing though, for things such as 'useful skills' in a quest, instead of having Combustion I - V (in it's various forms), couldn't you just say 'Combustion'? That'd remove a lot of the clutter. But keep up the good work :o

Solandier
06-09-2006, 11:24 AM
I have a question for you, would it be possiable to put a column in that you could modify to say the highest level of difficulty completed for a quest?

Also Awesome job.....just awesome.

mattllow
06-14-2006, 09:06 AM
This tool is so useful, I just posted a link to it on www.ddo.warcry.com Very good stuff!

Ron
06-14-2006, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the link Mattlow! Woohoo, I'm famous :) Tr0tsky's list is just amazing as well. Awsome job he did with that.

Solandier, I'll see what I can do. The small problem with adding a single column is that you don't necessarily have to do the quests in order of difficulty (you could do elite before you've ever done normal or hard). It almost requires three columns (or even four with the addition of solo difficulty) . I'll give it some thought.

I see in the release notes for today that they are changing the xp values on some of the early quests. Figures. Now I have to go back and fix 'em again. D'oh! Time to build another Alt I guess ;)

Teech
06-14-2006, 09:50 AM
This is kinda a +1 post...

I just dropped into this thread (and another) after reading through several of the new 'damn you turbine you nerfed my chests' whining threads, and would like to say another thank you to Ron and tr0tsky for the amazing work they have done with their quests and items lists.

I recall reading before that theres supposed to be a test server up and participants would be by invite only? Could I recommend both these individuals on account of the sterling work that they have done for the DDO community?

That is, if they have not already been invited.

Thanks again!

Khevynn
06-14-2006, 10:01 AM
Awesome list guys! May I make a small suggestion? Would it be possible to flag which quests are "raid"able? As I have never done a raid quest yet and don't know whichs quests for sure are even qualified for a raid party, this would be a very handy feature, I believe. Thanks!!

Ron
06-14-2006, 10:10 AM
Awesome list guys! May I make a small suggestion? Would it be possible to flag which quests are "raid"able? As I have never done a raid quest yet and don't know whichs quests for sure are even qualified for a raid party, this would be a very handy feature, I believe. Thanks!!

Consider it done! No, really, consider it done ;) Take a look in the "notes" column. If you pull down the drop down list from the header, you can even filter to just show the raid quests.

Arcanumus
06-27-2006, 12:05 AM
I just bumped into this thread and I wanted to take the time to say a big thank-you to all involved in the creation of this fantastic tool.

Truly, things like this and fine folks like yourself really are the heart of a community. Thank-you again for all your efforts.

--Arc

Lil_Cooter
06-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Thanks for updating this, that makes it even more beneficial.:)

I wish they would sticky this thread :D

Ron
06-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Glad it's a help guys.

Sorry I haven't given it much love in the last couple of weeks, I've not played DDO at all due to working on the character planner. But I have gotten a couple of quest XP numbers, and once I get back into the game for actual playing purposes, I'll get back on top of this :)

mattllow
07-03-2006, 07:12 PM
<cough> bump <cough>

tr0tsky
07-03-2006, 08:00 PM
Just wanted to say, I use this to keep track of what quests I've done on Elite, to prepare for favor with mod 2 :) Works quite well.

mattllow
07-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Really Trotsky? I use it in the same way....

note: this is not a bump... ummm .... ;)

THAC0
07-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Stumbled across this today... and must say NICE JOB! Kudos to you for putting this all together.

/waves to Mattllow

(Grooka as you recall...)

Ron
07-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Thanks. If you get a chance, when you run quests on Normal difficultly, jot down any XP values I'm missing and PM them to me. We're still missing quite a few of those. And of course any new quests that went in today. I still haven't played DDO at all because of my other little project, but I hope to be able to get back in game by next week sometime and start collecting those XP values again.

