PDA

View Full Version : TR and completions

Krag
05-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Dear Turbine,
please, reconsider resetting raid completions after True Reincarnation.

The current policy discourages raiding characters from TR for no special reason. Imagine a character who has done 10 ToD completions before deciding to reincarnate. 10 completions represent a whole month of active raiding, numerous invested resources: time, scrolls, pots. Losing all of it is disheartening. But equally disheartening is waiting another month for 20 completions avoiding other raids that would be reset anyways.

Yaga_Nub
05-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Dear Turbine,
please, reconsider resetting raid completions after True Reincarnation.

The current policy discourages raiding characters from TR for no special reason. Imagine a character who has done 10 ToD completions before deciding to reincarnate. 10 completions represent a whole month of active raiding, numerous invested resources: time, scrolls, pots. Losing all of it is disheartening. But equally disheartening is waiting another month for 20 completions avoiding other raids that would be reset anyways.

I don't think they can. Basically the system is creating a whole new character. I'm probably wrong though.

Cyr
05-07-2010, 02:46 PM
I don't think they can. Basically the system is creating a whole new character. I'm probably wrong though.

And even if it was where is the problem?

Copy raid completions into a small buffer file...create new character....transfer raid completions from buffer file to appropriate character data fields.

They already do this type of thing by transfering over your past life class data and your TR bank...it's just one more set of data.

In other words, all it takes is some coding and debugging time and technically it should most certainly be possible to transfer over anything from a past life they wanted to.

Krag
05-08-2010, 06:51 AM
As Cyr pointed out transferring an array of integer variables is not an issue.
And besides new character already keeps a lot of data about his previous life(s): name, guild, class, inventory,...

Arcticwarrior
05-08-2010, 08:34 AM

Actually you are correct, when someone TRs (I know I am right because it says it when you are about to TR) their character is deleted. That is why you can change your name, appearance, etc. AND start back at level 1

Lorien_the_First_One
05-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Actually you are correct, when someone TRs (I know I am right because it says it when you are about to TR) their character is deleted. That is why you can change your name, appearance, etc. AND start back at level 1

But as others have pointed out, much existing info is stored. They could store more.

I think conceptually they just went with "you start again". Probably made their lives easier.

sephiroth1084
05-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Grow some patience.

Instead of TRing on a whim or whatever, take that extra time to plan out your build, stock up on twink gear, etc... And if you don't care enough about the 20th completion to wait, then why should Turbine care so much?

I will say, I'm a bit surprised, and quite frustrated, with some of the PUGs I've been in, where a TR'ed character is the weak link in a group, because they TR'ed on an impulse or...whatever.

Yeah, it kind of sucks having to wait, and I missed leveling with my guild leader because he reincarnated right away, whereas I insisted on waiting on some 20th completions, but I now have +3 tomes sitting in my bank waiting to be used on my next life, and I had several other characters across all level ranges to run with him for fun or when he needed a hand.

Crazyfruit
05-08-2010, 10:09 AM
^ - that post almost makes this video game sound more like work than it is something people play to have fun :|

I personally would've blown over $100 on true hearts if completions carried over.

Ugh @ the extra 10 hours I have to spend in shroud & month of being on a schedule to finish a character who's "done" in every other sense. If I want to TR someone I don't want to play it anymore. But at the same time I'm sure I won't want to hit 20 completions in any future life either & don't want to waste the 10 they have. 3-6 months later they're all still sitting at X completions waiting for me to get bored enough to do a shroud 20th. They'll probably still be waiting next year.

Krag
05-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Q: why should Turbine care so much?
A: I personally would've blown over $100 on true hearts if completions carried over.

I also hope that Turbine does care about making their customers happy.

Jendrak
05-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Grow some patience.

Instead of TRing on a whim or whatever, take that extra time to plan out your build, stock up on twink gear, etc... And if you don't care enough about the 20th completion to wait, then why should Turbine care so much?

I will say, I'm a bit surprised, and quite frustrated, with some of the PUGs I've been in, where a TR'ed character is the weak link in a group, because they TR'ed on an impulse or...whatever.

Yeah, it kind of sucks having to wait, and I missed leveling with my guild leader because he reincarnated right away, whereas I insisted on waiting on some 20th completions, but I now have +3 tomes sitting in my bank waiting to be used on my next life, and I had several other characters across all level ranges to run with him for fun or when he needed a hand.

QFT!

aside from not beign able to get a 20th right off the bat or just bragging rights about how youve completed 1000 shrouds on a certain character there is no reason to keep your raid counter. Just plan better and enjoy.

Krag
05-08-2010, 02:09 PM
QFT!

aside from not beign able to get a 20th right off the bat or just bragging rights about how youve completed 1000 shrouds on a certain character there is no reason to keep your raid counter. Just plan better and enjoy.

I can understand the "plan better" part but enjoying playing a toon that I want to reroll ASAP is too difficult.

Lithic
05-08-2010, 02:44 PM
QFT!

The raid system as it is today makes running any raids on TR a waste of time. If my raid counter isn't going to tick up to 20 eventually, then the ultra low chance of getting an item I want on a TR makes raiding pointless. On the character I am TRing multiple times, I don't even bother flagging for any raids other than the shroud. Allowing a TR to keep their raid counter would encourage people to raid more during their next lives, which means more people are available for raids, which makes the endgame more fun for everyone.

A similar gripe is that a TRd character is locked out of epics until they hit 20 again. That means anyone who is TRing has that character locked out of 2 of the 3 end game things to do (TR, raid, epic). Letting people into epics at lvl 18 or 19 would drastically increase the number of people willing to run epics, and make it more fun for everyone in the process.

Krag
05-27-2010, 11:27 AM
/bump

This is very frustrating that you can't simultaneously advance via raids and reincarnations. Raiding is fun. No progress is not.

Yaga_Nub
05-27-2010, 11:29 AM
/reported.

Aspenor
05-27-2010, 11:38 AM
/reported.

Oh, and /signed.