Paladin_NW
09-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Thank you for sharing this information. And taking the time not only to do it, but to do so in a way that makes it useful and accessible to "Noobs" and Veterans alike! :cool:

Lloyd
11-25-2006, 03:01 PM
I have the June version. I use it at least once a day.
Question is 'Are you going to release a mod 3 version'?

hwaksman
12-08-2006, 04:39 PM
I still get a request to give a username and pwd, and when I save to my local PC, it lets me open a read-only version but again asks for user and Pwd if I try to create a modifieable copy

Kethir
08-01-2007, 02:33 AM
Thanks for the list, but do you think there's any way you could make it a basic, clean, excel spreadsheet file?

Your website has the latest info, but when I paste it into excel, it brings lots of info I don't need.

All I need is the name of the quest, from A to Z. Thats it. I can then check off as I do each.

Any way you could make a clean word document with a list of the quests?

Ron
08-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Wow, this is an old thread, hehe.

Thanks for the list, but do you think there's any way you could make it a basic, clean, excel spreadsheet file?
No, for a couple of reasons.

1) People were understandably reluctant to download an excel spreadsheet. They can hold viruses and such. That's the primary reason I changed it to a web page in the first place.

2) I have too many projects going already. I'm not maintaining multiple versions of the quest list, heh. I'm very happy with the form it is in right now, it's easy to use and to update, and that's the one I'm sticking with for the moment.

Any way you could make a clean word document with a list of the quests?

Totally doable, I'll walk ya through it. Open up the web page with the list on it and click anywhere (just to make sure it's the active page). Then hit Cntrl-A then Cntrl-C to copy the entire thing.

Now open up Word. Go to the Edit menu, and go to "Paste Special". Select "Formatted Text (RTF)" from the list of options. This will give you a table with all the text but none of the HTML formatting.

Now, as you say, this table has more info than you really want. If you don't know how to work with tables in Word, it's simple! You probably want to start by deleting the header (where it says "The Ultimate DDO Quest List"). Click on the row so that the row highlights (or alternately, just make sure the cursor is in that table cell). Go to the table menu and select Delete->Row. That will remove that header row.

There will be a bunch of columns you want to get rid of too. Delete them exactly the same way (except obviously you want to use Delete->Column).

In the end you should have just the columns you are after. You probably want to resize them (which you can do with the little ruler thing at the top of the document (just under the menu/hot button bars), just drag the cell borders in the ruler (they look like # symbols).

Save, and there ya go!

You can also easily move this modified table into Excel if you wish. MS set it up such that moving a table from Word into Excel is just a matter of copying and pasting (Word: Cntrl-A, Cntrl-C, Excel: Cntrl-P, done!).

Hope that helps and that it works for you. If you have any trouble, let me know and I can try to help out further. I know my way around Excel/Word pretty well :)

Kolvarg
08-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Is there any way you could add an order to the chain quests? So you know which one is first etc?

Ron
08-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Hey Kolvarg,

Go to the web page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO/DDOQuestList.phtml). At the top you will see some catagories. These are all sortable. Click on the catagory "Quest Line". This will sort the quests by chain. It secondarily sorts them by level. So it may not be an *exact* ordering by chain, but it's going to be pretty close (since chains tend to go up in level as you move along the chain). The only time it will be out of order is when you have two or more parts of the chain that are the same level.

acecharizard
12-22-2007, 11:05 AM
Really good work when you going to get a high level so you can post those higher level quest and some maps?

Crimson_Angel1327
04-20-2008, 01:49 AM
Wonderful job! I love it! You did an amazing job on this! I'll be using it for all of my characters and getting my boyfriend to use it as well so we can keep track of our quests and things easier! Thanks for taking the time to set this up!

I'd like permission to pass this out to members of my guild if you don't mind? Thank you for the consideration!

Umzadi
Mystical Knights
Overlord
Thelanis Server

Ron
04-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Sure, be my guest. Although the spreadsheet version is no longer updated. It's a web page now. A much more current (but alas, still somewhat incomplete) version can be found from the link in my sig.

Dymond
05-09-2008, 08:12 PM
I love the website but unfortunately for the end user its not customizable by them. I think people liked the Excel sheet because the could check off things as they went.